Old 08-08-2005, 08:19 AM   #1  
Mikey's girl

Default Weekly chat AUG 8 - 14

GOOD MONDAY MORNING!!! How was everyone's weekend?? Mine was great! we went to a baby shower on sat. and then a BBQ, which I had a blast. Sunday we cleaned, mike made me mow the lawn, and it wasnt one of the mowers that pushes itself, because that BROKE!!! So it was one **** of a work out! Mmmmm coffee is being made right now in the office.. I need my morning cup! I shall be back girls!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:34 AM   #2  

HI ladies,

I had a good weekend fun wise but I wasn't a very good girl with calories. I dont' know what got into me. I've been steady and good since March and this weekend was a total slip up. I"m hoping that my sugars have been low which brought on the eating because if it goes any lower I can go off my insulin shots *yay for me* I actually didn't eat too horribly on Friday and Saturday and ended up at 1800 calories each day which is 200 above my norm and it was 2 days of slip ups...but yesterday....*hanging head*....I did the ultimate....I can't even bare to say it....I made....b..bb....bbb...brownies....and....not only brownies but full fat Turtle brownies *hanging head lower* I was good on my food intake all day but how can you possibly stay in calories when the brownies are 170 calories each?? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I was at 2300 calories yesterday...the absolute most I've had in 6 months, even when we eat out.
They were good though *smile* So it's out of my system. I'm wrapping the rest up so I don't have to look at them and either my hubby is taking them to work or I'll take them to a neighbor. I'm back on track and have been doing great on my exercise lately. We're not sure if we are going to get a gym membership now because it's more than we thought (is $63 a month for a family really high??). They do have a pool though, only downside is that it's a college and they have a dumb rule that we aren't allowed in the gym at all from 4-6 so that the students can have it to themselves. My hubby wanted to go right after work every day. We'll see.
Well all in all, I've gained about a pound from my bad weekend. May not see the full impact for another day though. I'll have to work extra hard to get that off this week.

So how are you ladies doing??? Good weekends all around??
Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:56 AM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

Well, my weekend was good and bad. The best part was that my bf and I went shopping for an engagement ring and finally found one. He'll be picking it up from resizing and having the diamond set next weekend while I'm away visiting a friend, then he'll be hiding it somewhere until the "right time" to propose. I'm so excited!

The other good things are also bad things -- I ate a lot of delicious food! Saturday morning we went to the local farmer's market. Bf bought corn and green beans, I bought multigrain bread and goat cheese. After that, we went to have our one meal out per week -- brunch! Well, it was more like breakfast at lunchtime. We went to a little restaurant that only serves breakfast and lunch, and I had a Monte Cristo sandwich (ham and cheese sandwich, with french toast for bread!) and some OJ (and a couple bites of his food too). Best guess from fitday is that that one meal was 1200 calories by itself! Later that afternoon while we were out shopping we stopped at Wendy's because I was thirsty, where I drank most of a small Sprite and I split a medium frosty with him. Toss on another 700 calories or so! I had a healthy dinner, but nothing could make up for the damage already done (AND I had two glasses of wine with dinner ), so the total for the day was about 2400 calories. It was sooooo yummy though.

Yesterday was okay calorie-wise, even though I baked muffins! I had a package of ground flaxseed that I had bought a while back that had a recipe on the back for flax and oat bran muffins, so I had to try it! They came out really yummy, and my best estimate is they are about 150 cals/muffin (but very filling, and largely "good" calories, not "empty" calories). I attempted the cottage cheese, also. I still think it's kind of weird, but I guess it's edible. I brought some for lunch today!

I also went shopping yesterday (another good and bad thing), where I got some great clothes, but spent a good amount of money doing it. I went to the NY & Co store that just opened up in our local mall, and loved it! I want to buy everything in that store, seriously. I also got a nice pair of jeans from Express (they were having a $20 off all denim sale), which I'm hoping will last a long time (they ought to, I paid $40 for them which is twice as much as I usually spend on jeans).

Anyway, sorry for the long post (my posts are always too long). I just had a busy weekend! Today I got some bad news at school already -- I said before I was going to be giving a presentation at this conference in Shanghai in a few weeks . . . well, they just switched me from giving an oral presentation to the poster session. Now I only have a couple weeks to make a poster, and the poster is much less prestigious than an oral. Oh well, at least there will be less pressure.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:01 AM   #4  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Hey girls, How was your guys weekend? Mine was good Saturday night I went to the drive-in to see Dukes of Hazzard and Bad News Bears. They were good but predictable. Then Sunday my cousin came over and she asked me to be in her wedding! She showed me what the bridesmaids dresses are going to look like they are really pretty but they look like there made of a stick figured girl! And of course Im no where near stick figured more like full figured. lol Now I have to bust my *** more so I wont look as big compared to the other girls.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:32 AM   #5  
Mikey's girl

CONGRATS PAPERCLIPPY!!! I am soo excited for you! weddings are soo fun! Im jealous!

Curvaceouscutie~ bridesmaid dresses are always made so small, its almost like the wedding world doesn't realize that there are BIGGER people out there! don't worry, Im sure you will look WONDERFUL!

Amber.. brownies??? yummmm.. I wish I culd make them, but I know I'll eat the crap out of them, and I dont even like chocolate! LOL

Now that I have my coffee, I can update my weekend. We went to tthis babyshower and well the foodwise I didnt eat much, didnt look to yummy, and I know thats rude, but Makayla keep me busy enough where It was an easy excuse. And the BBQ I had a couple of bites of Mikes food, other then that my big downfall was the drinking! they had bud light in a keg, and it was going down like water... Im usually a miller lite kinda girl... anyhow, needless to say, I drank WAY too much, but it was a good time. Sunday we cleaned our house took down shelves I had to mow the lawn cleaned out the garage, busted my rear end.. and now Im trying to put together my daughters bday party! WHEW! what a mouthful that is.. Ok going to collect some $$$!!
(((((HUGS)))))
Old 08-08-2005, 11:46 AM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Morning Ladies!

Glad to hear everyone had a nice weekend, and for some reason brownies sound so good right now!

Spent the weekend being lazy! Yay!
Looking forward to getting back on track food wise and exercise wise this week.

Everyone, have a great day & week!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:46 AM   #7  
Sara G.

I had to work all weekend. I got good workouts in on Friday and Saturday after work. I decided I would take the day off on Sunday. Bad idea since someone brought in doughnuts to work. I ended up eating two throughout the morning! Damn! I know I could have had more self control! Oh well, life goes on, and so should I .

It's raining here today so I'm going head to the gym today instead of a walk. I may do the walk also if it clears up.

Amber- those brownines are killers! I'm glad that I don't have a/c here because it's way too hot to bake brownies!

Paperclippy- As long as you're not going shopping and spening so much money every weekend it's okay! You need to reward yourself once and a while! Enjoy those clothes.
Laila_girl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:56 AM   #8  

Paperclippy-Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Now comes all of the wedding planning stuff. I am glad I'm not the only one who had a bad food weekend! You are so much closer to your goal though. You've been doing really great! One splurge every once in awhile is why I'm not on Atkins or any of those plans. I don't want any one food to be off limits.

Good job everyone!
I hope we all have a great week working hard!
Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:18 PM   #9  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Seems like there are some good moods around here this Monday morning..er.. afternoon...

I'm back to my normal work schedule so I won't be able to check the boards as much.

My weekend was kind of... half good/half bad as well. I went to the beach with some friends and the first 2 days I did pretty well. Even when we went out to dinner I had salmon and green beans and I was really satisfied. However, the next day it was my friend's birthday so we had 2! birthday cakes and pizza and rum and ice cream.. and eek.. just everything that tempts me. It was my first off day in about 10 days, and that is a pretty long stretch for me.
I don't like going off, but I'm happy to know that I can go off and not stay off.

My next few weeks are going to be kind of crazy. Thursday is my birthday! 20 finally! Then after that school starts back. I'm kind of looking forward to being out of the apartment and having things to do.. although I'm sure after a week or two that will wear off.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:52 PM   #10  

Sounds like a lot of us had a half-on, half-off weekend. I did great Saturday, ate well and swam a lot. Sunday, not so much. Mexican lunch (nope, didn't get the healthy fajitas or anything-went straight for the nachos and quesadillas), pizza dinner. It was veggie, but nothing else about it was healthy. I busted my butt scrubbing the bathroom and various other cleaning throughout the house, but it doesn't make up for the food sins. A new week, a new chance. I have been using V-8 as my snack lately. It fills me up and gets me an extra serving or two of veggies a day. We went healthy food shopping last Thursday, so everything in the house is good for us. The wedding is less than a month away, so the last thing I want to do is gain weight. I'm glad the alterations needed on my dress are because its too big, not too small.

I spent a lot of the weekend scanning old photos for our wedding slide show. A lot of memories. I scanned about 100 pics, I have about 20 to go. I think it will be great when it is done. Maybe I can post it to a free website so you all can see it when its completed.

