Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 12:40 PM   #1  

Default Thread for Aug. 28th-Sept. 3rd

Hey, ladies!! I read the thread about making changes to our posting methods, so I hope it's okay if we start a weekly thread plus post other exciting topics on individual threads. Today is Sunday, so I thought we might as well get started for the week!

I hope everyone is in the midst of enjoying a wonderful weekend. I went on a long walk (2 hours) by myself this morning. I found a new trail in town, so I explored that. It was so much fun to be walking so close to home, yet not have a clue where I'll end up at. I think if I follow the trail far enough, that it would take me all the way to campus, where I work, but I think it would probably be another 5 or so miles away.

Maggie, I was thinking about you while I was on my walk. Have you considered going to TOPS? My mom use to belong when I was little. It's a ton cheaper than WW, yet you still have to weigh in once per week. I think if I weren't doing WW, then I'd do this. I'm much better having to face that lady at the scale each week. If I don't have to own up to someone, then I tend to put my diet off until tomorrow. There website is www.tops.org. I hope there is one in your area.

Amanda, Congratulations on entering One-Derland!! Good for you!!

Take care, and I have a good week!! Stephanie

P.S. I'm changing my signature to reflect my WW weigh-in rather than my scale. It puts me up a few pounds, but no worries!!
Old 08-28-2005, 01:10 PM   #2  

I forgot to add something--

I read somewhere that it may be easier to start your points with the largest meal of the day. For example, my supper is my largest, so my daily points allowance would be from 5:00pm Monday to 5:00pm on Tuesday (rather than from the time I wake up on Monday to the time I go to sleep Monday night. I don't know if I could change my mind frame to alter my points, but I thought I'd mention it to you all.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:36 PM   #3  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Hello everybody! I wish my life would slow down a bit so I could get on here and read/post more often, I miss you guys!
This week/weekend has been a whirlwind! I did get all registered for classes, bought my books ( $289~yikes!) I had my last full day of work Friday , it was beyond busy! Then we had a house guest Friday night and then another one Saturday night! Today Lori has been visiting her brother in treatment, and Byron went with me up to campus to find where my classes are at.Then we went to the store and bought myself a backpack! I got one on clearence for $4.99! Then I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning out my fish tank, that turned out to be a very HUGE job. Byron and I just finished dinner...oh while I'm on the subject of food, here's my food journal for the day.

B-Cereal 2p
1% milk 2p

S-FF capucinno 4p

L-Wendy's!
Jr. hamburger 6p
small fry 5p
WATER ZERO, I resisted having a coke

S-New 100 calorie snack pack, Chips Deluxe cookies! 2p YUM

D-BBQ chicken breast 5p
Potato, sliced, sprayed w/ butter spray,seasonings-then wrapped in foil and threw it on Grill 2p
Fresh green beans ZERO
1% milk 2p

Ok, well now I need to get going. Still need to look at the bus schedule for the morning(first class at 8am!!!!!!), pack my lunch and snack, figure out what I'm going to wear tomorrow and then do my best not to get nervous about first day of school! LOL
I will check in and report tomorrow afternoon!

~Izzy (Lisa)
Old 08-28-2005, 08:23 PM   #4  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Best of luck tomorrow, Lisa!

I just did a weird thing. I was sooooo craving KFC, chicken, biscuit, fixings, etc. Got in my car. Practically salivating the whole time. Drove about four blocks and came back home. Mainly because I had a feeling Da Man was going to call and I didn't want to miss it, but partly because I started feeling like it just wasn't worth it. That felt good. I got home and within 30 seconds the phone was ringing btw! Yea, it was my honey bunny.

Oh, Steph, thanks for the info on TOPS. I looked at the Web site, and there is a meeting near me. I'm thinking about going. Thank you again.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:03 AM   #5  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

*giggles* I love it, Maggie! That's a hilarious and wonderful all at the same time. Congrats on making the better decision!

Okay, really...I'm going to bed now.
~Amanda
Old 08-29-2005, 06:37 AM   #6  

Why am I up at 6 am? I am sooooo going back to bed!!

Well I survived my son's first brithday party. I made stromboli from scratch. 2 regular and one points frendlier one. I was able to cut the points from almost 11 points per slice to 5. It was my grand experiment. It certainly wasn't as insanley deliscious good. But it allowed me to eat two slices with using almost an entire days worth of points. I will probably make it again.

I did well points wise but I slacked off on water and ate alot of salty stuff. BTW the new LIGHT Doritos are wonderful!!!! Not the baked (which I like too) these are light YUMM-O. Plus it TOM. SO not sure if I will make it to Onederland this week or not.

It was a long rough weekend. Thursday was horrible. Friday wasn't too bad, my brothers and sisters were pretty good. The oldest is 13 and he can sometimes get violent, but it was a calm happy day. I didn't even have to yell. Then we unexpectedly went car shopping. I fell IN LOVE with a buick terraza...it's a mini van of all things. I swore I would never drive a minivan. I teased my best friend relentlessly b/c she bought one LOL. But I admit her was nice. We drove it Saturday....NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT GO CAR SHOPPING WITH TWO KIDS!!!! Yeah so not fun. But we really liked it and my husband is willing to put off replacing his truck. So I guess we are gonna call the guy and see if we can make the numbers match up. I hope it goes well. My husband would rather not trade in my tracker and just let his sister take over our payments as her car is really really bad. I have no problem with that as long as she pays us!! She probably wouldn't qualify for a very good loan right now b/c she just bought a house a few weeks ago. But I think as a single woman living alone she needs a sounds reliable car. So I hope we get approved for the loan on the van even though we will still technically have a laon on the tracker.

