Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2001, 08:11 PM   #1  

Hi Everyone Welcome to all the new members... I can't keep track! I hope you all get settled in comfortably here...we are all very supportive of one another. I'm still sort of sick but sooo much better than over the weekend. I'm thinking of quitting my job and going back to school fulltime to finish my MBA...I had a nice break from school this past 6 months or so but now I'd kind of like to finish up... I'm not all that sure about it tho. Anyways Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Hope you're all having a good day.

------------------
~Shalyne
230/203/150
Old 02-13-2001, 08:38 PM   #2  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday! Welcome to all the newbies - Casey Marie, Tammie, Lola - come and post often, you'll find some wonderful people here!

Speaking of which ... Hey! to Ali, Tonya, Trish, Jen, Sarah, Shalyne, Heather, Kay, Julie, Kim, Brenda and Kirsty. Hope you're feeling better, Kirsty and Shalyne. I had a sick blokey at home all day yesterday so there's obviously something icky going round. Where's Emily? And Stacey? Hope you're not sick too, guys! Sarah -thinking of you at the moment. Sounds like your family are all pulling together, that must help so much.

Anyway, this is only quick, just to let you all know I'm still alive. I had WI this morning and stayed the same, which is fine by me. I also went jogging this morning, first day of a program that might just get me running for half an hour in 6 weeks' time. My aim is to run a 5k - so half an hour is about right. I feel good now!

Be good, and I'll try and pop back later,
love
Lolly
xxx

------------------
257SW- 214CW - 207 (2nd 10%)
Old 02-13-2001, 08:58 PM   #3  
Crime Fighter

Hi there gang!

Went to WI last night -- up 1 lb. But that's okay... I think I mentioned that maintenance has been a roller coaster:
  • Week 1 -- +2.5
  • Week 2 -- -3.5
  • Week 3 -- +4.5
  • Week 4 -- -8

So you can see why a gain of 1 is great! I think that it takes more than 4 weeks to figure out how many points + how much exercise = stay the same. This week is going to be a killer though -- I have three restaurant meals and a dinner party !
I guess I'll have to bank a lot!

As for drinking, I've found that I've cut down radically . It's a a double whammy... not only do the points get me, but it brings on quite an appetite. I'll only drink very occasionally. It helps to be the designated driver when I go out, that way people understand.

Anyway, have a great day ladies!

L.
Old 02-13-2001, 09:05 PM   #4  

Good morning ladies!

Shalyne ~ Kudos for you for thinking about going back to school. I am planning on starting my master's program next spring. Lots of work, but, I will be happy to have another degree under my belt!

Hi Lolly! Nice to see you!

Brenda ~ I read your post from yesterday, and you are right. I am at a good weight, and I keep telling myself that I should maintain where I am at and just work on toning and in better physical shape. It is hard to let go of losing weight/seeing the number on the scale. I have been in a weight loss mode for almost 2 years, I need to rethink my plan. You are right though, 134 is very comfortable for me and thin enough, especially being 5'7" tall. I will continue to monitor my weight, but try to strive for a toned body now.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great day. My guests are still in town, and planning on leaving Thursday night. I have so enjoyed having them around, they really are our best friends. We are planning on visiting them this fall in TN. Since they have been in town, my exercise regime has fallen to the wayside, but plan on hitting it again on Friday.

DH is buying a new (well 1998) SUV this week, we are trading in our car. He is excited. Our DD has her Kindergarten Valentine's Day program at school tonight, and I had to register her for school this morning for next fall. I swear if I didn't have a palm pilot or my calendar on my computer, I would have no idea where I am suppose to be!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//dizzy.gif

Well, I better get back to work, lots of stuff to do today before I leave early and go clean my house!

Check in later....

------------------
Tonya
170/134/140(WW)/132(personal)
Old 02-13-2001, 09:05 PM   #5  
Parrothead

Good morning all! Welcome Casey! It's great to see another joining the board. This is a great place to get support.

Shalyne ~
I'm actually thinking about going back to school myself! Since Austin is a great town for Universities (Texas, St. Edwards, Concordia...)I don't want to miss any opportunities. I want to get my masters in management information systems and then try teaching at the undergraduate level. I don't think there are enough women going into the technology fields because there are very few women mentors in all of the university programs. I can't tell you how many meetings I have had to deal with were I was the only woman! And to top that off, it seems as if the women in technical roles have to explain themselves twice over before anyone will trust their ideas. I just want to try leveling the playing field from the educational angle .

Breanda ~ I read on your bio that you sell PartyLite candles. I love those candles! Do you do orders? I haven't found a rep in my area yet. Just let me know....

