View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 08:45 AM   #9
MrsJim
Uber-Moderator!!

I haven't gone thru menopause yet, but at 42.5 years old, I'm fairly sure I'm on the cusp.

To supplement Meg's wise words, I'd like to recommend (once again!) the book by Pamela Peeke - Body for Life for Women. Even though I have read elsewhere detractions by BFL devotees that the new book is 'not simple enough' or 'too complicated' (etc) and yada yada - I found the book to be VERY informative. One critical element that applies in this instance is that the author breaks down women's weight issues by age - something the original BFL (which was written, IMO, more for the guys) did not cover. Most of us gals have learned by experience that losing weight becomes a different journey as we go through different stages of life, ya know?

Anyway - I'd recommend the book - try your local library - betcha they have it!
September 1996: 155 pounds (-110 lbs)
*LIVING at: 145-149 pounds, size 4/6 (-116/120 lbs)

*Maintenance = LIVING.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Wanna know how I lost the weight and have kept it off for over 16 years? Click here!
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote