Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 08-05-2005, 11:18 PM   #1  

Default When do you find the time to exercise?

I was wondering how all you moms out there find time to exercise? I have 3 kids, 8, 5 1/2 and 14 mos. By the time I get them all to bed I am too tired and uninspired to do anything. What do you do and how do you fit it in?
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:54 AM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

If you have 3 kids, you shouldn't have any problem getting exercise. LOL

Do you play "with" them? By that, I mean do you climb the monkey bars, push the merry-go-round, swing with them, run, catch, etc.? Do they like to walk anwhere? Put the baby in the stroller and take them all for a nature walk or something. Do you watch cartoons with them? Stand up and march while watching. Add some hand weights too. Maybe the kids will get involved and march with you and keep in shape. Or do some jumping jacks, whatever moves you.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #3  

The marching while watching TV gave me a good idea...all 3 love music and dancing. Maybe we can all dance together 20 minutes or so a day...that would be fun! Unfortunately, at the playground I follow the baby around which isn't as vigorous as what the other two are doing...
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:10 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Yup. Dancing's one way to get the exercise. You could also get your house clean that way. Dance around the vacuum, broom and mop. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:57 PM   #5  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Is your s/o around to help? Since I'm 10 weeks pregnant, getting up early to workout is out of the question, I'm dead tired all the time. My husband gets home from work in the evening, we eat a quick dinner, and he stays with our daughter while I go down to the Y for an hour or so. I've only had the energy to do this a handful of times in the past few weeks, but I do feel so much better when I get back.

Also you need some "you" time so if you can get your s/o, mom, neighbor, whoever, to stay with the kids for a couple hours a week and use that time for exercise, you'll feel so much better when you are with them.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:07 PM   #6  

Well, personally I feel it is alot easier once school starts. However, first thing in the morning is the BEST time to get it in and done with! I also have 3 kids.... ages.... 14, 10, and 6. I never get a chance to do anything for me!! Mornings are best here.
TMunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #7  

My oldest son is 6 and our youngest son and daughter are 4. I know it doesn't appeal to a lot of people but I get up (most days) and get to the gym by 5:00. That gives me a good hour and a half to workout - plenty of time for weights and cardio.

I will admit that I am NOT a morning person. But, it was just too hard trying to balance my needs with everyone elses. When I waited until the afternoon or night to exercise I either had to miss dinner with the family, miss my kids' bedtimes, or miss my workout. It was way too much hustle and bustle for me.

In addition to that I "play" with them as almostheaven described. We play tag, we race up the stairs to brush their teeth, we see who can hop on one foot for the longest. The little bursts of activity throughout the day really do make a difference IMO.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote