Old 08-24-2005, 11:36 AM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Cute Boyfriend Rushed to Hospital

I finished up my last class about 9:40PM last night and called The Cute Boyfriend (AB) on the way home. He was at the pub with our dance troupe. I told him that I was exhausted so I'd meet him at home. When he got home, I went to bed and fell asleep. He stayed up to surf and watch tv.

About 1am he came and and said his stomach hurt. AB's stomach often hurts or is upset because he tends to eat late and not the right things. I coddled him appropriately (for a girlfriend that has to be up by 6am) and told him to take some antacid.

He came back a few minutes later and said that it really hurt now so he decided to take some antacid (didn't I just tell him that?). He laid down but was uncomfortable so went downstairs again.

Then, he came up to tell me he was in horrible pain. I said, "Ok, get dressed. Let's go to the ER." I got up and got dressed and I could hear him moaning and groaning downstairs. He was in severe pain. He wouldn't let me put on shoes. When I got to the car I asked him which hospital was closest and he said to call an ambulance. I told him I could get him there faster. But my heart was starting to kick into overdrive.

As we drove, he said he couldn't breathe and that I should run stoplights. I squeezed his hand and it was terribly cold and clammy. It made me think he was not getting enough oxygen. I thought about losing it at this point but I decided that it could wait.

In the waiting room (where I put on my shoes), they made us fill out paperwork. He was in so much pain and you could see how scared he was. He asked if they knew he was dying in the waiting room. While I was filling out the paperwork I realized that I was shaking so hard that writing was difficult. Once I handed that back in, it took them about 5 minutes to get to AB.

They took bloodwork and an EKG, his health history and then had a doctor look at his EKG. Finally, they decided to put him in the Chest Pain Unit. Luckily, we live in California where they're a little more relaxed about non-married couple being together.

Frank and Joyce were our nurses. They made me sit outside the room (I think this is a good thing) and started him on Nitro tabs, oxygen and hooked him up to a heart monitor. Joyce was amazing. AB was diaphoretic, pale and just in a phenomenal about of pain. Joyce assessed that within 2 minutes and said, "Get the doctor here now." Yay, Joyce! When the doctor finally arrived, she told him, "Get into room 3 now." Dr. C checked his vitals, his EKG (which was beautiful) and ordered another EKG, an x-ray, an GI cocktail and morphine. After working with AB for awhile, he came out and made a few calls and then talked to me. He said that AB was not having a heart attack but they needed to figure out the problem.

After the morphine, the GI cocktail and a little girlfriend love, AB seemed much better. I thought about losing it again because it was a relief to see him not in so much pain, but I decided that it could wait. He was still having episodes but the pain killer was helping. Joyce came in and announced that they'd be keeping him overnight. AB and I decided that I should go home and call his office and try to get some sleep (HA!).

I left the hospital, called my mom (who is a RN). Lucky for me she is the best mom in the world (it was also 3am our time and 6am her time so she almost had a heart attack herself when she saw me calling so early). I also called his mom.

This morning, he's sleeping but apparently had another episode last night (followed by another GI cocktail and some morphine). He's going to see the cardiologist just for saftey sake and then I guess they're going to try to figure out what's going on with him.

Alrighty - I'm going back to the hospital. Thanks for the venting space.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:42 AM   #2  

Jessica! I'm so sorry. You're a strong girl, you know that, right? Here's hoping CBF is better soon.

*hug*
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:49 AM   #3  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

He is a lucky man to have such a loving support system behind him. Sorry to hear about these painful episodes. I will send a few up for you and the CBF. Keep us posted on how things go. Jenh-ai
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:02 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Sorry to hear about CBF - sending healing vibes down to him :
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:04 PM   #5  
Crazy Canuck

Ack, what a scary story, Goddess J! You're to be commended for holding off "losing it" so often and being exactly what CBF needed you to be when he needed you! How horrible for him to be in so much pain and not know what's causing it. Here's hoping it turns out to be something that can be easily and quickly taken care of. I know we're not your absolute first priority right now, but please update us when you can.

P.S. ~ Don't forget to take care of yourself, too!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:10 PM   #6  
Downsizing Dee!

Gee that sounds very scary for you. Sounds like you're very good in high stress situations. Your BF is very lucky that you were there.

I'll be thinking about you. Please let us know when you get some news.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:15 PM   #7  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

That is so scary! I hope they find out what is going on soon. Are they thinking it is heart related still or are they investigating other causes?
Take Care!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

GJ that definitely is very scary. I'm glad to hear they are trying to get to the bottom of the problem and not just shucking it off as something minor.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:50 PM   #9  
One pound at a time...

Goddess, my best thought to you and CB!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:11 PM   #10  
Jennifer

Oh, Jess, I'm so sorry to hear this. He's a lucky guy -- you are obviously the best CGF/N (Cute Girl Friend/Nurse) ever.

Just know that you and he in our thoughts. Here's to its being something painful in the short-term but ultimately unserious...

We're here for you!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:18 PM   #11  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hope everything is all right. You will be in our prayers.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Geez that is really scary! I hope they find out what wrong soon! I'll say a prayer.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:34 PM   #13  

OMG! Jessica, how utterly frightening that must have been for both of you! Please, please let us know what is going on as soon as you hear anything. My thoughts are with you both.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:38 PM   #14  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Oh, those late-night ER runs are no fun! Thinking of you and CBF.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:40 PM   #15  

Jessica,

That's insane. I'm glad they somewhat got it under control. I was lucky, a fluke suspicion by my dermatologist, enabled the doctors to catch my heart problems just mere weeks before something disastrous could have happened. Please keep us updated on the progress. It’s a scary place to be, sometimes I prefer being the one these things happen to, because I do not like being the observer/loved one, there is an overwhelming sense of helplessness. We are thinking of you!

p
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote