Old 08-22-2005, 05:03 PM   #1  

Default Week At A Time Challenge #9

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s) and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:13 PM   #2  

Default Monday Awards!

Ladies - Our group seems to be waning - time for the old to renew their vows and extend an invitation to new members. We are small and mighty but can be stronger with more hands to support us So send out the word that we are here! If you can do something to help you in your weight loss goals 1 day, then you can do it for 2. Eventually, you can do it for a week, then you can do it for 3. It takes 3 weeks (21 days) to form a habit - and that is our goal - to form good weight loss habits - one week at a time!

Accolades for last week go to:

haleys
me (mscat)
Sushi
and Bev for 5 Days of Goals Met!

Have a great Monday start of the week!

mscat
Old 08-22-2005, 05:58 PM   #3  

Can anyone join? I would love to be included.............
kurias964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/288/175

Cool Add me!

I want to join.
I can commit to exercising 4 times a week.

Allie
AllieNVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:52 AM   #5  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

...just giving a sign of life... 3:45 am here and guess what? I can't sleep!!!!!

AllieNVegas, welcome and good luck with your goal!
kurias964, the group is open to everyone

Mscat, apologies for going off the radar last week, I just got overwhelmed with all the errands and packing. And I realized that I probably need to take it easy on my goals and challenges over the next 2 weeks. I have a ton of things to take care off still, and starting to find it very difficult to stick with things such as not eating after 7 pm. Today I didn't get home until 9 pm and had no chance of grabbing anything to eat the whole afternoon, so I had to have dinner. And I'm meeting people to say bye, which makes it kind of hard to munch on baby carrots or green pepper... I still want to do the challenge, but I haven't figured out what to commit to.

Hope everyone else finds their way back to us as well.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:38 AM   #6  

Monday - took my usual 35 minute walk so met my walking goal. Drank 52 oz of water so missed it by 8 oz - just couldn't get it down before bed! But that's what makes it a challenge, right? And 52 oz is better than I usually do so I gained something!

Welcome to the new folks - just pick your challenge for the week and jump right in. Glad to have you here.

Sushi - your life sounds pretty hectic right now. Just do the best you can. Sometimes "life" gets in the way of our best plans. I've decided to just do the best I can and not worry about the times I don't quite make it.

MsCat - How ya' doing on that d***ed water - sounds so simple but is harder than you'd think!!!! I even took a bottle of water to work yesterday and still didn't quite make it - but today is a new start so will give it another try.

Everyone have a good Tuesday - hope our missing members find it back soon. It's way too quiet here!
Bev in WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:43 AM   #7  

Default Evening Ladies

Well, it's Wednesday a.m. at 4:20 and I can't sleep - Having a time managing my challenges this week - but it ain't over and the 'fat lady' is not singing either Bev - you said it - the water thing is really tough right now and I don't understand why It should be simple - it was simple several weeks ago when I first started this challenge. I lost my favorite water bottle and got off track. I bought 2 new ones - one to keep at work - but I am still having a tough time getting back into the swing of things. Tomorrow (mmmm, I guess I mean today) I am committing to get those 4 bottles in and I am asking everyone here to hold me accountable. I will report mid-day on my progress. Wish me

Bev for the exercise - I am so inspired by your tenacity! How do you do it day after day? Keep hanging in there with the water - 52 oz is more than I had today!

Bonniebelle - so nice of you to stop in and chat even though you are away! Thanks and congrats on your weight loss. It is inspiring to hear you are losing even though you are on vacation. Kudos to you for standing for yourself and getting the customer service you deserve!

Sushi - I hope you at least are in bed by now! We understand about packing - I moved 5 times in the past 5 years. You take it as easy as you must with your goals and posting. We will be here for you whenever you need us

Allie and kurias - welcome - we are so happy to have you join us. We are very supportive and you can choose whatever goals you want. Allie - your exercise goal is great! Let us know each day you accomplish your goal so we can cheer you!

mscat
Old 08-24-2005, 09:35 AM   #8  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Happy to report I had a good sleep last night! No wonder really - I was so exhausted after getting all of 2 hours the night before!

I noticed that I let myself slip with everything, it's much harder to stick to things when you tell yourself "I'll do what I can" as opposed to actually challenging yourself to do something! The only thing I'm sticking with is the 21 Day Challenge, and that's because I don't want to have to start over. So I'm going to challenge myself to drink my water, at least 3 of my 710 mL bottles. And the bonus goal will be not to eat after 8 pm. Hectic or not, I should be able to challenge myself to do at least one thing, really!

Mscat, moving 5 times in 5 years???? :eek!: Oh dear my! This will be my 3rd move in 2 years, but it's not like I have a whole household to move. Just a small bachelor apartment with some furniture and a lot of books. The reason why it's more difficult this time is because I'm putting most of the stuff into storage and I want to pack it really well so it takes the least space, and I'm also trying to get rid of stuff I don't use/need. Also, I'd usually deal with address changes and etc. after moving, but now it all needs to be taken care of before I actually leave the country.
Good luck with your water, and just think of me whenever you see the bottle and I'll do the same - which hopefully will remind both of us that the other one is struggling with the same goal! Good luck!

Bonnie, how great to hear you're having so much fun with your DIL and DGD, and that you're losing! Hope you've recovered from the infection - awful thing to catch you!

