Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 09:39 AM   #1  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Default Are we losing steam?

It seems like we are. Since we all joined at roughly the same time, could it be that we're all feeling like I'm feeling? A little bored? A little like "isn't there a better, faster way to do this?" A little resentful of counting points and using fat-free cheese instead of the real thing? I don't know about the rest of you, but that 10-pound mark has always been the kiss of death to me as far as WW is concerned. I hit it, and then it all just goes to s**t. The same thing happened this week. I've been doing nothing but pigging out, not counting points, not eating thoughtfully. Scale this morning said 255, up from 249.8. I just hope I can do things differently this time and instead of giving in and giving up, I do my best for the rest of this week, suck it up and go to weigh-in on Saturday, and then get seriously back on track.

My leader told a story recently about a woman in one of her classes who was losing regularly but was terrified abot gaining. She just felt that it was inevitable that she would. So she basically blew off a whole week just to "get the gain over with." She did gain, and that was what she needed to get her serious again and to stop worrying about gaining.

Who knows, maybe that's what's going on with me?
Old 08-10-2005, 09:53 AM   #2  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I'd noticed that the lack of menu/points posts lately and figured the same thing- we're all starting to burn out a little.

That getting-the-gain over with idea is interesting... but I'd think it would be hard to stay OP again.

Personally, I was just getting going when I went on vacation and gained back a few pounds. It has taken me another week to lose them again, which is frustrating-- I really want to see the scale move below my currnent "low". The last few days, though, I'm paying more attention and working on getting that scale to move again.

Maggie, we can't quit now! We have made progress and we will feel better if we make even more. What can we do to motivate each other? Maybe we need to come up with some challenges or something...
Old 08-10-2005, 10:25 AM   #3  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Talking

I'm here! I'm here!

I've been trying to post as much as I can with all that is going on with Lori gone and such, but I'm still here!

I'm still going strong (which shocks me cuz I normally run out of steam by now) I really do think that my energy level is still up so high due to all the water that I drink and getting a good night sleep every night. It's making a HUGE difference for me.

Good news, I applied for school on Monday. I'm still filling out finincial aid crap etc, I'm hoping to start on the 30th. I'm not sure if it will work out quick enough, but I have to at least try! I'm also working on finding medical insurance so I can quit my job and go full time.
Ok, more on this later!

Quote of the Day!
"If you BITE IT you WRITE IT...but don't you QUIT!"

Old 08-10-2005, 10:36 AM   #4  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sistas,

I've said this before & no one ever comments on it; but why don't you give WW Core plan a try? I never feel deprived on it. It seems like I eat a LOT of food. I snuck a peek at the scale this week, WI is tomorrow, but I'm down 6 lbs from last Thursday.

On Core, its not how much you eat, but WHAT you eat. I am the poster child for CORE. You can eat anything you want, but if its not Core, then use your Flex Points. Just like the 35 a week that points plan gets.

If anyone wants to try Core, I'll be here to give you support and any help that I can.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:45 AM   #5  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Kitty, I thought about giving Core a try, but it depends so much on being able to recognize the appropriate level of fullness so you know when to stop eating. I'm sure if you're stuffing yourself on Core foods, you can't lose. The premise, I think, is to give your body just enough so it doesn't feel hungry anymore. My gauge for doing that is way off!
Old 08-10-2005, 10:53 AM   #6  
Tryin' Again

Maggie,

I know, I too thought I wouldn't be able to do it. But you eat a lot of very filling, low engery density foods. In other words, you eat more volume, but less calories. What I do is fix reasonable portions for a meal. I eat it and if I still feel hungry I tell myself that if I am still hungry in half an hour or so, I will have more.

I know it is impossible to stick with a lifestyle that makes you feel deprived. No one can sustain that for very long. I guess that's why I like Core. And I do use my WPA. Last night I used 5 points on homemade mashed potatoes. If I want bread for a sandwich, I have to use 1 pt for the diet bread. It all evens out.

Anyway, good luck staying with this. Don't quit after 10 pounds. If you can get over that block, I think you will go all the way.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:53 AM   #7  

I'm still here and am still staying OP and exercising every day - just haven't been posting. Trying to cut down on internet time! But have been reading all the posts.

Maggie - don't give up now - you just have to get past this bump in the road. Sometimes I just get bored with the whole thing and then I do the "attitude adjustment talk" and realize how much better I feel and how much I have accomplished (24# as of this morning) and it gets me back on track again.

Lisa - you are doing so well. Smaller jeans, past the dreaded Week 6, still staying OP - you're going to end up being our Poster Child!!!

You know what I miss the most? Cooking!!! I LOVE to cook - have a cookbook collection bigger than our local library. So now I just find Weight Watcher recipes on line and have been cooking WW recipes. Have a chicken/salsa/sour cream thing in the crockpot right now and can't wait to see how it tastes. Sure smells good.

Hang in there everyone - it only gets better! The Sistas can't give up without a good fight -- Bev
Old 08-10-2005, 02:32 PM   #8  

Default Marathon Post!

Hey there,

Maggie-I am soooo losing steam. I know what you mean.

I am not overly inspired by getting to one-derland as I have been there about 6 times since January. My lowest has been 194 right after I didn't eat for a week b/c I had my gall bladder out. Of course I gained it all back. I am getting discouraged b/c I started out doing WW on my own when my son turned 6 weeks old. I am quickly approaching that one year mark and I really have so little to show for it. I want so badly to set some unrealistic goal to be 50 pounds less than my starting weight come September, and anything less I feel like I won't be satisfied. I look back at all the time I have wasted. If I had really tried I could be almost to my healthy weight by now. I have spent most of my twenties being fat and all of my teens years thinking I was fat. I get so angry about all that wasted time.

I know I can't waste more time whining about what I didn't do. I've given myself a good talking to the last few days. I want so badly to be one track. I want to exercise. I want to feel healthy and in control.

Then life hits. In reality it's not even the WW or the losing weight part I get frustrated about it's everything else. That just puts caring about losing weight so far on the back burner I can't see it somedays.

Kitty-I think I will try Core in the future. It's very similar to Oprah and Dr. Phil's eating plans. Dr. Phil's website has some fabulous recipes you may be able to adapt if you look at the 12 week meal plan thing. I can't remember the exact link. It was too expensive for me to do in January and Feb, b/c the veggies were hard to find, but I bet it would be great this time of year!!

My husband won't eat a veggie if it jumped into his mouth and did the banana dance all the way to his stomach. So the Dr. Phil and Oprah plans made it difficult to cook for my family (read husband), I forsee the same deal with Core. My husband won't eat something if he thinks it has too mcuh onion, he won't eat it if it has mushrooms or tomatoes, too many veggies or pretty much if it didn't come out of a box with dehydrated powdered cheese! He complained about the price of salad greens, fresh fruits, and veggies. If I cook this time of year he will complain if I turn on the oven. So all my cooking is limited to stove top. Somedays I want just say we will eat this and if you don't like here's a hotdog!

My life would be so much simpler if I could plan meals, shop and cook without his influence. I can't shop alone though b/c he won't watch the kids. I was always annoyed by that phrase, why is it when MEN have the kids they are babysitting or watching, but when we have the kids what is that called? UMMM PARENTING!

So anyway, I totally get that lack of motivation. Maybe it's my 6 week demon. Last week was week 5 for me and I totally blew it. I also hit the 10 pound mark a couple of weeks ago. But I am not going to quit. I am back on track today. I put my fit day on my new laptop so I can journal my moods and thoughts without having to be in the office. I can also journal my food easier. I am gonna find a place to use that treadmill even if it is in the middle of my kitchen doorway.

I have this all or nothing mind set though. Like with the treadmill. I feel like (as illogical as this is) that b/c today is Wednesday (the start of my WW week) that to meet the exersice goal I set for myself I must use that treadmill TODAY!! If I fail to do so I will tell myself the whole week is shot and I will just wait for next week. I do that with eating too. What is that? Why do I do that?

