Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 09:48 AM   #1  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default What are your favorite new foods you've found since starting WW?

I've been happily surprised that I can still eat some of my "bad" foods, with slight modifications, and still be OP. I thought it would be interesting if we all shared our discoveries.

One of my new favorites is the Laughing Cow light cheese wedges. That stuff is awesome for a cheese lover like myself. I put it on crackers for a snack, or an english muffin for breakfast.

Those same Low-Fat Hi-Fiber English Muffins are also on my list. (They are Thomas' Light Multi-Grain.) I used to eat an egg or a plain white bagel every morning, and I've switched to the english muffins instead. I really don't miss my bagels the way I thought I would.

I can combine those two with an egg and still have one of my favorite "sinful" breakfasts, only this new version isn't bad at all. I used to make egg sandwiches with two pieces of wheat toast, mayo, lots of cheese, and two eggs.... I don't even want to know what the points on that would be! Now, I use the english muffin, one wedge of laughing cow, and one egg, for a total of 6 points... and it tastes just as good.

I've been a Mountain Dew addict for years. I've replaced most of it (still have one a day most days) with Diet Tropicana Orange Soda for 0 points. It's really good and satisfies my soda craving without blowing my plan for the day.

And last but not least, I really enjoy the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. I'm not a big sweets person, but, these are delicious.

Next....
Old 08-10-2005, 09:57 AM   #2  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

I'm really hooked on the apple caramel dippers from WaWa. They're 4 points, but they're high fiber plus a fruit serving. Funny thing is, before WW, when i was just on a "diet," I neer would have eaten them because of the caramel (so not a "diet" food). Same with a WaWa spinach salad. It's 7 points and has cheese, hard-boiled egg and bacon. I would never have found a way to fit that into a "diet," but WW lets me fit it into my plan.

I'm happy to find that I can do without soda, even diet, altogether. Water has become my favorite drink.

Another thing that has gotten better since I gave up dieting and turned to WW is breakfast. On a diet, i would eat maybe a slice of toast and a piece of fruit. Now I have two eggs scrambled with peppers on two slices of WW bread for 6 points. It holds me over til lunch like no diet breakfast ever did.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #3  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Hmmm, you want me to talk about food? Geez, Ok, I guess I can do that! LOL

Here are some of my favorite things these days...

Village Hearth Light sliced Bread, comes in wheat and italian it's only 1 points for TWO slices. I eat it almost every morning toasted with PB. A little goes a long way because it melts on the hot toast.
I also make a sandwhich with it along with FF bolagna( one slice) and ff mayo. That's a ONE point sandwhich!

I also like the light english muffins. Good with PB too. I make my "mock McMuffin" with one whole muffin toasted, one egg(fried in pam) small slice of swiss cheese(off of a block) and a piece of canadian bacon. Bam! 6 points and Yummy!

Laughing cow cheese wedges and I have gotton to be close buddies. I love it with reduced fat wheat thins(4 point snack) Lori likes it on celery. Byron likes to just eat it plain if he could!
I also have made a chicken recipe with a flattened chicken breast, one piece of ham lunch meat and cheese wedge, roll it up, secure with toothpicks, dredge in shake n bake and bake. Tastes sinful, 6 points!

Light OJ, only 1 point

100 calorie snack packs, Chips Ahoy are my fave.

FF no sugar added ice cream.

Natural raw(unsalted) whole almonds. Good for in the car.

Baked Ranch doritos-super yum! Only 2 points a serving!

Whole wheat tortillas, good for breakfast burritos, tacos, roll ups etc.

SF jello with ff cool whip, ZERO points! Good for when you're out of points!

Honey Bunches of Oats cereal- LOVE it!

FF Eggo waffles 1point each (also good with PB!)

Frozen grapes

chicken, chicken, chicken. Always boneless and skinless.

I cook with alot of garlic, onions and mushrooms.

OK, I better stop for now. I could write about food all day!

I'm going to go eat my snack now!
Old 08-10-2005, 11:04 AM   #4  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Oooh, I really enjoy the Skinny Cow ice cream sammiches!!! So worth the points!!

Another thing I have discovered is Eggplant. Who knew it was so good with Mozzarella & Parmesan cheese & Marinara sauce???? A WW version of course. I had never tasted eggplant b4, but Monday I bought one & used a recipe I found on WW Online. Yum.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #5  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzywas
I also like the light english muffins. Good with PB too. I make my "mock McMuffin" with one whole muffin toasted, one egg(fried in pam) small slice of swiss cheese(off of a block) and a piece of canadian bacon. Bam! 6 points and Yummy!!
Just FYI-- if you want it to be more like a real McMuffin, do your egg in a coffee cup in the microwave. Spray the coffee cup with cooking spray, put the egg in, add about a little less than a tablespoon of water, stir it well with a fork (to kind of scramble it), and zap it for 45 seconds or so. You'll wind up with the egg "patty" like McD's serves. I make these all the time.

I like low fat PB on my english muffins for breakfast, too.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:18 PM   #6  

Just like everyone else - Laughing Cow Cheese wedges and SF Jello & Lite Cool Whip. Never tried either one until WW.

Also like Dannon Light 'n Fit Vanilla Yogurt. I eat it for dessert/snack or breakfast. I discovered Kashi Crunch cereal and like 1/2 c yogurt (1pt), 1/2 c Kashi Crunch (1pt) and 1/2 c strawberries or blueberries (1/2 pt but I count 1) mixed together.

Brummel & Brown spread instead of butter. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is okay, but B&B tastes better to me.

My mainstays are tuna and chicken breasts. Eat them at least 5 out of 7 days.

Right now - all the fresh fruits and vegetables. I always liked them and ate them regularly, but they are so good this time of year and I enjoy them everyday. Plan to hit the Farmer's Mkt again on Saturday.

The Hillshire Farms deli meats (in the Glad containers) are all good and only 1 pt for 5 slices. I use them in sandwiches, omelets, and salads. Tried the Beef last time and it made a great sandwich with some Sara Lee Garden Pepper mustard.

I actually try something new every time I grocery shop - have tried mangoes (and didn't care for them), zucchini (okay but I could live without it), and balsamic vinegar (great stuff!).

~Bev~
Old 08-10-2005, 05:03 PM   #7  

What's a mango like? I've never had one of those either.

Yup, Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches are amazing!!! There's also some WW toffee ice cream bars that are great too, and only 2 points.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #8  

Has anyone tried Aunt Millies fiber wheat hamburger buns or hot dog buns they are only one point and so cool to be able to eat a burger or turkey sausage emmmmm
Old 08-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #9  

Steph - a mango is kind of "peachy" tasting - but mine wasn't as sweet as a peach. And they're kind of "fibery". They're only 2 pts per cup but that's only because it takes you 5 points worth of effort to get the da**ed thing off the pit! If I want to make a mess in the kitchen I can do a fresh pineapple or watermelon! Also have seen recipes where you cook them with meat but doesn't sound like something I'd especially like so never tried it. I did try kiwi and I do like them -- and am going to try papaya and passion fruit next.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:30 PM   #10  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

For a really decadent treat, take a super ripe mango with you to the beach, peel the skin and just gnaw the flesh off the pit with your teeth. It is juicy and sticky and oh so much fun. Then just go wash off in the ocean. And if you like fruit with your badminton, feeding mango to the opposing player can be soooooo erotic. Er, um, I mean, um, athletic? There's just something about the juices flowing down his chin.... oh, um, never mind. I need to go turn up my air conditioner.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:38 PM   #11  

LOL!! Maggie, you crack me up!! I'll try mangos sometime. I'm with you, Bev, if something is difficult to eat, it usually isn't worth it to me. I haven't tried passion fruit or papaya either. Let me know if you try either! Yumm..I love kiwi. I think it might be my favorite fruit! It's amazing good for you too!

Another food that I've been eating a lot lately is cut up Granny Smith apples with cinnamin sprinkled on each piece.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Speaking of Mangos, I almost forgot about mine in the fridge, I'll have to check it out to see if its still good. It has a different flavor, I tried it for the first time about a month ago. Its not bad, but there are other fruits that I like better.

I've started eating more fruit for the most part. Peaches, nectarines, strawberries, apples... all good

Most of the stuff I ate before is ok on WW, with a few exceptions (can you say pizza??) But I also like the Aunt Millie's buns that are only one point! yum!

I also like spaghetti. Its only 3 pts for a cup, and a cup of noodles is pretty big

I also like the light hot dogs. Only 2.5 pts per dog... not bad!

Ground turkey - a whole lot less points than ground beef, and I think it tastes better. Craig doesn't like it so much, but eats it cause he knows its helping me out.

Baked chips - any kind

I love chicken breasts, and I still eat a lot of those (Gotta love when Meijers has a sale, and you get 2 4 lb bags of boneless skinless chicken breasts, individually frozen for the price of one ) since I don't like steak anyway.

I'm a kind of picky eater anyway, so lol thankfully most of the stuff I like is ok for WW, I just now have to watch my portions.

~Liz
Old 08-10-2005, 09:34 PM   #13  

Lizzy, I'm glad you reminded me about ground turkey. I'm scared to try that too!! Do you think it's a lot different tasting than ground beef? I like turkey, but I don't know grinding it up.

Sorry to ask so many questions!!
Old 08-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #14  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Steph,

I've tried ground turkey and I don't really care for it too much. I think Krogers & Meijer's carry ground chicken, which I like much better than turkey. I've actually used ground chicken in hamburger helper mix and thought it was real good.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #15  

Thanks, Kitty. Both seem kind-of yucky to me, but I don't know why I feel that way. I like turkey and chicken both, so I should probably just grow up and give them both a try! LOL!
Closed Thread