Bev, you're doing so great with your walking! You inspired me to start walking more - I love walks and generally walking from one place to another while on errands, but I haven't been doing it. So now I try to walk a bit each day.

Casper, Allie, Curias... where are you? We're here to cheer and support you!
Old 08-24-2005, 05:04 PM   #9  

Ok, I walked 2 miles on Monday. Today, Wednesday, I did the Leslie Sansone 2 mile Brisk Walk Dvd. It is a challenge especially since I wake at 5AM to do it. I have to be at work at 7AM. And I know that if I dont exercise before going to work it aint happening when I get home because I work in 10 hour shifts and go to school fulltime. So I am doing ok. How is everyone doing?
Old 08-24-2005, 10:28 PM   #10  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hurray, I drank all my water today and it was actually EASY!
I don't think drinking 2 liters/day is much for me, I've had lots of practice the past few weeks after all! The problem the past few days was that I just didn't drink - even though I did feel dehydrated and sometimes thirsty!

I didn't meet the bonus goal though. I was too hungry when I got back from skating.

Allie, congratulations, you're doing awesome!!! (3 cheers for 3 days) Yes, getting up at 5 am to exercise while working 10 hr shifts and going to school indeed is a challenge! Congratulations! Hopefully you're not having trouble getting to sleep at night (or going to bed too late) like I am.

Mscat, I forgot to mention this before... it's awful of me, but I'm glad that that I'm not the only person who sometimes uses the tantrum icon in reference to sleep!
Old 08-24-2005, 11:55 PM   #11  

Default Wednesday Challenge!

Hey Ladies - I did it! It was so tough - I was working on a project all day that was so intense I forgot to drink my water from a full jug! Went to an Indian Buffet for lunch - food was so hot I got 24 oz in! Then I finished off the second 24 before I left work. Completing my last 24 as we "speak."

Sushi - I was your kindred spirit this a.m. sleep wise and water - thanks for the challenge!
Allie you are totally rockin'!!

Bev, Bonnie, carla, Casper - Hope you are all doing great!

mscat
Old 08-25-2005, 12:54 AM   #12  

Hugs to everyone!
Thank you for your support

Old 08-25-2005, 06:43 AM   #13  

Yikes - I forgot to post for Tuesday!!! Took my usual walk of 35 minutes in the morning but only drank 16 oz of water. I've realized that it's much harder for me to remember to drink now that the weather has cooled down. Seemed like I was always thirsty when it was so hot - but now I'm struggling. I really have never been much of a water-drinker, and I just have to concentrate on remembering to drink.

Wed I walked for 40 minutes and drank 44 oz of water. So did a bit better.

This morning will be Day 20 on my 21 day walking goal. So you can bet I'll do it the next two days!!! This is the 3rd or 4th time I've tried to do it and always fell off the wagon about Day 12 or 13.

Allie - I know what you mean by having to walk in the morning or it just isn't going to get done. As the days get shorter I'm going to have to start walking after work so you guys are really going to have to push me along then.

Bonnie - so glad you checked in and that you are having such a good time with GD & DIL. Am so sorry you lost your glasses and that you didn't feel well for a few days.

Everyone have a good Thursday - it's really nice to have some new people posting!

Haleys & Carla - hope you drop in to let us know how you're doing.
Bev in WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:33 AM   #14  

Sorry about the silence, ladies. I'm fine, "recovering" from a rather bingey week away on business. I've been lurking since I got back. but I'm not up for a week-at-a-time right now. I'm still trying to stick to the 21-day challenge. But I decided it was better to take a break than to pick goals I know I won't meet. You'd think with the cooler weather I'd be outside getting a ton of exercise. Instead I'm hanging out indoors gazing at the mounting pile of laundry and conserving personal energy. I am sticking with my no wine no choc bar goals, which are becoming easier and easier.

I will be back, and will drop in from time to time in the interim. Bev, Mscat, Bonnie, Sushi - I haven't forgotten you, and will continue to send : and silent support!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 11:56 PM   #15  
Debi

Smile Hi - I'm new here!

Hi new friends!

My name is Debi and I so want to join your group here but since today is only Thursday [well - it's nearly midnight but still .... *lol*] - I'm guessing it would be best to wait until Monday to start with a new week with you all, huh?

I couldn't wait to post on here so decided to take a chance and do it tonight and hope that no one minded the intrustion.

I know the kind of things that work for me and KNOW that this group most definitely will help me ALOT. I'd have friends to be accountable to and also -one or two specific things to work on for an entire week.

Well - for the past 2 weeks + 1 day, I have walked DOWN 20 flights of stairs each day and have been keeping track each day so I'll be sure and do it.

I've been walking the stairs where I live at [I live in a hi-rise building] and there are 8 floors here. What I've been doing is to walk from my floor [I live on the 7th] ... down to the 1st and that is a total of 6 floors down.

I then take the elevator up to the 8th and walk down to the first floor, then the elevator back up and walk back down to the 1st once again which gives me a total of 20 flights per day.

Now, realistically I know that walking UP them would benefit me much more than just walking down but ... I hate walking up them [ugh! ]

And, I figure that going from barely any exercise at all, to walking down them was better than no exercise at all [right? ]

Anyways ... just couldn't wait to introduce myself and hope that you won't mind me joining you here starting on Monday.

Love,

Debi
deborah.jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote