Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 01:27 AM   #1  
kristin

Lightbulb The Pain of Failure

Just thought I'd post something for the nightowls that our teamleader said at a meeting I thought was profound. She was talking about how painful it is for people to watch what they eat, reduce portions and work out more; she compared it to Lance Armstrong and the Tour De France and how painful that is. At one point a reporter asked Lance why he continues in the race, even though it is very grueling and painful and his response was, "pain is temporary, quiting is forever"
I like that and use it whenever I feel I would much rather look at a bowl of ice cream or a donut rather than a carrot, or don't want to look at another glass of water.
Keep pushing everyone, the pain is temporary, quiting is forever, and the rewards to succeeding are endless!
Old 08-23-2005, 10:35 AM   #2  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 02:26 AM   #3  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

I do, too. I love it. That's such a wonderful way to think about this.

Thanks for that encouragement!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:45 PM   #4  

Thanks for sharing that!
Old 08-27-2005, 05:50 PM   #5  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default Let's start out new today.......

Just thought I'd start a nice fresh, new thread for us to post on. Seems we've all been all over the NIGHT OWLS forum and maybe if we stick to this one for a little bit...it wont be so confusing to some and maybe we'll catch the attention of some of the old NIGHT OWLS.....We're already growing with the new NIGHT OWLS and I love coming here to just blah, blah, blah or to put something that actually has something to do with weight. Oh yeah, alot is going on right now and I'll tell you all about it when Im SURE it's really going to happen...so until then...I hope you're all having a great weekend. Aaaaand....poo poo on hurricane Katrina!!!! Missed us and I hope and pray it doesn't do alot of damage to the direction it's heading now.
Cya later,
Old 08-28-2005, 08:49 PM   #6  

It sounds like that hurricane is really moving. Hope no one on the board is in the way right now. Especially there in New Orleans where they are below sea level. Makes me glad to be up in New England at the moment, though we do get hit by hurricanes, I don't htink they get as bad as that!

Just checking in here - had my weigh in today and was thrilled to have a 2.1 loss - The last few weeks have been up .2 down .4 sort of thing, so I haven't bothered to make any changes to my scale here. Hopefully this will mean that I can keep this trend up!

So this week it's more water, water, water! And today's meeting topic was talking about not seeing the results we want at the scale and what to do about it. The answer is to pick one thing we haven't been doing well (my answer was "can I pick more than one?") and focus on that. So this week for me it's going to be getting milk in. I've never been good about that, so this week I'm going to try to get back in the habit of doing that.

This is my last full week of freedom before the kiddies come back to college. I definitely prefer it when they're not here. However, if not for them, I'd probably be out of a job, so I shouldn't complain! I'm going to enjoy it before I have to go back to early morning bus rides and some late nights at work for the next couple of weeks!

Hope you all have a good week. Stay safe!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:36 AM   #7  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

Hey, you nightowls!

:c)

It's great to see you all. I can't wait to hear PJ's news!!!!
Great job on that weightloss, Elaine!!!!!!!!!
I bet you are SO proud of yourself!
Closed Thread