View Poll Results: What do you eat for breakfast??
Cereal - let us know what kind 7 77.78%
Eggs/egg beaters/egg whites 0 0%
Leftovers 0 0%
I don't! 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 10:00 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default It's Monday Morning... do you know where you are??

OK, no one is here yet. PLEASE OH PLEASE COME OUT AND POST. I get so lonely here...

I had WI on Saturday.... my 2 week loss was... 4 POUNDS! I got my 10% and 25 pound star. I was soooo excited. But the meeting was ROTTEN! Emma came with and threw up all over me. Her whole bottle. It was aweful. And everyone got all crabby about it. Like I could help it that she threw up. I held her into me so she didn't get any on the floor, so I was covered. It really sucked. Then I ran home and had to change really quickly because I was supposed to get to my class I was taking. Ughhh. But I lost!!

How is everyone else doing... please come out of lurkdom!!
Old 08-13-2001, 10:03 AM   #2  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Oops!

I posted a thread too, but I deleted mine.
I eat Special K red Berries cereal. It is super yummy!
I have to get to work, but I PROMISE to be back soon!
Old 08-13-2001, 10:10 AM   #3  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello girls. I am back from vacation!!! Had a great time.

Jen: Congrats on the loss. That is GREAT!!! and with fair food and all....sorry about emma. Hope she is better.

Hello Stacey. I love that cereal too.

Hello to eveyone else. I have not read last week so I will try to do that today.

Trish
Old 08-13-2001, 10:16 AM   #4  

Oh, I forgot to say, after Emma threw up... like an hour later, she was just fine. Her bottle must not have agreed with her! I was mighty emabarrased, especially since it was not my normal meeting (I went to the early one). I bet they were saying... that crazy lady brought her baby and she puked all over everything.

Trish... how was vacation????

Hey Stacey!!

I eat cereal most of the time... either Kashi, raisin bran, or oatmeal packet. Sometimes I eat either egg beaters or egg whites.
Old 08-13-2001, 10:39 AM   #5  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Woo Hoo!

Way to go Jen!!!
Welcome back Trish! Let us know how vacation went!
Belle: It's time for you to come back from vacation, too!!!
Getting back to work......
Old 08-13-2001, 10:41 AM   #6  

Hi everyone! Well I am back from a fun weekend in Western NY for DH's 10 year HS reunion. We had a really nice time hanging out with his friends. My flight was delayed 2 hrs getting there on Friday but I still made it to the party that night. We satyed with DH's friends from HS, very nice.(They have a cute little girl that DH loved playing with ) We didn't eat very well this weekend and for some reason I made a concsious decision that it was ok to do. I didn't really worry about it since I decided to do it. I also drank way too much on Saturday night but was not sick or hung over I got home yesterday and went out for Mexican with a friend. We split nachos (not the pike of chips kind that I like, rather the pre-made chips ) Anyway, ate lots of chips and flour tortillas but no margaritas - enough drinking for me Plus we have another wedding this weekend and I will drink again for that, though not nearly as much.

I could respond on the poll becasue my breakfast food was not listed. I eat an apple everyday in the car on the way to work. It is enough to settle my stomach since I need food in the morning and not too much so that I am hungry all day. If I eat a bg breakfast, I just want to keep eating. It has worked for me for about 2 years now.

Sorry I haven't been around as much. My work schedule changes so much during the week that I am not always on the internet. Only my Mondays and Wednesdays are set but I try to check in the other days that I can.

I have 2 doctors appointments tomorrow, podiatrist and arthritis. Not the most fun thing to do but I am working at home so at least I don't need to worry about the hours missed, I can make them up and fudge them a bit too

I went to WI last Thurs and gained .2. I am still within my 2 pounds limit but I want to get back to 160.

JenL - Congrats on your great loss. Sorry that Emma puked on you but at least she isn't sick.

Hi to the new people!!!!

Trish - Glad you enjoyed vacation. Tell us about it!

Stacey - HI!

Talk to you all later!

Sarah
Old 08-13-2001, 10:50 AM   #7  
Parrothead

Default Hi everyone!

I'm here today! I had a wedding in Fort Worth all weekend so that is why I was away. It was a really great time and I think I did OK for food. The rehearsal dinner was at this awesome mexican restaurant (joe t garcias) and I had a taco and half of an enchilada. I was bad with the margaritas, though. I think I had 2 small ones but it might have been three. They had pitchers of them at the table and they were very strong. Other than that I was good at the wedding, so I don't think i did too much damage. It was truly a beautiful wedding and reception.

As far as breakfast is concerned, I either eat a Luna bar (4 pts.) or an Owens breakfast taco for 3.5 pts. It just depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

I have decided not to take the other job. As miserable as I am in my current job, I need to stay for the money. With the high tech market crashing and burning this is probably the last time I'll make such a good salary and I can't really afford to give it up. I hate the fact that I am putting so much weight on the money, but since me and DH are still just starting out we really need it. I think once we are more settled and have a house and such I'll be able to work for less. I can't believe the market has changed so much in the past few years. Just 3 years ago I had 7 offers when I graduated and now theres nothing. Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll keep you all posted.

I hope you all had a great weekend! I'll post back soon.
Kay
Old 08-13-2001, 11:17 AM   #8  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default Estou de volta!

Hello Ladies! I'm back! Yippee!!! Have been in Galicia (Spain) for the last few days, at that conference I've been going on about for ages. It was fab! I got back last night, SO knackered, we had almost no sleep the whole time, you know how in Spain they eat dinner at about 11pm? And then we always had to get up for conference stuff in the mornings ... But they looked after us soooooo well, suuuuuuuch good food, I ate sooooooooooooo much of it Actually, no, that should be because it was so very yummy - lots of ultra-fresh seafood, local wines and cheeses and hams ... The paper went really well, we had a computer disaster the night before and lost our whole text so we improvised (we were presenting the book we translated that was published earlier this year) - and made it like a reading, half in Galician and half in English. I'm a frustrated actress, so I performed my part like a monologue and they loved it - I got in the local paper! Photo and all! So now I'm a star in a little corner of northern Spain

Needless to say, I have not exactly been OP these last weeks, but I am checking in at WI tomorrow to find out the damage. I am all motivated again because everyone at the conference (I've been the last 4 years, so they know me well) was AMAZED by my weight loss, which was jsut what I needed - I guess I've been so demotivated lately, I'd kind of forgotten how far I've come. Of course, all the old ladies from the town were fussing because they think I should stop losing now, but I just smiled sweetly and let them cluck

It doesn't stop there though - on the spur of the moment this morning, Blokey and I went to the travel agents and bought a holiday! We are goingt o Rhodes (Greek Island) for a week, leaving on Wednesday. Really! We used the money I got for going to the conference, so it wasn't as extravagant as it sounds. I'm so excited! I've even bought my first bikini (since I was about 6, anyway). It's turquoise with full bottoms (for a full bottom!) and a skinny little top. YIPPEE!!

Anyway, enough wittering - I read through all the posts I missed (not that many though, you must all be out enjoying the sun?!), Jen, YAY!!! on the loss. 25lbs down!!! WOO HOO!!! Makes up for the puke shower ... poor Emma. I met my friend's baby, Laura, for the first time in Spain. She's 8 months and has 2 teeth right in the middle at the front, so she looks like a funny little old man. Aw! Is Emma AOK now though?

Hi Stacey, Sarah, Kay, Trish and everyone else about to post ... Back later (and I promise not to go on about my holidays! )

hugs,
Lxxx
Old 08-13-2001, 11:37 AM   #9  

Lolly.. Emma has two little teeth on her bottom front. It is soooo cute! And yes, she is fine. She was OK and hour later, so it must have either been gas or her bottle didn't agree with her! She stayed home with dad all day and played while I took my class... when I called to check on them, they were gone, so I knew she must be better!
Old 08-13-2001, 12:05 PM   #10  
Proud Mama

Hey ya'll! The weekend was tough eating wise (how DOES one gain 1 1/2 pounds in 2 days? ) Anyway, will try to make up for it the rest of the week. We went to NJ to visit friends and family. Had a nice time, but too many bar-b-ques!

Must have been the weekend for puke. As we were sitting in traffic on the George Washington Bridge (for those of you that are not familiar, there are NO shoulders on the road, NO place to pull-off, NO rest areas, NO fast-food restaurants, just a big urban mess.) Ben puked all over himself, his car seat, and the truck. YUCK. And he eats real food too. It took us almost an hour to find a place to stop to get him & the car cleaned up. I don't know what the problem was because he seemed fine moments later. I, on the other hand, am traumatized for life!

So Jen, I sympathize! Congratulations on your big loss and your 10% wooohoooo!

Lolly, glad your conference was good and yippee on the holiday! I'd love to get away... Time to buckle down to weight-watchers business now huh?

Kay, sometimes the money IS important. I hope that one day soon you will be able to do something that you enjoy more. Just remember it's only temporary, and don't get yourself into a situation where you spend so much that you will have to depend on your salary indefinitely.

Sarah, your weekend sounded like fun.

Breakfast varies for me... sometimes oatmeal, sometimes cottage cheese & fruit, sometimes melon, sometimes and english muffin, and sometimes eggs/egg beaters (weekends). I like variety. Usually I pack my breakfast to go and eat it at my desk in the morning... generally I pack 2 courses (like a pkg of oatmeal and a cup of fruit) and eat it in 2 stages... one at 8am, and one at about 10:30 or so.

Better get back to work. The August 15 deadline I have is kicking my butt!
Old 08-13-2001, 12:13 PM   #11  

Janet... Emma was the same way. Someone held her while I weighed and she was laughing and giggling and talking... then 15 minutes into the meeting.... bluchhhhhh. It was weird. She did this little cough... then again.... then she let it all out. I had no where to go. The bathroom had this paper toweling that was like cardboard, so that didn't help. So we just sat in the puke until I got my awards, then we boogied home!
Old 08-13-2001, 12:25 PM   #12  
Scotland's finest export

Default hello!!

hi everyone,
just a quickie cos i'm snowed under a work. ooh, emmasmum - weathergirl says hi.
lolly - hooray on fab conference and double hooray on going to rhodes! if you are touring the island (which i'd recommend cos rhodes city is a bit built up) then go to haraki bay cos it is lovely and agathi beach (just over the ruined castle!) was the best beach we found. i should lend you my travel guides.
welcome back trish - glad you had a good vacation - tell us more!
jen - hooray on the 10%, and sorry about emma puking. yuck!
janet - i can put on 1.5 pounds in a day! easily!!
kay - margaritas and mexican food. yum. the two of us have to get together for an evening out sometime!!
sarah - sounds like you had a good weekend, hope your appointments go ok tomorrow.
stacey - i love special k red berries too. but i love all cereals and i like to mix and match them (in the one bowl!).
right, better get back to the grindstone here. hello to anyone i missed/about to post.
love kirsty
ps weather people wrote to me today to say i was on a course starting 3rd sept. had to phone them up and say i can't do that because they haven't yet sent me my proper contract and so i have not resigned from my current job yet (and in the UK you need to work a month's notice, for my job i'm meant to work 3 but that can usually be brought down nearer to 1 or 2 months). i hadn't resigned cos they told me not to do it till i got the proper contract through! sheesh!! too many departments not knowing what the others are doing!! so basically i prob won't start my weather girl training till the next course starts which will be in the new year. but that's ok by me. it means my free cruise doesn't get in the way of my training! and it means i can move house end of oct and not do a million things at once! unfortunately i'll be living and working with BF for a couple of months. and then when i do start my training i'll be based at the met college so i'll only see BF at weekends (but still pay rent! luckily the met college put me up for free but it'll be crappy little student room so i'll def want to go home at weekends!).
Old 08-13-2001, 01:55 PM   #13  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, vacation was uneventful. I sat on a beach in South Carolina for a week. It was very wonderful and I was very careful not to get sunburned (I do very easily. But this year I was ok). The only bump was that I fell getting onto the plane on the way home. IT was one of those comuter jobs that you have to go outside to get on and I fell on my side really hard. Anyway, I am fine but since I am PG I had to go to the emergency room. They said everything was fine so I took a cab back to the airport and had to get on a later flight. Worked out well because it turned out the flight I was to be on had to emergency land due to fire in the cockpit. AHHH! That would have freaked me out more than the fall so I guess it really was a blessing. Anyway, I go to the dr this week so I will mention the fall to him just in case but I don't think it is a problem.

I did not do that great on food on vacation. I ate way too much snack food. I am scared to get on the scale at the dr office. It won't be pretty. Oh and I met a very nice woman who was pg and about as far along as I am (I am 20 weeks she was 22 weeks) anyway, she was so thin with this belly. And she wore a two piece suit. Oh, did I mention she is an arobic instructor. AHHH. I felt huge next to her.

I don't have time to post to eveyone but I will try to get back and do that.

Hope you all are having a happy day.

Trish

Last edited by Trish O; 08-13-2001 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-13-2001, 02:01 PM   #14  

Trish... you definately fell for a reason! Someone was looking out for you! Glad you are OK! Sadie tripped me when I was about 25 or so weeks and I went down. Hubby freaked out and the poor dog thought she was going to die! Thank God there is lots of protection in the womb!!!

Well, can you tell I am procrastinating at work! We went to YMCA to check it out and are going to join. They have a baby swim class and registration is this weekend, so we have to hurry and join. We work 5 blocks from it, so hubby and I are going to walk there a couple times a week and use weights and stuff! Our offices will be moving in 1-2 years because we are out of room, so I need to do this while I can!
Old 08-13-2001, 02:55 PM   #15  
A Yankee in Virginia

Quick hi ... working on a murder story ...

For breakfast, I usually eat Honeynut Cheerios, or yogurt, strawberries and low-fate granola, or a Nutrigrain bar.

Trish: Glad you're OK! It really sounds like something was keeping you from getting on that plane!

Jen: Sorry about the puke incident. I bet it livened things up, though. And congrats on the loss!

I've been in my I-should-be-able-to-eat-whatever-I-want mood, so I haven't been counting points at all. I realized today how stupid I'm being and I've been counting today. What's that one saying? Don't trade what you want at the moment for what you want the most? I have to keep remembering that, and STOP eating!

Weekend was OK. Saturday, I helped b/f move the rest of his stuff here (he had some stuff stored in his old apartment in Charlottesville), and that exhausted us so we took a nap. Later that evening, we went to see Planet of the Apes. Not bad, but I had a killer headache through it. Sunday, b/f worked as usual, so I went to a play with a friend. If anyone has a chance to see the musical revue "I love you, you're perfect, now change!" GO SEE IT! It is hilarious!

Gotta run.
Closed Thread