OH and I so skipped my meeting last night. I was so tried I ate McD's and went to bed at 6:30! I slept like a rock, got up at 5:18, met my daycare kid and went back to sleep on the couch since all the kids were still sleeping. I feel so much better!!! But guilty about not weighing in. My hoem scale is broken so I can't even check to see how badly I hurt things at teh fair...maybe taht is a good thing.

I do feel motivated though when I think about that dumb keychain LOL!

Lisa-That's GREAT about school!!!!! I hope all is getting better with Lori! Send her our love and thoughts and prayers!!

Bev-I was my happiest and felt so satisfied when I was following the Dr. Phil 12 weeks of meal plans. And you know what it was it was all healthy point friendly foods, but more than that it took time to prepare. I was able to COOK! I love to cook! Maybe what I need to do is tell dh eat it or leave it and find some great WW friendly recipes that are also budget friendly. Stuff that I can cook. I love so much the process of the washing and cutting and preparing. Did you post your chicken recipe in the recipe thread? I love to use the crockpot this time of year b/c it keeps the heat in the house down.

Well this post is like a mile long and not overly joyfull. Maggie hang in there with me PLEASE? I'll do it if you do it. We're in this together, we are Sistas!!!

take care everyone!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:25 PM   #9  

Sistas we can and must do this! There are always obstacles and hinderances in our ways. When there not there we make up our own excuses! Stick with it! The one thing great about WW is that tomorrow is a new set of points.

Misty have you honestly communicated with your husband about his lack of encouragement? Be vulnerable and honest and tell him you need him on your team. Explain that for his health he should be a good example to the kids and eat his vegetables hee hee. Seriously I would try and win him over. Can't imagine how tough this would be with a picky husband. Fortunately for me my husband will eat whatever I make. I too love to cook.

Don't QUIT Maggie! I need every sista here to be in my corner together we will succeed!!
Old 08-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I'm doing ok. I stay OP all week, but then don't do so well on weekends. But I'm still losing. So I don't know.

I'm actually doing pretty good as far as losing I've lost 18 lbs so far! Since June 6th. I'm very proud of how well I'm doing, and that I haven't quit.

I'm just so tired! I have had no energy at all, and I've slacked on exercising. I worked out Monday for 20 mins, and then walked yesterday and today on my lunch, and thats it. I just cant seem to get up in the morning. I'm not sleeping that well. Even when I was exercising, I never seemed to have energy. I'd have it right after I worked out, but I'd crash later on.

I don't mind counting points or measuring, its become my habit with eating, and am able to keep track of everything without writing it down. I still write it down, just because I can go back and reference points if I forget a few weeks from now.

I haven't been spending so much time on here, just because I stupidly loaded The Sims back on our computer, and I've become addicted to it this week. lol that was NOT a good idea

I'm 3 to 4 lbs away from having to jump down to another point range. I'm almost tempted to do it now, because some days its a chore to even get to 28.

I personally like the Winning Points version better than the Flex Points. I know I'd not do well with the Flex Points. I like the range of points better than the one set point, and then having to trust myself to spread out the flex points to last a whole week. You basically get the same amount of points for the week. I just know me, and the way that I think Maybe that would work better for you guys who are having issues with the Flex Points, but don't think Core is right for you???

So, anyway, my main problem is energy and not much motivation to exercise.

How can we keep ourselves motivated and help each other out?

~Liz
Old 08-10-2005, 08:48 PM   #11  
Tryin' Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzyg
How can we keep ourselves motivated and help each other out?

~Liz
Does anyone think that setting small challenges for ourselves would work? Like my challenge for this week is to get at least 15 minutes of walking or other kind of exercise every day. Maybe start out small and make these changes a part of our lives. Like maybe challenge yourself to journal everyday, or eat 5 servings of veggies---whatever.

What do you think?
Old 08-10-2005, 09:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I like that. We could have a goal thread for the week. I know mine would be an exercise goal!!
Closed Thread