Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 09:43 PM   #1  

Default Thursday chatters for August!

I can hardly beleive that our summer holiday is half over. It sounds like you all go back earlier.
Have a great month.
Mimi
Old 07-31-2005, 10:12 PM   #2  
Susan

Thanks for getting us started Mimi. I agree it's hard to believe that it's already August. Time flies.....

Hope everyone had a good weekend. We didn't do much, we went today and Pat bought me a new book bag, a lunch sack and lunch box. It was so funny, then he laughed and told me I would look like a nerd. What a guy! He was just joking.

Tomorrow will be the first day for all of the teachers to come back. All of the new teachers started last Wed. I'm a little nervous again but no like I was last week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great Monday.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:14 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Me too!
Mimi, thanks for starting us off for August. It's hard to believe another month is finished.
For anyone new to this thread, you'll find a lot of support here. Come join us!

It's ridiculous how early our kids have to go to school.
In Houston, they start back in another 2 weeks. My sister, a teacher, has to be at work next Monday.

Susan, have a great day tomorrow. Once you get there, it'll seem like old hat.
Mimi, you have the greatest neighbors to help you with your front yard.

Sis, I hope things go well and you learn lots from the nutritionist.

Tammy, you probably won't read this----but-----hope you have a good trip.

Amy & Jody, what's happening?

Old 08-01-2005, 10:48 AM   #4  

Hi everyone.
Sorry I have been MIA. We have been doing lasst minute summer fun before the kids go back to school. They go to don't go back until the 22nd but we are just starting ou summer. Last weekend we went to Corpus Christi for 3 days. It was loads of fun. Brenden (4 1/2 yr old) wanted to spend the entire time at the Aquarium.

Tina- Yes I am feeling MUCH better, thank you. Nothing like going on vacation with a UTI. Yuck!

Well I am off to work in my daugthers room. (She is almost 9 and going into the 3 grade) Yesterday we bought her a new big girl desk, to be delivered later in the week. She has been using the one Sue and I had going up, it is too little for her to work and use her computer on. SO finally get it back and am going to put it up in my room as a Scrapbooking, stampin, and sewing table.

Sue - Take it one day at a time. Love ya!

Last edited by Little Sis; 08-02-2005 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:59 PM   #5  

Just a quick post...

Sue and Pat had to put Betty to sleep yesterday. Pat was with her and said it was peaceful. Now Séamus has his puppy.

Please keep them in your prayers.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:32 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Amy,
thank you for letting us know about Betty.

Tina
Old 08-02-2005, 06:55 PM   #7  
Susan

Hi All,

I've survived my first couple of days at Middle School. Everyone is very nice and helpful. It's strange to go into a build of all new faces but you guys know me, it won't be long before I know everyone.

Amy, thanks for the post about Betty. I'm taking it very hard even though I know she was sick. I don't need to tell you how much comfort and what a companion she has been for me. I know that Seamus is happy she is with him and they are playing.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:41 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

It's quiet around here today.

Susan, we are all so sorry for your loss of Betty. It's just not fair.

I hope everyone had a good day.
For me, I took it kind of easy as I had a sore throat last night and this morning. It's gone now but I had no energy today.
I took the opportunity to drink lots of water. What fun---but healthy.

Has anyone tried a new recipe lately or tried something new at a restaurant? If so, please share with us!
Old 08-03-2005, 10:02 PM   #9  
Susan

It has been quiet here lately. I havent' been posting much either..... going back to work has been hard but good. I've come home exhausted every day!

I'm spinning out of control with my food. I stopped on the way home today and got a frosty. Soft ice cream seems to comfort me when I'm down. Not sure why, but it does. I have to get in control SOON!!!! I'm hoping that next week when I am taking my lunch to school everyday, it will help.

Tina, sorry you don't feel good. Make sure that you take care of yourself and get lots of rest.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Question---

Does anyone have a fruit punch recipe? I need a healthy one, of course.

Thanks
Old 08-04-2005, 10:28 PM   #11  
Susan

Sorry I don't have one, but it sure sounds good.

Hope everyone has had a great day. It's been a long one for me, we had 6th grade open house tonight. My one 6th grader didn't show up. I ended up interpreting for a deaf family. Someone forgot that their was one coming up. Luckily I knew the people and it was a piece of cake.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:07 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Susan, I'm glad your first week is almost over. Getting that first one done is always a relief. How many students do you have? Are they all different grades?
I start painting our extra room tomorrow. I don't look forward to starting. I'm sure it'll get easier as I go along. First thing will be to prime the ceiling. Wow, what fun!

Jody, you are quiet.
Mimi, how are you doing?
Sis and Amy, please check in.
Tammy is probably tiring herself out about now.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:22 AM   #13  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

Well, I'm new to this thread - but, it's great to read about you all.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:58 AM   #14  

Tina - I have a great recipe that was my grandmothers, but it is FAR from healthy. The base is 4 lbs. of sugar for a syrup. Sue can tell you that it puts you in a sugar coma. Sorry, there. Let us know if you find one.

Last night I went out with 3 of my close girl friends. We went and saw "Must love Dogs" with Diane Lane and John Cusak. If is a must see!

This week has been a good week. I have a new found drive when it comes to my weight loss. It also helps that the scale actually went down on Wednesday by 2 lbs.

As for school, my kids go back on the 22nd. This is going to be a hard year to get started. My 4 yr. old is starting 4K (his request) he loves school. My heart is breaking. Not to mention Amanda is going into 3rd. This will be the first time that it is just Zack and I. It will be a change for him, but a bigger one for me.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:20 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday one and all!!!!
Can you tell I'm happy and ready for the weekend!

Erin welcome to the group. Please come back and post, post, post.

Amy, my mother had a recipe that sounds just like yours. It had 7-Up and cherry juice in it, too, I think. (I've used it at lots of parties I've given.)
I'll let y'all know if I find a healthy one.
Are you doing the school shopping thing this weekend? It's "tax free."

How is everyone else???????
Closed Thread