Thanks for all the advice on drinking. I guess I'll just have to cut back some .

OK, as I was driving home from work last night I had an idea. What do ya'll think about a daily POLL? This might have been done, but with all of the newbies it could be a good way for us to get to know one another. I thought a funny start would be "What was the silliest/clutziest thing that you've done?"

I have so many because I have never been the most graceful person. Most of my incedents involve falling down (I'm talking spread eagle) or burning myself while cooking. But, my all time best happened just a few months ago. I ran into a wall in the middle of the night on my way to the restroom and almost broke my nose. I totally overestimated the distance of the plaster wall and ran smack into it with a really loud thud. The kicker is that this happened on the honeymoon! Only I would bruise my nose on the most romantic trip of my life .

So...what are your moments? We won't laugh at you, we'll laugh with you.

Have a great day all!
Kay

------------------
kay
164/144/135
Old 02-13-2001, 10:14 PM   #6  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, my computer keeps going down, so I hope this gets in.

Well, I was on program yestrday. That is one more star for me. I really hope I can keep this up so that the depresion weight comes off fast.

Sarah: I was thinking about you and your families loss. I know you feel bad about the eating right now, but sometimes I think we really do need a little comfort food and it is too much to do all the WW things and help the family etc. Don't beat yourself up...but play it by ear and you will know when the time is right to start back up again.

Shalyne: How do you like your MBA program? Where are you going? I have toyed withthe idea of an MBA, but I think I may stick to communication graduate study. Get well soon.

Lolly: do share your running program. I am looking for something new to do cardio wise. But I have no idea how to start. Good job on getting out there.

Lola: I have always heard maintaince wa shard. Let me know if you figure it out. Having been there many times I have obviously not figured it out (I always regain and have to start out again).

Tonya, I think we were posting at the same time yesterday. I wish you luck on reshifting your mode from weight loss to maintain. You have done great and look great in your photos. We are here to help!

Kay: your poll idea sounds like fun. The only thing I can think of is one time at a business conference I fell down the stairs. It was a little embarresing. I fell right by a table of old people. I think they were afraid I broke a hip or something. But I was fine.

Well, I am off to work. I have the VCR to tape oprah today (day 3 of Dr. Phil show on weight loss).

talk with you soon

Trish
193.2/188.6/155?
Old 02-13-2001, 10:39 PM   #7  
Fed Up With Fat!!

I'm here. I was tied up in a closing most of yesterday. It's really busy today, too!
I just wanted to tell everyone hello and welcome to everyone new! That's great!
WI is tonight, so keep everything crossed!
Have a great day if I can't get back this afternoon.

------------------
Stacey
235.7/185/160
Old 02-13-2001, 10:57 PM   #8  

Hello again Well I am definitely bored now LOL. Almost time for lunch tho so that's pretty cool...fast food I think...not very good of me, I do realize that! Ahh well. I'm doing my MBA at New Hampshire College... it's actually the reason I came up here. Their program is pretty cool and well I liked the area a lot too. It's just a general MBA but I will probably get a certificate to go with it as well, just to have a focus in one particular area. Originally I was going to do International Business b/c my undergrad major was International Relations, but now I'm thinking more along the lines of their computer certificate. Not sure yet. Okies, well off to lunch

------------------
~Shalyne
230/203/150
Old 02-13-2001, 11:33 PM   #9  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello girls. Just had to post and tell someone. I just got tickets for hubby and me for the Oprah show. We are very close to Chicago, so I was open as to the date. We are going on Feb 26th. Hubby and I go up Sunday night as we have to be at the show like at 7am. So excited. I have gotten very sappy lately and really into Oprah.

Ok, hello Stacy. See you all soon

Trish
Old 02-13-2001, 11:38 PM   #10  
Go Avalanche!!

Good Morning! I was about 20 minutes away from leaving for work when my puppy decided to throw up http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//crying.gif DH had to take him to the vet last night b/c he has a cracked nail and he needed his next set of shots anyway. They only gave him one of the two shots b/c he had that allergic reaction to the last ones. I was really worried, so I called the emergency line where the girl was kind of snippy with me. She said if his breathing was OK I could wait to take him into my vet at 8 am. I decided to catch a few more winks and Nes slept too. When I got up he was acting normally, even wanting to play. I called my vet and they said he should be OK. I still took him to my MIL/FIL’s so they could watch him for the day. I don’t know what I would do without them! I stayed OP yesterday! I have already succumbed to the potato chips out in our kitchen. Lunch is being provided again today and it’s fajita’s. I’m hoping there’s chicken so I can eat with everyone. I have WI tonight but I won’t be able to stay for the meeting b/c I need to go get the dog. I was really looking forward to it too. I think I’ve lost but I’m kind of nervous!

