Old 05-25-2005, 05:13 PM   #1  
1 carton a week!

Default veggies and *gasp* gas

so I've recently given up meat entirely and began eating veggies (like 3 times my usual amount) but I've noticed that I'm A LOT more gasy and have been going to the bathroom more hehe sorry for the bathroom stories but is this normal? and does it go away when my body gets used to it?
icecreamjunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:48 AM   #2  
1 carton a week!

thats so much for clearing that up for me I'm gonna try to ease it up, but I'm happy that I don't have anything seriously wrong with me haha
Old 05-26-2005, 03:09 AM   #3  
I believe in Futures

I had the same problem when I started adding a LOT of whole grain and veggies to my diet! Had I known I should have taken in the new eating regimen slowly, maybe I wouldn't have experienced the umm, well, you don't need details. haha But it took my body about 1 1/2 months to adjust completely!!! I don't get it anymore (thank goodness) but it was definitely annoying when it was happening...!!
purplebanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 02:33 AM   #4  
1 carton a week!

lol I think I can imagine the embarrassing experiences haha but let's hope it doesn't take a month lol but I had more fruit today than veggies so we'll see hehe
Old 05-29-2005, 08:58 AM   #5  
Empress/Queen

There are also enzyme supplements (like Beano, to name one that's commonly available in the grocery store) that can help ease the transition. Usually I'm all for not messin' with Mother Nature, but have used these with no problem and they've been around for a long, long time ... still should always check with doc, of course, about usin' them! Good luck!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:46 PM   #6  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Thank god I'm ot the only one!!!
I get severer (and embarrasingly enough... smelly) gas when eating even a few beans or certain veggies... I LOVE beans and veggies, but my body can't usually handle it.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:33 PM   #7  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Yep, Beano works and helps a lot.
flower is offline   Reply With Quote