Old 07-28-2005, 08:57 PM   #1  
Movin on down the scale

Post Nutrisystem Anyone???

I have just started N.S. today and would love to find a few more people doing it to help share the experience with. If you are participating in the N.S. program please post here.
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:49 PM   #2  

Default enquiring minds want to know

So, Ive always wondered...is NutriSystem any different than..say....eating weightwatchers smart ones tv dinners for every meal? Like a strict portion control type deal?
momof3hes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

There is a Nutrisystem thread in the General Diet Plans section of this forum.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 06:54 PM   #4  

Cool Giving Nutrisystems a try

Well I'm ordering NutriSystems today (Sunday, Aug 7th, 2005) and want to give it a shot. It has been interesting/helpful reading all the post on this site. Bravo!! This is my first foray into the community (both e-support group and weight program). My goal is to knock off 45 to 50 lbs and get from my current 6'0", 240 down to a manageable 190-195 target (where I was in 2001-2002). As much as I enjoy a good workout, I also enjoy eating a good meal(s). I'm pretty handy in the kitchen, but I thought that might be 'dangerous' right now, so Nutrisystems will hopefully keep me away from my recipes for a while (and away from my gourmet gastronomic addiction to fine dining/wine-ing). My intent is to lose enough 'spare-tire' so that I will be more effectivecomfortable in the gym/hikes/skiing/biking here in the Mountains of Colorado. Right now it's an on-again-off-again battle to exercise, with food, lethargy and the demands of running my own business winning out. NO EXCUSES!!

Again, thanks for those of you who posted helpful, experienced notes. And, going forward, and suggestions/insights will be greatfully appreciated.

Jim (ps....don't see many male conterparts in these support/chat rooms)
slimjimsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:08 AM   #5  

Default Works For me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimsoon
Well I'm ordering NutriSystems today (Sunday, Aug 7th, 2005) and want to give it a shot. It has been interesting/helpful reading all the post on this site. Bravo!! This is my first foray into the community (both e-support group and weight program). My goal is to knock off 45 to 50 lbs and get from my current 6'0", 240 down to a manageable 190-195 target (where I was in 2001-2002). As much as I enjoy a good workout, I also enjoy eating a good meal(s). I'm pretty handy in the kitchen, but I thought that might be 'dangerous' right now, so Nutrisystems will hopefully keep me away from my recipes for a while (and away from my gourmet gastronomic addiction to fine dining/wine-ing). My intent is to lose enough 'spare-tire' so that I will be more effectivecomfortable in the gym/hikes/skiing/biking here in the Mountains of Colorado. Right now it's an on-again-off-again battle to exercise, with food, lethargy and the demands of running my own business winning out. NO EXCUSES!!

Again, thanks for those of you who posted helpful, experienced notes. And, going forward, and suggestions/insights will be greatfully appreciated.

Jim (ps....don't see many male conterparts in these support/chat rooms)
Hi Jim,

I began on 4/27/2005 and already lost 29 pounds. Did NO excercise, just ate their food. Just quit this week to do the same portion control without their food however. I hope the workouts on my Crossbow will help too. I STARTED the Yahoo Crossbow group years ago but failing health forced me to never even be able to use it. This week I finally begin using it as well as free weights and riding my bicycle. I am 6'2" tall and just can't tell you how much better I feel! 29 pounds can change a life!
My Nutrisystem profile is at at:
http://www.nutrisystem.com/main/comm...archText=pappy

My Crossbow website is at:
http://health.*************.com/group/WeiderCrossBow/

Sure do find this group refreshing for it's good old common sense and no hype approach to wellness.

Mike
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:46 AM   #6  

Default nutrisystem

I just started nutrisystem yesterday and want buddies on my journey... I have 30 lbs to lose yikes! Thanks everyone.
rockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I lost a lot of weight on Nutrisystems several years ago (gained it back, unfortunately, and them some). I did't mind the food, at first, but it got extremely boring and they were always increasing the cost of food. I compared the cost and nutritional content to packaged foods in the grocery store, and found that the only difference was price, so I started making a list of all of the Nutrisystem items and found grocery store counterparts. Then I made a grocery list using the items, and shopped from the list.

So, I ended up with a list that went something like this:

7 breakfasts (cereal in individual boxes, instant oatmeal, individual muffins...)
7 lunches (frozen meals or canned/pouched soups, meals .... under 300 calories).
7 dinners (frozen dinners or shelf-stable entrees like Top Shelf... under 400 calories)
7 snacks (under 150 calories, in single serving packs like granola bars, microwave
popcorn, fruit snacks...)
7 desserts (under 150 calories, like instant puddings, ice cream cups...)
14 servings of fruit (raw, frozen, canned in juice)
21 servings of veggies (raw, frozen, canned)
14 servings starch (usually a loaf of low-fat bread and a bag of potatoes)

Being married, that's a little harder to do now, and also as I am not working, I have more time to make nutritious meals from scratch.

Colleen
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:51 PM   #8  

I'm on Nutrisystem and have been for a while. There is also a chat on their website
nutrisystem.com. The diet does work if you stick with it. Its basically a low carb,1200 calorie diet. Food is ok...kinda bland i think. The way the diet is put together makes it easy to follow. Maintainence is an issue for many as you don't really learn how to go back to regular eating and regaining a concern for many.
So far so good. Dont like the snacks or desserts so i eat fruit instead.
gingerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:06 PM   #9  
loser ina good way

Like Kaplods said the food gets boring. The first month on the plan I lost 9 lbs. The second order of food was had me finding the food boring. The lack of texture due to it being so processed made most of it seem to taste the same. I love the chocolate raspberry bars, but agree it is cheaper to make your own plan plus the stores have sales so you get even better price breaks. If you read the postings at the site you will also find the online support is not good. I love that the internet has sites like this one for reinforcement to your goals! Also sites like weight watchers have alot of things that are free without joining. They have a new receipe every day and you can save up to 25 under "my receipes".
Congratulations to Pappy who stuck it out and lost that weight!
djadecatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:46 AM   #10  

My husband was on it, has a ton of food left over......I have always been prone to Weight Watchers....but did really great on the program about 10 years ago.

A days worth of food (for a woman) is 24 points

Just in case there are any piggybackers out there
partschik is offline   Reply With Quote