Old 08-24-2005, 02:46 PM   #1  
Green Tea Goddess

Post Just a story I want to share with the club...

WARNING: THIS IS VERY LONG!

Some of you might have noticed there's been something I've wanted to get off my chest. It's been nearly impossible for me to find support for my weight loss. I appreciate everyone here so much. I just want to share a little story about my brand new supporter. Some of you might know I am engaged to be married in March. I first met my fiance, Kiefer, in a chat room and since neither he nor I believed in online romances, it was strictly a friendship. I would talk to him about the man I was dating at the time and he would give me advice. Well, after about 10 months, things with that man didn't work out and almost immediately, Kiefer confessed his feelings. I did have quite a crush on him too. We both thought it was silly and impossible to carry on such a long distance relationship (me in the US and he in South America) especially over the internet, but we continued to get to know each other for around 8 more months. Then, one day, my world came crashing down. I showed him a picture of a dress I really wanted to buy but I wanted his opinion. He took one look at the picture that I e-mailed him and said, "I like the dress but the model is very unattractive." I asked him why he thought that and he said, "She's carrying too much weight. It's very unattractive. Disgusting actually." My heart fell to my feet. Let me tell you, this model was about 150lbs lighter than me and I never would describe her as fat in ANY definition of the word. I said, "Kiefer. You know, I'm fat." His next comment hurt me even more... "No. You can't be fat. You're too beautiful to be fat. I could never love a fat girl. You're not fat!" I decided not to talk to him anymore and I don't think I had ever been in a deeper depression. Even after the reality of my obesity hit him, he continued to pursue me. I finally agreed to meet him but warned him he wouldn't be attracted to me. My self-esteem was dead at this point. We did meet though and he made me feel more beautiful than I ever thought I could feel. He held my face, looked into my eyes and told me, "Sarah. You're the most amazing woman I have ever known. Though I've never been attracted to overweight people before, I think that's because I never saw you before. You're the love of my life. I'll love you at 400 and I'll love you at 100 and I'll love you every pound inbetween, today, tomorrow, and the rest of my life. Will you marry me?" Of course I couldn't refuse! To sum this up, he's become VERY supportive of my weight loss even though every single day he tells me that he loves me just the way I am. He even worries about me not eating enough or exercising too hard. I'm sorry this went to long. I just wanted to share and also to ask everyone to share their stores of their loved ones and the support and inspiration they provide. I'd love to hear everyone else's stories.

Last edited by Venus In Mourning; 08-24-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Venus In Mourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:57 PM   #2  

OMG! That is truly one of the most beautiful stories of a man letting go of his pre-conceived notions and finding it in his heart to support and love (unconditionaly) the love of his life! Thank you so much for sharing this, it has truly warmed my heart. See, I knew there were still some good ones left out there, seeing as how our own Howie is already taken!!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:57 PM   #3  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Thats a great story...You fall in love with a person, not their body size. You allowed him to overcome his stereotypes of fat people.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:03 PM   #4  
Downsizing Dee!

What a wonderful story! Ahhh...the power of love.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

That is a great story. I'm really impressed that he wasn't so shallow to let your exterior get in the way of everything he already knew and loved about you.
I don't know if you saw this post or not
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63575. That guy could definitely take a few pointers from your man.

As for mine. He also would support me through the thick and thin (pun intended.) He tells me all the time that I'm beautiful. We met with me weighing about what I do now without my belly apron of course. He supports me in losing weight but would also support me if I weighed 400 pounds. It sounds like you've got a keeper.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:18 PM   #6  
a new year... a new me

awwwww. that is so sweet!!
shedilbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I wish you much happiness together!! Awww romance....*sigh*
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:50 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

That is a very sweet story.

I met hubby at work and I was about 175 then, so weight was not an issue. He married me at 215 and now look at me. He loves me just as much as the day we married. We have an awsome relationship and a healthy sex life. I believe I lucked out.

I do know that he worries about my health and for that I feel bad.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:15 PM   #9  
Green Tea Goddess

Awww thanks so much for reading my story. It was a lot longer than I was hoping it would be. I'm glad you all let me share. I'm happy for those of you that have supportive partners and thanks Dawnyal for the link. I'm going to read it now.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:56 PM   #10  
Crazy Canuck

What a lovely story. Thanks so much for sharing with us and congratulations on being proof positive that true love will always find its way.

P.S. - When's the wedding?
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:00 PM   #11  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

That is sooo beautiful and now I'm all teary-eyed. AWWWW!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:25 PM   #12  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

What a great story. He sure sounds like a keeper.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:21 PM   #13  
Tenacious

That is a wonderful story! I wish you both all the best!
DeterminedInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:56 PM   #14  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

I love that story! Thanks for sharing it, Sarah. He sounds like a great guy, and I'm really happy for you.

I don't really have a story about my partner being supportive -- she just is. When we got together, we were both a LOT thinner, so we've gone through it together. Love is such a gift, isn't it?
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:23 AM   #15  
Green Tea Goddess

To Jill ( I'm pretty positive that's your name but correct me if I'm wrong. I'm so bad with names. ) - You asked about the wedding date. I'm leaving the last day of February next year for Uruguay and I'll be there with him till May 1st when we both fly back to the US together. The wedding date isn't set in stone. It's going to be in one of those two months. It's just going to be a private ceremony to make it legal. We're holding it on the beach at midnight. That's all we know so far. I'm willing to bet we end up marrying on Monday, March 27th because 27 is our lucky number. We were both born on a 27 and we got engaged on a 27. This wedding is top secret. Actually, all of you and a couple more of my friends are the only ones that know. When we get back, we're going to be holding a huge party in Chicago for my family and the friends that don't know where we surprise everyone with the news! We're probably going to wait about 6 months to surprise everyone with the party because it's going to take SO much planning and we're going to need our "alone" time for a while.

To everyone else, thanks for taking the time to let me share my happiness with you. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.