Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 10:49 AM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls 16~

Good Morning - Gee, do you think #15 was long enough?

Please check out the #2 part of Thread #15 for the most recent posts. Hope you're all having a great morning.

Jackie got home yesterday and then we threw her friend a surprise party last night since everyone in his entire family forot his birthday except for his sister Emily who called me, practically in tears because she couldn't believe noone remembered. I felt so bad but I was at the salon, getting my hair highlighted. First time ever for me. I DO like it though, atleast you wont notice the grey now and I only need to do it every 3-4 months. Now that's MUCH better than dying my hair every 4-5 weeks. It grows like grass which is a real pain in the A**....heh-heh.

Anyway, I was calling from my cell phone held as close to my ear as I possibly could with all of this foil on my head......it must have looked totally ridiculous but we were there after closing anyway....so I didn't really care. I wasn't there for the surprise but the waited for me to get home before they did the cake. Poor kid, he was so happy. He couldn't understand why all of his friends were ignoring him....heh-heh and then whammo!!!! we got him!!!!!!!

You should have seen me out at the barn at 11pm ..... feeding the horses!!!! I had to shine the car lights on them so I could see what I was doing.....we haven't put the electric in yet....just now putting the automatic waterers. One thing at a time. Anyway, THEN noone's parents were "able" to pick them up so of course, Mrs. P (that's me) was a cab driver for about an hour or so ! NOW THAT'S WHAT RUINED MY NIGHT!!!!!! Geeeeeez, what's WITH these parents anyway???!!!! Oh well, it's another day and a clearr one at that....thank goodness! We need to dry out here for a good week or so.

Have a good one everybody and drink that water.......
Hugs,
~Pamela~
Old 08-07-2001, 08:31 PM   #2  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Alright, alright.....where da heck is you guys? - Don't make me get Vinnie Boom Botts to come to each of yous houses to break yous legs. Now git in heea and post sometin....
Old 08-07-2001, 08:40 PM   #3  

I DID IT!!!
I REACHED MY 10% GOAL!!
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!
I'VE LOST 20.4#'S SINCE REJOINING!!

The only way I made it was to eat real light, 1 cup of coffee in the morning and a fat free yogurt. Lunch was a large salad and a half a can of diet coke and nothing else til after weigh in. When I got home I was starving and ate a boca burger on light bread and a bowl of cherry tomatoes from my deck garden. Later I will have a peanut butter cup flavor silouette ice-cream sandwich(3pts)

ALLY, a big YIPPEE!!!!! to you, wow 50#'s gone forever, you must be through the roof. Can't wait to find out what that feels like, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

PJ, wow girl, holy toledo how do you do it? I would be picking myself up off the floor.

Emmy, yes girl jump right on the wagon with me, let's go for a long downhill ride.

Hello to everyone out there in hoot land.

Brenda
Old 08-08-2001, 01:29 AM   #4  

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Punky and Ally

Pj..great picture, now one with your new hair please!

Hi Jenni and welcome

My arm is still hurting after tyhe second shot and I go back today to see what I should do. I did some cleaning and have been watering outside(can't be out too long cause the heat makes me dizzy) I rested it for almost 2 weeks!

Been kinda blue lately cause my new tummy med(protonix is makeing me hungry for stuff I know I shouldn't eat! I have to be on it another month, but at least it is helping. My tomatoes are so good but I have to watch how much I eat! (tummy pain) I'm still op and only one more pound to go but may have to take a break cause I am craving all kinds of bad stuff(med again) hope I can hang on to lose this one pound and then add a few points to maintain.

I have nerver heard of that Flutter stuff! How many points is it?

Last edited by Candicej; 08-08-2001 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-08-2001, 03:34 AM   #5  

Angry a newbie crashing in!

Hey, it's great to find other night owls....and on a WW forum to boot!

I heard about 3fatchicks at my WW meeting today...found this site and this board. Having served as webmaster of a site and a message board (and having had to intervene in a bunch of "fights") I'm so glad to come to a board just as a regular joe, and be a nobody....it feels wonderful.

Today at my meeting I hit the 20 pound mark....I met my 10% three weeks ago, and have another 29 to go. So I thought I'd celebrate by meeting other people here....I've been so grateful that WW helped me "flip the switch" and get into the mindset to lose. At 20 pounds, people stop just thinking that it's just a new hairstyle that makes me look so good...they finally see it's the WEIGHT loss...and it's helped me to stay on program even more.

Sure, I've had weeks where I gained ...the worst week it was 2.5 pounds...but each time it motivates me to come back and show a loss for the next week. Two weeks ago I gained .5, and this week I lost 2.5.

But I must admit, I drink a lot of water, though probably not enough. If I did, I'd be in the bathroom 15 times a day! How critical is the water?

Just after I turned 40, I decided to lose weight as my gift to myself. It's not easy, but good things rarely are.

Thanks for listening to me this late at night....everyone else I know is asleep.
Old 08-08-2001, 09:38 AM   #6  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Welcome Fortysomething - Glad to have you. We're a very friendly group and I'm sure you'll find loads of support to get to your final goal here. Again....nice to meet ya!

Brenda - Wow!!!!! Nice going!!!!! I can't beleive your loss after reading your posts about how BAD you were being. Nice job. Guess you weren't as bad as you THOUGHT you were. Heh-heh I'm going to jump on the bandwagon with you and Em on the downhill ride! Let's go for it!!!

Candice - Glad to hear the new med is working for you but then all meds have some type of side effect as I'm sure you well know. You've been an inspiration to me every time I read your posts. I love gardening as much as you and I just keep plugging away. I still haven't got my digital camera back yet. Don't know if it's "fixable" or not. If it isn't, Art and Diana will buy a new one for me so until then........NO NEW PICS OF MY HAIR CANDICE.

Ally - FIFTY POUNDS???!!!!! I hadn't realized you lost soooo much. WOW!!!! Another awesome loser in the NIGHT OWLS......Sounds like we're on a roll
here.......yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

BTW Candice - It's flu FF er nutt er........lol............you'll find it in the aisle where all of the syrups are. Atleast that's where it is in our stores. Why it's not with the peanut butter, I don't know....maybe because it's used for baking sometimes....anyway. Try it......NO FAT AND NO CHOLESTEROL !!!!!!!!

Well, Jackie had 6 kids sleep over again last night for the last hurrah of the summer.....they go back this coming Monday......ALL OF THEM...........Elem. AND middle school........... I'm soooooo happy. heh-heh.....it's been a loooooong summer.

I have NOT been good OP the past couple of days. I even had a large bowl of icecream cake last night. So, it's back to work today......especially after reading all of the "LOSERS" posts! Maybe I SHOULD have Vinnie Boom Botts come and give me a big kick in the butt.
Well ladies, I'm outta here. Got places to go and people to see.

Have a good, good day !!!!!!!!

Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~

p.s. - Boy do I miss SPELL CHECK.....and Candice - Thanks for the FULL MOON....heh-heh.......that's what I did to Jackie and Vicki yesterday when they wouldn't leave me alone out on the patio........they were in the family room watching tv and shouting at the top of their lungs to stop smoking while I was out on the patio having ONE cigarette. So I got up, pressed my A** against the sliding glass doors and LAID ONE ON THEM!!!!!!! Needless to say....they left me alone as they ran for their lives!

Last edited by PJ; 08-08-2001 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-08-2001, 10:25 AM   #7  
Happy Member

Congratulations Brenda!!
Woo-hoo!!

See? You weren't being as bad as you thought!!

Thanks everyone for helping me celebrate my milestone. Can't wait for the next one! (getting under the 200 mark....not too far away!!)

Candice--like PJ said, it's Fluffer-nutter sandwich. Peanut Butter and Fluff. DEEEEeeeelish! I'm sorry your arm is still so sore. Since you are having cravings, try the Fluffernutter! It tastes like you're being bad, but you're really not. Loved the "mooning" you gave us!

Fortysomething--Hello! If you post here, then I'll be the second new-est kid on the block. This is a wonderful bunch of ladies here. You'll have lots of support and laughs.

PJ--had a great chit-chat with you yesterday. I'm wondering if you went to the salon to have them blend your highlights some more? OMG, at your mooning story. Too funny! My son doesn't start school until after Labor Day. It's gonna be weird because he'll be there ALL day. Kindergarten was only a 1/2 day. Now he'll be a big first-grader. It'll be just me and Ethan (my 2 yr old) at home during the day.

I didn't get to chat last night because I didn't get home from work last night until 11p and I was beat. Just when I was getting un-wound, I thought I'd log on, but DH (who is on vacation this week and I'M NOT-boo-hoo.) wanted to watch "The Family Man." Nice movie.

Gonna run for now....HELLO the rest of you Owl friends.
Ally
Old 08-08-2001, 11:25 AM   #8  

hey guys where in the world do you get these pic's at i loved the full moon
got some really good news at my meeting yesterday after a bad month i'm finally back on track
last wk i lost 1.2lbs but this week i lost 6lbs
i was so tickled at first (looking at the scale upside down) i thought i'd only lost a pound till my leaders mouth dropped open

congradulations to all of us who lost this wk
and for the one's who didn't remember tomorrow's a new day talk to you later
jennielou
Old 08-09-2001, 05:19 AM   #9  

Ok..Ok..it's Fluffernutter..right are did ai get that wrong again and how many points is it?

I did get the PP Whipped PB..well my son got it for me, he lives where the store is that carires it here.

Pj...
Shame on you..you didn't do that did you???????? Tel me you didn't! I'm trying to picture that!

At the docs today the scale said I was down 2 pounds from 2 weeks ago and that was after lunch and 6 glasses of water! So I don't feel so bad..still op too!

Welcome Fortysomething!

Ally....are you a PB junky :LOL:

Hi Jenni..6 pounds! Wow!

I'm trying to keep my walking up on the tredmill but I can't hold on with my bad arm. BTW...I had my 3rd shot today! Hurts like ****(you can fill in the blanks how ever you like!

Last edited by Candicej; 08-09-2001 at 05:21 AM.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:47 AM   #10  

[COLOR=coral]hi guys i'm still trying to figure out the how to get those pic's in my messages any ideas help
Old 08-09-2001, 10:35 AM   #11  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Hey Jenn- Looks like you figured it out just fine.
And CONGRATS on those SIX POUNDS!!!!!!!! Way to go girlfriend! Now THATS what I call a loss!

Ally - I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't get a chance to get back on IM. The long distance phone call wound up lasting over a 1/2 hour. You know, the "I've got a problem" phone calls where you need to be a listener and not say a word??!! I apologize, I really love chatting with you. You're alot of fun!

And Candice - Why OF COURSE I really did it! I do those kinds of things to my children when they really, really bother me and wont stop. They think it's gross but they're laughing hysterically as they're running away. Works really well. Heh-heh
I hear ya on the shot. I have to get cortizone (sp?) shots in my shoulder and knee. I'm SUPPOSED to have the surgery on my knee NOW but I want to ride Missy more first so I thought around Jan. of 2002 would be better......IF I can hold off that long. Her EXPECTANT date is July 8th. But they can have their foals anywhere between 23 days. Their full gestation period is 11 months. Talk about anticipation!!!!
Hang in there with your arm. I can tell you're a trooper......don't ever give in.....you sound alot like me when it comes to doing things we're not supposed to but do them anyway because we love them so much.
Oh yeah! CONGRATS ON THOSE TWO POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Jackie and all of her friends went to her other friends house last night for HIS birthday party and they all slept over THERE! Bill and I and Li'l Billy finally had some peace and quiet. Just Jackie and her two friends got dropped off this morning. They're still half asleep on the couch watching tv and they're all old enough to make their own breakfast.....so, I'm hangin out in here for a while....enjoying my coffee....awwwww, it's so nice when the house is peaceful. <grin> NOW LET'S SEE HOW LONG IT LASTS!!!!!!! Seeing as how the boys have already called here about 3 times to make plans for the beach. All I can say is I'M NOT DRIVING ....... have laundry, sewing and horses to take care of. Let someone else use up all of their gas and time for a change. Right? RIGHT!!!!!

I'm back on track as far as program goes. Got all of my water in yesterday and didn't smoke alot. I couldn't believe New York was hotter than we were yesterday. Florida was low to mid 90's and NY was 100 !!!!!!!! AND THAT WAS WITHOUT THE HUMIDITY FACTOR..... Wow!!!! Let's just say I'm really glad we have a pool. By the time I got back from the barn, I was sopping wet because I hosed my entire body down with the hose. I even drank the water.....WELL WATER......eeewwwwww. We used bottled water and I'm really picky because I drink so much of it. Besides, they really put alot of chlorine in the water here. Sooo, we have a filter hooked up for the frig only and drink bottled water when we just want a glass of it. It's so easy to get dehydrated if you're not careful. And that goes for ANYWHERE!!!!!!!

Well girls......have a good, good day and make good, good choices. I'm going to try and do my best today.

Hugs,
~Pamela~
Old 08-09-2001, 12:59 PM   #12  

Was doing some seraching on my arm and found this healthy eating site, worth alook I think..I printed it out to show to Dh and his mother! Like it will do any good!Duh... they dont care! The know that if its tastes good they will eat it!

http://cbshealthwatch.medscape.com/c...article/151076

Here is a picture of my black cat showing off his one white
paw and his big tummy!
Old 08-10-2001, 11:00 AM   #13  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Wanted to wish you all a good Friday before I head out. I was op yesterday and hope to stay on again today.

Candice - Pretty kitty. I miss my digital camera...I'm going nuts without it. Oh well, patience is a must.

The kids go back to school on MONDAY!!!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeee!
Bill gets off at noon on Fridays now so he's taking Li'l Billy shopping today and Jackie either tonight or tomorrow.

I need to take her to the doctor today before anything. She's been getting her period VERY heavy! She just turned 13 July 26th and has been getting her TOM for almost a year now. Her flow is so heavy, she's going through a SUPER tampon AND a thick pad in less than an hour. I DON'T think that's normal. I had a friend in school that had to go on the pill to regulate her period but that was so long ago....I'm hoping they have other methods of regulating her body besides the pill. I feel so bad for her. She slept over her friends house last night and called up crying....saying she hurts so bad. Right now she's still sleeping and I'm waiting for a call back from the doctor for an appt. TODAY! Atleast she can take Pamprin.......works better for her than Midol or Ibuprofin. Anyone know anything about this area......please let me know.
Hugs,
~Pamela~

Last edited by PJ; 08-10-2001 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-10-2001, 11:37 AM   #14  
Happy Member

Hey Owl friends!!

Candice: Yes, (raising my hand) I AM a peanut butter.....well, er.....NUT!
Ouch! Another shot....I hate needles. I can GIVE them at work, but when one is intended for ME? Oh, dear. You are brave!
Interesting article, thanks for linking it.
Oh, and if you think YOUR kitty has a big tummy, you ought to see one of MINE sometime. Embarrassing considering I work for a vet.

PJ: Aw, poor Jackie! I can't say I know exactly how she feels, but since c-section #2, my periods are VERY crampy and heavy the first day or two and things aren't "all clear" until the 6th or 7th day later. I used to have 3-4 day periods. Let us know how she makes out at the doc. Poor thing!
Hey, has the hair situation changes at all??
I haven't been out to see Irish this week. Been VERY hot/humid here in NJ. (heat indexes are over 100's!! Sh**, I think it was 100 even w/o the "index") I'll be going out prob today and this weekend just to putter around, give 'em a nice cool squirt and "the salon treatment." (probably Chrissy's horse, too)

Jenn--great job on the SIX pounds!!

Be back later!!
Ally
Old 08-11-2001, 12:44 AM   #15  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hi Ally - Went back yesterday and they redid my entire head. I have to say this is probably the first time in a loooong time that I actually LOVE the way my hair looks. It's sooo much better now. I'm glad I went back. So let's see, the first time it took 4 1/2 hours. Last night it took 3 1/2 because she didn't have to do the base color. She DID use a toner and I think that made a big difference but everyone who has seen it (and my friends and family are VERY blunt and honest ) said it looks wonderful and that I should never go dark again. When I took Li'l Billy to his open house tonight for first grade...NOT ONE PERSON I know from last year recognized me....lol.......between my weight loss and the hair...I guess it really is a big change. heh-heh.....I feel like a "hot mama" as someone put it today. Now THAT ...... I got a kick out of. Made me feel like a million bucks.
Alright, nuf about my stupid hair. I was good OP again today and haven't had all of my water so I'm trying to suck down as much of it as I can now. Tomorrow I'm supposed to be at the barn to do some work with the bobcat, filling in some areas that had flooded with the rain and then at 5pm.....we're going to a big back to school bash around the corner. I'm going to try and save my points for all the "good stuff". <grin>...like wine and pasta salad. Yuuummmmmm. I was helping with some of the preparations today......what a spread they're going to have. I'll really have to stay on my toes not to go over my points.

Hope you're all having sweet dreams......I'm ready to hit my pillow.
Goodnight everyone....
~Pamela~
Closed Thread