Old 08-24-2005, 05:03 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #112

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:10 AM   #2  

Good morning gals. Thought I would start a new thread for you before I left so you have lots of space! I had a rough night last night and gave up around 3 AM. I will just go to bed extra early as we have to get up at 3AM to go to the airport! I can't believe we actually get to leave tomorrow. It seems like forever since we started planning this whole thing in January!

I just hope the weather holds out for us to get out of here tomorrow. They keep talking about thunderstorms, but they keep passing us by or we only get a sprinkle of two. As long as we can get to Atlanta, then if we get delayed it is ok as we have no more connections we have to make and we aren't going to see family or something where we have to be somewhere at some specific time.

Not much else to talk about so I am going to go. I will be back here around Labor Day and am going to try and set up a link to pictures of the trip for everybody to see. Take care, stay OP and exercise that fat off!

I AM GONE TO SIN CITY!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #3  
It is what it is...

Default Bump

Afternoon all ... it has been so nice here weather wise for the last few days, nice and cool, mid to high 70's and so nice in the evening... I have got two 4 pointers the last two days because I have been out walking and enjoying the Fall like temps... but alas the weatherman says it is not going to last I guess we still do have 3 1/2 more weeks of summer or so ...

But I am very pleased with myself, since I have been exercising and staying OP ... and it is paying off in weight loss so I am happy. No Weds woe for me today!

Faye - And I KNOW there is no Weds woe for you, hon. I know you are so excited about leaving... I guess I didn't pay attention but I had no idea that you were going to be gone until Labor Day ... wow, what a couple of weeks?
Enjoy ... I know you will have so much fun ...eat what you want and then come back here renewed and ready to get some serious weight off!! I know you will ...

Where is everyone the last couple of days? Hope you are all doing well.
Catch ya later!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:36 PM   #4  

On the run, but thought I would check in to wish Faye a great time. The rest of us will have to step it up a bit while she is gone. I have been Op the last couple of days, too, so am starting to feel better after vacation slip. Have a great day - talk to you all tomorrow.
Marsha
mejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:42 PM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I am happy to report 4 point days for both Mon and Tues! I ran again on the treadmill yesterday - I told myself I would try 5 minutes and I did manage it, but boy was it tough and I never knew 5 minutes could last that long! I then walked and then ran again for 2 mins. You would not believe how achy I am today - my hip has completely seized up and I have been limping all day! Oh well - I'm not back at the gym now until Monday so 5 days rest should do me good.

I am away till Monday so it will sure be quiet round here - Marsha, Carri and both Susan's -try to keep things going!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:26 PM   #6  

Have a great trip, Faye - hope you win a lot!

Had 4 point days Monday and Tuesday and so far for today. Still have to get through Dinner and the Evening.

Only 81 degrees so I can actually walk outside for a few days.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:26 AM   #7  

Hi all--
Gotta keep this thread on the first page....

Not much going on here other than massive amounts of writing and editing. Big deadline coming up next Wed. I'm pretty stressed out, but trying not to eat through it. I need to take a walk bigtime!

Faye, I know you won't see this, but I hope you have a great trip!

Amanda, you probably won't see this either--but with the running, you don't have to go a full 5 minutes to get great benefits. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a concept where you walk for a few minutes, then all out run for 30 seconds or so, then walk, then run....the idea is that every few minutes you spike your heartrate. You want to aim for running one to three minutes and walk maybe one minute...there's lots on the web and on this site about it. Just thought I'd mention it. Whenever I used to run for more than a minute my knees swelled up like balloons the next day. Even though I had no problems while I was running.

Everyone have a great day...gotta run! Well, not literally

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:29 PM   #8  
It is what it is...

Default Bump

Hi all ... It is going to be pretty quiet around here without Faye and Amanda, huh?? I know Faye is having a great time.
I had another OP day yesterday, got 3 points, gave myself a day off from exercising, going to do some kind of exercise today. Even though I am not motivated today for some reason, feeling pretty lazy

Never thought I would see the day where a Lean Cuisine meal would make me full ... but I guess from not eating alot for a while my stomach has gotten smaller, I get full so easy now... and so cold in the evenings, probably not eating enough!

Well hello to all and have a great day, Stay OP!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 11:30 AM   #9  
It is what it is...

geez people, Faye goes away and we all scatter and disappear??

Just wanted to pop in and say "hi" hope you are all doing well !!! If I do not make it back in have a great weekend!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 02:23 PM   #10  
2006 - Panda Remix

Guess who?

Thought I would suprise you by popping in - the truth is I am sooooooooo bored at my parents that I've sneaked away for some time on the net! It's day 3 of not going to the gym and I am definately feeling a drop in my mood - or maybe that's just the effect of staying with my parents!

I went for a walk in the woods with my sister and her kids, so that was some exercise and tomorrow we will walk down to the sea front, so at least I'm getting some activity - although it's nothing compared to how hot and sweaty I get at the gym.

I weighed myself this morning on the scales in my parents bathroom and I've lost more weight......yay! I won't change my tracker until I verify it on my scales, but they are actually exactly the same scales - the only difference is they have a tiled floor and mine is carpeted. I've heard it's better to weigh on a hard floor anyway, so I'm hoping their reading of 222lbs is correct!

My dad and sister noticed I had lost weight, but my mum and other sister haven't said a word - but I kind of knew that would probably happen so I was prepared for it. It just reaffirms to me that I am doing this for myself and not to please anyone else - it's my own personal journey for my benefit.

JULIE - Thanks for the advice about the Interval training - I guess that is what I am trying to do - run, walk, run, walk - at the moment I need more than a minute to recover - it's more like about 4 or 5, but I'll get there in the end!

Hi to Carri, Marsha and Susan,

Love Amanda x
Old 08-26-2005, 05:52 PM   #11  

HI, guys. Friday evening here. Been really good with eating - hard getting in the walking, though. TOM again! I guess if it lasts three weeks, it doesn't matter. Thought I would get a little break.
Back to school big time on Monday. Should make the eating easier - at least during the day.
Glad that others are staying OP, too. NIce job on the loss, Amanda. Enjoy the visit with the relatives. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Marsha
Old 08-29-2005, 02:29 PM   #12  
2006 - Panda Remix

Here's getting us back on the front page!

Well I'm back from my travels and am glad to be home! Not much to report really - my scales did not show the loss that my parents did, but then I did have a welcome home pizza last night!

I've been to the gym and just did the cardio workout - I enjoyed it, but found it harder because of my 5 day break. Julie would be proud as I did more interval running - 2 mins, then rest, 2 mins, then rest, 2 mins then rest. I don't think I could have managed 5 mins straight today and I agree that the interval training is probably better - I just need to work on reducing my recovery time between runs as at the moment it takes me about 3-4 mins for my heart to stop pounding out of my chest!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend - it's a long weekend here, don't know if it is in the US?

Love Amanda x
Old 08-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #13  

Hi, all. Just a regular Monday here, Amanda. Our long weekend is next weekend.
Just heard Katrina is headed for Memphis - much reduced, but still winds over 80mph. Hope Faye's place is OK.

Got in to my room for the first time today - ugh!! I swear my stuff multiplied over the summer - so much easier to pack than to unpack! Also hard to eat right and get water in. Hopefully next week will be much better when real schedule starts.
Hello to Amanda, Carri, Susan, Julia, and Susan - and any one else I missed. Fingers crossed that Faye is winning and having a great time!
See you all tomorrow.
Marsha
Old 08-30-2005, 04:12 PM   #14  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 2 points yesterday - I'll do my own smilie!

I had a good workout at the gym today and there was a physio there giving free consultations so I took advantage of her advice as I could never afford to pay for their services!

Hope everyone is fine and not affected by the hurricane.

Love Amanda x
Old 08-31-2005, 02:43 PM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

Oh dear - where is everyone? Come on troops - don't desert just cause Faye is away!

I got 4 points yesterday -

I am feeling really positive about getting back on track with my eating - I really let things slide this month and I'm determined to have an excellent September. It's the first of the month tomorrow which means my monthly weigh and measure - I'll let you guys know how I've done. I'll also be posting my new monthly goal if anyone cares to join me.

Wherever you all are - hope you're having fun!

Love Amanda x