Maggie-YOU CRACK ME UP!!!!!! That's so awesome though! I am so proud of you!!!! OH YEAH, you DON'T suck!

Lisa-Good luckk today! You are gonna do great!!!! I am so happy and excited for my stomach feels all fluttery, can't imagine what you feel like. It will one of the best choices you ever made!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

Stephanie-I kind of like that points idea. I am always worried about whay I eat ealier in the day b/c I want to ensure that I have enough points to feel satisfied at dinner. If I did it the other way I could eat at dinner and then just do lunch and berakfast the next day on what was left. It would be hard to change my mind set like that, but certainly something to consider.

Well everyone have a great day. As of 10 pm last night I am only getting one kid today, so unless things changed between now and then it should be a fairly easy day. My son got a thing with two tents and a tunnel that connect them for his birthday (people must think I have a HUGE house for all this stuff), anyway I'll see if I can squeeze that into the livingroom and probably that will entertain the three kids all day.!!!

Again I ask why am I up at 6 am? It's 6:35 and they still aren't here Oh well! How many other people get paid to sleep on the couch? All be it it's $2 an hour, but still LOL. Ok have a fabulous day everyone!!!

Last edited by MistySeptember; 08-29-2005 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #7  

I am so bored! LOL. Want to know how bored I am? I am sitting here smelling my shirt contemplating the fragrance of my new laundry soap.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:08 PM   #8  
THICK and tired of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistySeptember
I am so bored! LOL. Want to know how bored I am? I am sitting here smelling my shirt contemplating the fragrance of my new laundry soap.

Misty, you are hilarious! I wish I could help you with your boredom- feel like taking a flight to MN to kick my butt into gear on this thesis, and force me into a workout while you're here?

Yeah, ok- I'll go get to work now and stop procrastinating! I'd rather smell laundry soap!
Old 08-29-2005, 04:13 PM   #9  
THICK and tired of it

Hey, why aren't my smily guys rolling on the floor?? I didn't mean to make it look like you had killed me with your comment!! Now they just look like dead smileys (oh, c'mon, we've all wanted to punch a smiley at least once, no? ) but at least they died happy, from the looks of it. Hey Mag- any ideas what those smileys were doing when they died?

I guess you can kill a smiley, but you can't wipe that smile off his face.

*sigh* Back to work, really.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:40 PM   #10  

OMG LORI YOU CRACK ME UP!!! Someone must have given your smiley's a kick start, maybe they just passed out for a bit b/c they are rolling now.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

I actually got up and exercised today! woohoo But I really messed up my knee last night - it must have been when I was sleeping. I was in an odd position due to the Bean (Cocoa - our dog) he wouldn't move. LOL you think I could move him, considering he's only 9.2 lbs, but hes like dead weight when he's asleep and I was too tired to mess with it. So yeah, my knee has been hurting all day, I was just careful when I exercised, and skipped walking at lunch.

I went over my points yesterday, so that kind of sucked, but I'm trying to do better today. Switching to the lower points range has been a challenge. Its only 2 pts, but it seems like more than that.

Great Job Maggie!! For skipping KFC!!

Stephanie - I was talking about you at work today, and how you do the points, and we both thought it was a good idea, but LOL for me, I'd get to confused but then I get confused easily. But I think my co worker may give it a try.

Hope everyone has a great week!! I gotta get going, I want to watch my hottie Joey Harrington, QB for the Detroit Lions.

~Liz

Last edited by Lizzyg; 08-29-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:01 PM   #12  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

LMAO...Lori...you are HILARIOUS. I'm in a similar boat, just change the word from "thesis" to "comps reading list," and you've got me right down to a T. Lol. I just don't want to read any more. Though I still have a pretty hefty list staring at me. I feel like digging my heels into the ground and shouting, "NO! September go away!!" Lol. Exams are October 24-25...will I even finish my list before the test?? Lol. Yeah.

Hope you're doing well with your thesis!!
~Amanda
Old 08-30-2005, 08:16 AM   #13  

Mornin'

I'm gettin' a new car Guess we sign the paper work today. I get so nervesou about all that credit stuff LOL. SO Until it's in my drivway I'm not counting on it yet LOL.

Lisa-how was school?

Amanda and Lori-good luck with your comps and thesis.

Well Ladies, my kiddos are waking up. Wish me luck at weigh in today. Not sure I'll see Onederland tonight considering the cupcakes and the pizza and TOM. But Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, or not. Either way I'm ok.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:24 AM   #14  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Good luck with the WI Misty. I'm sending skinny "one-derland" vibes to ya.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:03 PM   #15  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Just checking in, gals. Couldn't go to the gym last night because there was a memorial service for our pastor's son at our church. I wanted to be there to support the family, plus Joe and the band played at it.

But I AM going tonight. Going to try to an hour on the treadmill and some swimming.

Misty... best of luck with the car and the WI. I so hope you cross over into one-derland tonight. But if not, you will soon! Best of luck, too, to our academics, whether it's with comps reading or the thesis or whatever. I'm thinking about going back for a masters in theology or something to do with counseling teenagers or nonprofit management. It's so expensive, however. Not something I can pursue right now, but in the future, who knows?

Have a great day everyone. Oh, and blah.... I'm stuck at work with no packed lunch, left my bank card at home, so I ate leftover carrot cake from yesterday. Does that count as a serving of veggies? Does the icing count as dairy? Wait... I think there are.... yes, yes, there are .... raisins! Woo-hoo....a fruit serving! Damn, I'm eatin' healthy. I didn't want to eat it, but my head was splitting from only eating a yogurt today at 9AM. Can't wait to get home and eat dinner!
Closed Thread