Old 08-09-2005, 12:03 AM   #1  
Sara G.

Default Rewards for reaching your goal....

Have any of you or do any of you plan to reward yourself by doing something really special when you reach your goals?? I plan to get a tatto in chinese scripture that means either strenth or beauty, heck, maybe I'll get both... Here they are:
http://www.chinese-symbols.com/b-chi...-for-beautiful

and

http://www.chinese-symbols.com/s-chi...l-for-strength

Sara G.
Laila_girl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/254/150

yeah, I want a tattoo as well. Some sort of celtic knot on the back of my neck.

As far as your tattoo choices I'd go with "Beauty". The first symbol, "mei", is also used when writing 'American' literally --->beautiful people. How we got that honor I'll never know.

Anyway, the first character in "strength" is also used for masculine or male. So...if you're not into gender stereotyping then I'd skip it.
alliesarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:05 AM   #3  
All That's Left of Me

Yep, when I reach my final goal I fully intend on spending a grotesque amount of money on a whole new wardrobe. I'll also purchase one of those self contained outdoor fire pits, so I can properly dispose of my "fat clothes". Just like the olden days of bra burning (okay, not THAT olden) I will be throwing off the shackels of my oppression. I will never again dress in clothing that is considered fashionable only for people twice my age!

Signing off and going to bed...Finally!

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:33 AM   #4  
Sara G.

Allie- thanks for that little piece of information. I think that I will stick to beauty.

Amanda- to be honest I will probably spend lots of money on new clothes too, but I also want something more perminant (sp?).

I am really starting to see beauty in myself now, not just in the physical, but more in me as a person.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:45 AM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I haven't really thought about what I plan on rewarding myself with when I reach my final goal. I'll have to think on this, because I think it's important to have a reward in mind. I guess I haven't really thought on it, because part of my reward will be a longer and healthier life.

Right now, I reward myself every other week, with a new outfit for work, and also something NEW to workout in, keeps me motivated when I have something new to wear, and is a nice reward for kicking butt Who doesn't love new clothes.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:01 PM   #6  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I reward myself either with clothes, or with beauty products. I will definitely be doing some splurging when I reach my final goal -- I plan to reward myself with a day at a spa!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:14 PM   #7  

I am going to go to Hawaii and learn to surf. I have been saving up the vacation time forever! I hope I can make it there before may of next year, but at the rate I am losing...
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:27 PM   #8  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

I'll definitely get clothes and/or shoes, and might take a mini-vacation someplace new...like New Orleans or something. Another thing I'm going to do is have our family picture taken...currently there are hardly any pictures of me with my son because I hate fat pictures. Sad huh?
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:03 PM   #9  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

eek... Clothes... just thiniking about shopping gets me excited. I'm a shoppaholic, but I've been staying away from buying new clothes recently because even though I'm not losing as fast as I had hoped.. I'm anticipating a size change sometime in the near future. When I finally get down to a size 14 (my mini-goal size) I'm going to buy some new pants.

I haven`t even put much thought into what my reward will be for reaching my true goal weight. I'm giving myself a year to lose about 80lbs, so I guess that as it gets closer I will have a clearer idea of what I want.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:15 PM   #10  
Mikey's girl

a MAIN reward?? Im hoping to get married, I know he's gonna marry me either way, but I want to pretty dress with a pretty body... kinda goofy I know... Other than that... I really want to wear a short skirt a bikini Im suh a dork!! I have weird rewards, oh and another baby!

<edit> OK AND OF COURSE A WHOLE NEW WORDROBE!!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:33 PM   #11  
All That's Left of Me

I totally sympathize with you Christy. My son is 5 1/2 and I only have 3 pictures of us together. This is mostly because I don't want long-term proof that I was once as big as a whale, but some of it has to do with being a single mom...when it comes to capturing my handsome man on film I am always behind the camera

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #12  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Clothes and more Clothes. Every time I go down a size I run out to buy a bunch of tops and jeans, skirts, whatever I want in that size.... because that is MY big motivator.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:04 PM   #13  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I have a reward for every mini goal I have set for myself, all stuff that helps me to feel good about myself, teeth whitening products, manicure/pedicure, tanning, then closer to the ultimate goal is new clothes and new sexy undies!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:41 PM   #14  
Sara G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikustrees
I am going to go to Hawaii and learn to surf. I have been saving up the vacation time forever! I hope I can make it there before may of next year, but at the rate I am losing...
That's a good one. I think that would be a lot of fun to learn to surf. I'm moving to Florida in 6 months... do they have any good surf beaches? I might have to take up surfing.

This isn't a reward, but the surf thing got me thinking about it. I've been thinking of taking boxing lessons. I'm going to increase my stamina first and maybe get down to 180 first, but I think I might do it!

Sara G.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:32 PM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

I might be in the minority, but I really have no specific "reward" planned when I reach my goal. I think my "reward" will be achieving the goal itself. It is just going to be such a great feeling to have lost 65 pounds, gotten in better shape and become more comfortable with myself. My new, healthy body is my reward!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote