Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 03:29 PM   #1  
A Work In Progress

Default Need a very serious buddy (or buddies) for every day support 150+ to lose!

Oh gosh, where do I start? I have been coming and lurking at this site FOREVER! In that time, I have lost a few pounds and gained a few pounds but could never stick to it for long. I am in serious search of someone with about the same amount to lose so that we can encourage and challenge each other along the way. If you have alot less to lose, then I would still love to hear from you. I am at rock bottom and I need to start going up! Please help me and I will try my best to help you. I dont know how much more of this lifestyle I can take.

Hope to hear from many of you soon!

Tracy

Last edited by robntracy; 08-22-2005 at 03:32 PM. Reason: weight tracker not accurate
Old 08-22-2005, 03:36 PM   #2  

Hi Tracy Im Sheika You Sound Like Me I Am In The Same Situation As You I Have Lots Of Weight To Lose My Weight Has Take Over My Life And I Want My Life Back So I Feel Its Time I Lose Weight And Start Living Again My Weight Is Causing Problem With My Marriage And Its Not My Husband Its Me Because I Always Feel Like Hes Looking At Skinny Woman And Hes Not My Thats Whats In My Head So I Would Love To Be Your Buddy We Can Send Emaila And Chat I Hope To Hear From U Soon
Old 08-22-2005, 07:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/288/175

Hello there Tracy & Sheika,

I am happy to join in. I have 125 lbs to lose.
I , too, am looking for all the support I can get and give online as well as off.

What exercise program are you presently doing?
Old 08-22-2005, 07:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 341.4/341.4/210

Height: 5'7"

Hi
I'd like to keep up with you as well. I have lost 15 on WW and am determined this time to lose the weight that has been following me around since my teens (I'm 38). I would love to hear about any exercise program or tips you have - I'm lazy to the bone.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:46 PM   #5  

Hi Girls I also understand, I have been carring around a lot of extra me for around 10 years ,I have alway had to work at not putting on weight.I have a great Husband also and he loves me no matter how big I get but I dont like what I'v done to me.I could blame strees,long work hour being a wife ,mother and grandmother but i'ts realy me.
I need to lose weight so I dont feel so YUK all the time and so I can enjoy the things in life that are hard to do at my weight,So girls count me in. Girls let's get our life back.
start weight 235lb now(two week later)222lbgoal 129lb sorry girls that as colse as I can work out as in Australia we have not used lb since I was 8 years old.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:31 PM   #6  

hey, i would definitely like to help you out and get some help as well. i have a couple goals, but my overall goal is to lose 100 lbs. so, i would totally be up for some mutual support.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:48 AM   #7  

thats great now we have a little support group we can all help each other lose the xtra person we been carring along for some time now
Old 08-23-2005, 09:55 PM   #8  
A Work In Progress

Well, my post got lost, so I will say good night for now and start fresh tomorrow! I intend to PM each of you with my email address and I am so excited about your replies. We can do this!!!

Tracy
Old 08-24-2005, 06:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

I sent you a pm hope you got it, I need to lose loads, almost half my weight!
Old 08-24-2005, 08:45 AM   #10  

voodoo1 you are not alone in having to lose half of you,thats what I have to do as well.
Just think if we are this good at double our size we will be unstopable before we know it
Old 08-24-2005, 11:24 AM   #11  
28 Yr old Vixen to be...

S/C/G: 480/480/380

Height: 5'5"

just wanted to join in aall the fun too i think i have to loose the most here ...grumble grumble.. would be happy to join the en tourage
Old 08-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #12  

hey everyone one safiyah dont feel bad i have a lot to lose to once im finished i'll be done have lost an extra person mabe we can all exchange email address and send each other instant messages and emails so once all of you reach your goal and you will what are somethings you want to do and wear what are some of your after goal dreams you want to accomplish
Old 08-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #13  
A Work In Progress

Good afternoon girls!
I have been thinking and I think I am gonna give Weight Watchers a go. I tried the meetings a few months back and lost like 16 pounds in 3 weeks. It was a little too costly for me. I just cant see spending $50 a month to get weighed. I will just do it at home for free and come here for my accountablilty. So, long story short, I am going to dig out my WW materials and get to work at home.
Let's get motivated!! I was thinking that for those of us who want to, we can have weekly challenges. I have so many things I need to work on besides my eating. My water intake, exercise, eating at night, eating out....etc.
I pledge to be honest about my successes as well as my struggles. If I slip up, you will know. If i do great, you will know.
Once again, I am sooo excited to get to know all of you!!

Tracy

P.S.- My weight tracker is not correct I am now around 350
Old 08-24-2005, 04:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 298/288/175

Tracy: Sounds like a good idea.

Safiyah: Don't get discouraged. Take it one day at a time. I have 125lbs to lose. I will be around for a while. Never give up!

Everyone: We CAN do this!
Old 08-24-2005, 04:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 341.4/341.4/210

Height: 5'7"

Hi
I am doing WW. Agree with you about the cost. I reckon you are right about doing it at home and checking in here. I tried that years ago pre Internet, and didn't keep it up but I am sure that with the support you have here it will work out fine. I'm another double trouble - I need to lose half of my body weight. This forum is really good. I have never used the web this way - as a motivator- and it's great.
Good luck
E (Ireland)
Closed Thread