Baby girl is up from her nap, better feed the monster! I think she's starting another growth spurt, it feels like she's been permanently attached to me, eating constantly.
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:29 PM   #11  
Mikey's girl

Hey paperclippy, I meant to ask, how did you like Ny & co? I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT place! I could spend way to much $$$$$...
Old 08-08-2005, 01:29 PM   #12  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

whoo, rockin' this thread on a Monday--what a lively group today!

I, unlike everyone else, did NOTHING this weekend...and it was everything I'd ever hoped it would be Jef and I only left the apartment once on Saturday, and that was just for like 15 minutes to pick up a few essentials at the grocery store. On Sunday, we brought his car to Jify Lube for an oil change, and that was it. Other than that, we layed around in our underwear (lol, TMI much? ) watching movies and tv and napping all weekend long. It was FABULOUS

I am in a wedding next year, too. This is the dress I have to squish my big a$$ into (in Wine color):
click here
I really like it, and luckily, it comes all the way up to a size 28W, so I certainly shouldn't have a problem fitting into it (especially by April!).

mmm...brownies ...thanks a lot, guys

I did well with food over the weekend, at least. Yesterday was my all fruits and veggies day, but I cheated and had some nuts, but they're almost a veggie, right? Still low calorie-wise, so I should be good to go. I have to get rid of the weight I gained last wek PLUS some at this Thursday's weigh-in.

Well, I'll catch ya'll later--glad to hear everyone is doing well and had a good weekend!!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 02:10 PM   #13  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks guys! We're not quite planning the wedding yet, since he hasn't officially proposed yet, but it will be soon! I know that he's paid for the ring, so now he has no excuse to put it off any longer!

JustForUs -- I LOVED NY & Co. What a great store! Nice clothes, affordable prices. Well, affordable if you only buy one or two things at a time! I had to put back a bunch of stuff I wanted because I couldn't afford to spend that much, but I did get one entire outfit!

Jill -- What a pretty dress! I'd be concerned about the spaghetti straps if it was me, but I bet it will look great!

Meredith -- I'd love to see your photos if you ever post them on a website!

Lizzie -- Happy early birthday! (in case I forget on Thursday)

Amber -- I am so with you, I have to be able to splurge on occasion! Any diet that restricts entire foods is not for me, I'll stick to calorie counting! And I looooooove brownies, and it has been far too long since I had one!

Laila -- LOL, I will definitely enjoy my clothes! I'm going to visit my friend in NYC this coming weekend though, and she and I always go shopping together, so I am going to have to watch myself and not spend too much then!

Beans -- Lazy weekends are great! I usually have Saturday be my "active" day and Sunday be my "lazy" day. I feel too cooped up if I stay inside both days of the weekend, but I do like to have nothing planned except the laundry on Sundays!

Curvaceous -- That's totally exciting that you get to be in your cousin's wedding! I'm sure when the time comes you will look GREAT in the dress!

l love it when this thread is so active, because it gives me an excuse to avoid working! I am so bad, here I am all worried about gaining weight when I'm traveling, but I have been eating all sorts of junk at home! I really wanted to be at 140 by Wednesday (one-year anniversary of my lifestyle change), but I don't think I'm going to make it . . . especially not if I bake the plum cake I've been planning!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 02:10 PM   #14  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on the upcoming soon-to-be engagement - can't wait to see ring pics!

Sounds like a lot of us had some eating troubles over the weekend - I'll throw my hat in, too! I had about 2500 cals yesterday, but mostly healthy stuff and it's not like I'm going to gain weight eating at that level (especially with the 1.5 hrs of hard-core cleaning I did yesterday) so I'm okay with it. Remember that girls! Sounds like most of us went off-plan but didn't totally blow it - don't get discouraged or be too hard on yourself!

Meredith - your big day is coming up so fast! Are you stressed or what? That weekend is my 1st wedding anniversary (Sept. 4).

I WANT A BROWNIE NOW!!! (haha - A brownie? One? Yeah right! More like 8!)

I finished my online class this weekend and got an 'A' confirmation from my teacher today! Sweet! Now I've just got to finish up a couple of things for another class tomorrow and I'm gone! I'm vacay-ing this week, from Tues-Tues. I might peek in at some point, but who knows. I'll be in OR and Reno/Lake Tahoe. I'm meeting up with some old friends, should be a blast. I'm packing apples, granola bars, and 100 calorie snack packs. I'm going to try to be on-plan (and allow myself one night of drinking in Reno) and we should be staying pretty active. Wish me luck!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 02:20 PM   #15  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

jilly-- What a gorgeous dress! No puffy sleaves or gratuitous bows.

jenicra-- Congrats on your A! I love those 100 calorie snacks. I took them with me this weekend and I'm sure they saved me from completely overindulging. Good luck!!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote