Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:03 AM   #1  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Default Thinkin' 'bout Thursday

Lol. Sorry guys...I suck at coming up with these titles.

HAPPY THURSDAY!!!

Good news: tomorrow's Friday! Lol.

Where are you sistas this morning anyway? Sleeping in? Hmmm? Lol. Just kidding. I imagine we're all starting to get busy.

I have to go study for the GRE (re-taking it this Saturday), but I wanted to say that my first day back was marvelous! My fifty students are pretty decent, but my first class didn't get the jokes. Lol. My second class did, so that's okay. I think it's because I didn't deliver them the right way in my first class because I was so nervous. And I also took a class last night, which I think is going to be so much fun. It's History of the English Language, and I already adore linguistics, so this'll be great. I haven't actually ever taken a linguistics course before...learning all this stuff from scratch. Last night we were assigned some homework for the week: transcribe English words into their phonetic equivalents. Lmao. I finished mine in a couple of hours. If the rest of the class goes like this, I should be pretty well set as far as the work load goes. The only strange part of the course is that it's a mix of graduate as well as undergraduate students. The undergrads were dismissed early so that the grad students to could a more seminar-like lecture, which I absolutely appreciated.

Well, I'm wasting time. I have to go shower (worked out with my personal trainer this morning and my arms are DYING, lol), and then I'm meeting up with my friend to study for our exam on Saturday. I'll have to miss WI, too, which sucks. But...I guess I just get one more week to try to get myself down to 199. Lol.

Have a great Thursday ladies!
~Amanda

P.S. Thanks so much to all of you for wishing me luck yesterday!! I read your messages before I taught, so it really made me feel great. Y'all are the banana's peel!
Old 08-18-2005, 10:33 AM   #2  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Cool

I'm here!!!

I have a pretty busy day planned. Last night I slept so good, it was raining!
I love to sleep to the rain.
I woke up on time this morning, made my breakfast to bring along to work and here I am working hard! LOL
I usually eat my breakfast at work everyday because I used to be a fast food breakfast junkie, so this keeps me on track.

I have a huge meeting at 10:15 today, not looking forward to it if it resembles the "mini" meeting we had yesterday afternoon.

Lori is making me lunch today! YUM!

So, yeah- I have this work dinner tonight. I went online and found the menu so I could prepare ahead of time. It's going to be tough, but I think it will be okay too. Yeah, I know, I'm just being over dramatic about it.

Well, I need to get going and get some work done, lots to do!!

Hope you ALL have a great day, that includes if you're posting or even just reading. We're all here for the same reason!

Love ya sista's!!

Remember to drink all your water today....then we can all get together later and do the Potty Line Dance!!!

Izzy ( Lisa )
Old 08-18-2005, 10:39 AM   #3  
THICK and tired of it

Cal, I'm so glad to hear your first day went well. I think teaching is so FUN! I hope you will really enjoy it. I'm not really nervous about school starting in the sense that I have to teach a new class (up until now I've taught comp, now I'm teaching developmental writing- for those who don't fare well enough on the entrance exams to get into comp... scary! I thought my kids in 101 had issues!!!) but I have so much to do with comps and thesis- Just kind of overwhelming. But you can do it, I know, and so can I...

Oh, yeah, I'm making lunch today! Mark it on your calendars, girls- I don't cook often!

It is pouring rain here, kind of matches my mood. I must stay focused and do my work...

Have a good day y'all-
L
Old 08-18-2005, 04:50 PM   #4  

Good afternoon everyone!

It's been one of those days for me. First, I woke up to a sink full of corn husks and cobs as DH decided to freeze corn last night and not clean up afterwards. DS was in our bed all night. I slept in an akward position b/c of it and my neck is sore on one side. My coffee maker got jammed or something and all the coffee went all over my counter. A surge protector which the coffee maker and fish tank plug into was laying in a pool of coffee. Can we say electrocution hazard? I got that all cleaned up and a few hours later I cut my finger REALLY BAD. It bled through two bandaids. I don't know if you are familar with Cutco knives. My husband used to work there so we have a nice set. They say they are the world's finest cutlery, I have to agree, and boy are they SHARP!! Then my cats caught a mouse and were torturing it in my bathroom. GROSS! Luckily my brother in law came in and took the poor thing outside.

I have spent a large portion of the day cleaning upstairs in my house. I watched Oprah yesterday and saw this stuff about compulsive hoarding. I'm not as bad as some of those people, but it was kind of scarey how close I am. I get so overwhelmed by the amount of stuff we have and I don't know how to organize it. I can only work about and hour or two at a time and much of that is spent back tracking b/c the kids mess up what I just claned. I really wish my husband would help me out a bit and take the kids out of the house for a few hours so I can clean.

So anyway, I'm tired from all the cleaning. But my husband told me we are going somewhere and picking beans tonight. Someone has 5 acres of them and will let us pick them for free. So after the picking comes the cleaning, clipping and canning. Plus, we'll can peaches and pears soon. Then tomatoes if mine ever get ripe.

So anyway, how is everyone?

Amanda-I am so happy to hear your classes went well. The class you are taking sounds very interesting. I did a lot of transcribing stuff into phonetics as a speech therapist. We had a whole class on it

Lori-I wish it were raining here, my yard crunches when you walk on it! I wish you the best of luck with your thesis and comps. You can do this!!!

Lisa- I think checking out the menu online is a great idea! I hope your meeting goes ok today along with your dinner.

Ok I am gonna go do nothing for a while. I can't finish upstairs b/c DS is napping...FINALLY!!

Enjoy your evening everyone!
Old 08-18-2005, 04:57 PM   #5  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Wow-what a day it has been so far! My meeting went ok this morning, very long, but ok. There were no freak outs. LOL

Lunch was sooooo yummy! Thanks Lori! We'll be making that again for sure!

Cal~I am so glad that your classes went so well. I know that it is nerve racking ( I saw Lori go thru that last year) but it sounds like you did just fine! I'm sure your students will adore you, just like we do!!!

Well, I have an appointment with an advisor at MSU tomorrow . I get off work early at 12, then go meet with him, and THEN I am going to The Mall of America with my friend Tracy, her daughter Taylor and 3 of her 13 yr old friends. It's Taylor's B-day, and that is what she wanted to do for a party. So, I am going along to keep Tracy sane. Should be interesting! Then I'll spend the night and be back in the morning.

Ok, gotta get back to work, I leave for the work dinner in one hour!

ta ta!

~Izzy ( Lisa )
Old 08-18-2005, 07:46 PM   #6  
THICK and tired of it

Hi folks-

Ah, Misty- we have cutco knives too.... I hope your finger is ok? And, next time I start feeling like I have too much going on, I'm going to remember you and all you do! I'm just lazy, that's my problem.

It's 6:30 and I'm just sitting here, waiting for my first Al-Anon meeting. I hate waiting to go somewhere. Oops- I just said hate- my son would say that my heart just got a little bit smaller- like the grinch. Oh well...

Ok, I'm going to my meeting, I don't care if I'm early.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:34 PM   #7  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Whew, I think I need to take 2 Activity Points just for reading Misty's post. LOL

Everyone seems to be getting real busy now that school is starting back up. Hope everyone had a good day. Happy Friday tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I know I've been bad, and haven't been checking in here that often.

This week has just sucked for me. I don't know why. I haven't wanted to exercise, so have only done it Sunday, Monday and then again today. I did walk on Tuesday and Wednesday on my lunch, but I don't count that really.

Anyway, then my points have been crappy all week. I had pizza last night. Almost a whole medium pizza myself. I just added up my points for yesterday. 57. And then all the other nights, I was over by 3 - 4 pts. Period week sucks. And then fighting with Craig didn't help, thankfully at work I didn't have to assist and work with the rude woman. But LOL she's still having her drama everyday. And she's 58.

I'm still eating less than what I would have 2 months ago, but still, I know I Could do better. I wanted to be down to my 2nd goal this week, and it was only 2.5 lbs, and I could have done it had I not messed up. I'm really going to try and re RE commit myself again tomorrow, and we'll see how it goes.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much!!
Closed Thread