Shalyne: It sounds like a lot of us have the same goal in mind. I want to go back to school for an Elementary Education degree. I may never need to use it with my PartyLite business, but it’s become a personal goal. I say go for it!

Lolly: Good job maintaining! I have so much admiration for those of you who run!

Lola: Wow, that is quite a variance. You’d think they would make maintenance longer you know? With all your dinners this week bank and exercise more than normal! You can do it

Tonya: I’m thinking if you do concentrate on toning, you are going to end up with the results you want. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat! I have such admiration for you. Have fun with the new vehicle.

Kay: Of course you can order from me! I’ll send you an e-mail with details & such! I do miss just being able to go out and drink when I want. I have a weakness for Margarita’s and it’s very seldom I allow myself one. Same with Kirsty’s and I’s favorite: LIIT (Long Island Ice Teas). I still manage as hard as it is *pout pout* Your story about being a clutz really hit home with me. My DH calls it ‘having a Brenda’ It’s not really that I’m clumsy, it’s just that I get going too fast or am not paying attention to what I’m doing. I had one on my honeymoon too! We took a cruise to Cancun (didn’t get to stop b/c of the weather), Cozumel and Roatan, Honduras. In Cozumel we went to the beach for a day and took one of the kayaks out in the water. The wind got really strong and we were fighting to get it back into shore. Well, we managed to tip the stupid thing over. Not a big deal accept for the fact that it smacked me on the head! Then I had trouble getting back on the stupid thing! *sigh* All of my little incidents have become a joke, but at least we CAN joke about it!

Trish: You are a star! Keep it up.

Have a wonderful day!! Wish me luck at WI *crosses fingers and toes*

------------------
Brenda
198.4/162.4/135(WW)/130(Personal) (5'4")

When life gives you mud, make mud pies!!

Feb 27 WI goal: 155 !!
Old 02-14-2001, 12:06 AM   #11  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hi all!

Just wanted to let you know that I was here. I have been lurking off and on the last few days.
I just hav'nt had time to post.

I gained 2 pds this last week. my own fault...to many "cheats". I am back on track with a new sticker chart. Been OP the last two days.

Hi to all and I will try to chat soon!

Emily
Old 02-14-2001, 12:51 AM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls! Iam here, very busy at new job - will write from home when I can....don't know when I'll WI!!!

Belle
Old 02-14-2001, 12:56 AM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi all!

My home scale this morning said 2 lbs. down and I hope that means I'll get to my 10 percent tomorrow at WI! It seems like it's taking me forever to get these first 20 lbs. off. I try not to think about the fact I still have more than 50 more to go. That's just too depressing.

Kay: A clutzy moment? I had one about two years ago, at a wedding. I was already nursing a bad knee that I injured playing soccer. I used to play in a city women's league. About a month later, I was in a friend's wedding and wearing some brand new high-heeled sandals. The wedding was outside, and during the reception, I stepped in a hole and my knee gave out of me. My b/f had to bring me a chair to sit on because I couldn't move. So there I was, in the middle of this wedding reception, sitting on a chair in the middle of the lawn drinking a glass of water. The photographer took a picture of me, too, looking pained and with sweat dripping down my face! Turned out later that I pretty much annihilated my ACL and had to have surgery a few months later. Talk about a weird story. I tell most people I hurt my knee *just* playing soccer!

Brenda: That puppy is sure keeping you busy! And oh, margaritas. I love margaritas. I had one Saturday night, in fact. I think one of those huge ones can be at least 6 points, maybe more, on its own, though!

Well, I better get back to work. Hope everyone's having a good day! I seem to be feeling a little better today!

------------------
Kim
206.8/188.6/130
Valentine's goal: 186.8 (my 10 percent)
"I'm not there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!" -Anon.

[This message has been edited by kimobi (edited 02-13-2001).]
Old 02-14-2001, 01:29 AM   #14  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey everyone...real quick.
Trish: When will the show "air"? That is so super cool!!!
I just got a dozen roses delivered to my office. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif Yes, they are from my honey.
hee hee
I must get back.

------------------
Stacey
235.7/185/160
Old 02-14-2001, 02:24 AM   #15  
Crime Fighter

Kimobi your post brought back terrible memories!!! I too suffer from BAD knees. The last time mine went out was on the dance floor of a wedding reception... I had to be hussled out of there quick! Luckily, not too much of a scene was made, but man, was it painful.
So I guess I'm pretty klutzy too!

[This message has been edited by Lolabooey (edited 02-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lolabooey (edited 02-13-2001).]
Closed Thread