Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 03:00 PM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Smile Staying Alive on Core Board 25!!

So I thought we should regroup here as the other board was getting way too long!

Back from a morning at Starbucks/Chapters - had coffee and watched dh fight with his Mom (they can barely get along - luckily I was there to contain the damage!).

Dh is now napping - I just had lunch and will putter around a bit. Very hot out today so I will be staying inside. Vickie- how's the pool doing? Would love to enjoy that right now!

Trying to stay out of trouble - but no inclination to drink water which I know would help!!! Bad Froufie!
Old 08-02-2005, 04:22 PM   #2  

Thanks, Froufy. I'm glad to hear your rampage has been slowing down a bit. Even though Core is about the easiest plan I've ever tried to follow, it does feel like too much work sometimes, especially when I'm tired or stressed.

I feel like I've been living in the car lately. We had the trip this weekend and I've also had to do more of the camp chauffeuring than usual--4 days this week. Plus, I have to drive 35 miles to attend an all day meeting for work, with accompanying food. I hope it's not too bad. I've been put in charge of the drinks, but maybe I should bring something Core to eat, too.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:38 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

i just typed a HUGE message with animations and everything. my puter went down for some reason and i lost it all. right now i'm bummed. oh, well, life goes on.

here's another attempt minus the cute stuff.

vickie, enjoy your bubble bath. yep, we're not lost for words are we? i need to start practicing what i preach. you seem to have that down pretty good.

roseb, i'm so excited you'll be coming here in september.

girls, this is a dear friend of mine from canada. we met online and have become very close. you're going to love her.

melissa, are you all right today? i'm worried about your being stressed.

kathy, sounds like you have a full day but it's well-planned. enjoy your ballgame. just think how much cuter you'll be in those stands eating cheese, crax, and grapes. nothing running down your chin.

frouf, i hear you. it's never going to be easy, but we can do it.

angela, your post reminds me of an old elvis song from "blue hawaii." not "ito eats" but one about "i love you more today than yesterday, but i love you less today than i will tomorrow." we could redo this with core in mind, couldn't we?

i apologize if i missed anyone. i'm too lazy to go back to #24 and reread. (that's pretty lazy, isn't it?)

we're getting the grands today for a sleepover. tomorrow we'll take them to "out to lunch at caras park". this is a weekly event with lots of food vendors. they have long tables with chairs set up under the tent for the folks to eat on. tomorrow i'll be taking a ww pasta salad (core) and core-n pones. i'll bet you at least one person asks me which vendor i got them from. i'll be back tomorrow to let you know if that happens.

got to go do some surfing. i'll catch you later.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:22 PM   #4  

Hi Everyone! Today was great, my best friend/coworker was back from vacation today! Sometimes we don't appreciate someone til they ain't there, that's how I felt about Chaille. We taught at the high school together, then she joined me at the academy in december. I didn't realize how much she helped my stress level. We work so good together, I am the idea, thinker person and she is the organizer how do we make it work person.

She is the girl my Mom cooks for also. She eats core m-w at supper and everyday at lunch, but she was not doing good the other times. She is going to go to ww meeting with me thursday. I am so excited for her. Her daughter has been going for a long time.

Frouf, It sounds like you are doing way better! I am very proud of you determination to get back on plan. I still feel guilty that I have someone to cook for me, you are so right about how much easier it makes it. Today I was late getting home and it would have been prime cheating time, but I just stopped by Mom's and picked up my supper. No muss, no fuss. I would definitely share with you if I could.

Kathy, You're doing great! It is so hard to eat right when we are away from home. I have a conference downstate the end of the month and I am dreading trying to eat out with the group and stay core.

Sandra, The thing at Caras park sounds fun. Enjoy your grands. They are only young for such a short period of time. Anxious to meet your friend!

Cher, Sounds like you are going through a really tiresome time. You are right, as far as diet goes to me core is pretty easy, but!!! You can't just come home or stop by a drive through and grab something easy. You just about have to cook every meal and that can get exhausting at times!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:44 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

Well I am not proud to say that I got into the KFC I got for the kids (toonie tuesday today) and then had to "taste" the leftover piece of birthday cake in the fridge - all of which is to say I am still fighting the battle and not doing too well - send in the reinforcements!

Ds just going to bed and dd at the park with some "fella" so I will go hunt her down (just the end of the block). I still have to make lunches for camp tomorrow and I am so NOT motivated.....still feeling depressed and lethargic.

Not planning to eat anymore tonight but there is half a watermelon in basement fridge and I think I will be having some of that later (and packing some in kids' lunches) - maybe that will cut some of the "grease" I have consumed????

Frouf
Old 08-02-2005, 09:14 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Hi, all. I am pooped again -- so Judd let me out of going to the ballgame. I just now was able to get out of the chair and feed the dogs. I'm about to gather up my things and go to bed. I had my cheese and Triscuits for dinner, and two bottles of water. Scale is down some more.

I have my bag all packed for snacks / condiments for tomorrow. Thanks goodness it's the last day; this thing is wearing me down.

Off to bed.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:47 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Girlies! I'm pooped too.....long day. Babysat until my hair appointment at 1:00. I got home at about 3:00, had a snack and hopped into the pool where I ran around like a mad woman to get in some exercise. I feel good but VERY worn out. We stayed up way too late last night and got up at 5:30. I'll be in bed early tonight.

Cher, considering all that you have going, it's really amazing that you lost those 2 pounds. Don't forget to take care of yourself in the snack department!

Kathy, you do sound tired. Hope you are getting good rest to get through your last day at training. Isn't this exciting that you might have a really big loss this week. I'm excited for you!

Frouf, be patient with yourself and don't give up. What do you think is making you eat off program? I really believe sugar is an addiction. You'll know when you are ready for the detox. I'm sure the sugar is probably contributing to the depression and the lethargy.

Rita, you sound like you are high on happiness with your friend returning to work. I had a similar friend and truly hated her vacations. You really seem to have a nice right brain/left brain relationship going on there!

Sandra, I did enjoy my bubble bath although it would have been better later in the morning! I'm fairly water logged today. I'm hoping you are enjoying your Grands right now. My Greats (Niece and Nephew) really pooped me out today. They are so sweet and lovable though! They do love their Auntie and Uncle Jim. I'm very proud of you for packing food to take with you tomorrow. It would be fun to eat from the vendors but I bet your food will be every bit as good as theirs.

I've got an appointment at 10:30 tomorrow. I'm hoping to swim after lunch and then come in to shower because Jim and I are going to the White Sox Game which we have to leave for by 4:30. We're going out to dinner at one of our favorite places near the ballpark. I'll be having a turkey burger and a salad so that I'm full and not tempted at the game. I know I can get corn off the cob with no butter if I get hungry at the game. I also found some dry roasted edamame which I'm considering Core and bringing with me to the game. They kind of taste like dust but at least they're crunchy!

Well, I'm getting real tired now so I'll talk with you all in the morning.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:57 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, I forgot to tell you.....have all the watermelon you want. It'll fill you up and maybe satisfy your sweet tooth!

Angela, have I told you lately how sweet you are? I wish we could get your Mom to get on the boards with us. Would she ever consider chatting with us? Give her my best and tell her that I do truly understand what she's struggling with. I wish her well.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:34 PM   #9  

Good evening everyone! Thanks Vickie, for saying I'm sweet. I'll have to let my dh know that someone thinks I am.

My mom isn't much of a chatter. She grew up on a cattle ranch way out in Wyoming, and is a bit anti-social.

I tried making the mexican rice tonight with the little red chili peppers from my garden. Whoo-eee, are those things hot! I ended up having corn on the cob for supper instead. Of course, I'm the person who thinks medium salsa is too hot, but oh well. Next time I'll use far fewer peppers.

I'm off to bed early, because I'm feeling exhausted and a little dizzy tonight. I don't want to get sick.

Nighty night ladies - see you in the morning!
Angela
Old 08-03-2005, 12:34 AM   #10  
focused and aiming

i just have a minute here tonight as the grands are here and are needing grandma's attention. (i'm loving this!)

ya'll have a good evening. i don't know if i'll be able to get online before we go to the park or not. if i can't, i'll be back tomorrow evening.

nighty night
Old 08-03-2005, 07:01 AM   #11  

Good Morning Everyone! It's the day before I weigh in and I have not had the best week of eating. I have ate more points this week than any other week I have been on core. I have not been real successful with my water this week either, but today I am going to get it good. Yet another doctor's appointment today, but the time is better so that I won't have to go out to eat. I am filling out the application to go back to school (groan) and my son will take it with him today. I know once I start it won't be so bad, it's the anticipation that makes it rough.

Vickie, thanks as always for being such an inspiration. I hope you enjoy your dinner out & the ballgame.

Frouf, sending you "good core vibes" to tackle the sugar monster.

Sandra, hope you enjoy your day at the park with the grands. It sounds like you are prepared by taking your own food. Preparation & planning is such a big part of this batle!

Kathy, I know you will have another great day! Enjoy your training.

Cher, I think I would take something with me. I am always hungry and if I don't have something good to eat then I will eat whats there.

See yall after work, wish me luck on the water!!
Old 08-03-2005, 08:54 AM   #12  
Melissa

Morning chicks. It seems that we have a bout of fatigue going around! I seriously considered not coming to work today simply because I am so exhausted. Then when I got here I found out that my boss called in sick, so I'm kind of glad that I went ahead and came in. Maybe I'll be able to get some rest this coming weekend (thank goodness it's Wednesday!).
With TOM and being so tired my eating has not been very good. Not terrible though. The main thing is that I have been eating animal crackers like they are going out of style. But I attribute that to the TOM sugar cravings and accept the fact that I could be doing MUCH worse (like the chocolate turtle pie that is in the work fridge that I passed up yesterday!!). I went to bed at 9:30 last night and I'm still tired.

Kathy, I hope that you got some rest. I'm so glad that you are almost done with this training! You sounds so exhausted. Even too tired to go to a ballgame!

Vickie, it sounds like you had an eventful day. Good for you for getting in your swimming exercise after all of that excitement. You really are inspiring, that's for sure! Enjoy your day! And dry edamame.

Rita, I can't imagine having someone cook for me. That is really great, you are blessed! Way to go for getting your friend some support. It sounds like you have a special relationship. What are you going back to school for?

Angela, your rice sounds good!! Hot, but good! I hope that you are feeling better today.

Sandra, enjoy those grandkids!

Frouf, Don't beat yourself up. This is one heck of a marathon, and you will get to the finish line. You have done so well, this is no time to dwell on mistakes. Sometimes I think that I focus so much on how I mess up that I almost cause myself to mess up again. I don't know if that made any sense, but let's just say that I can empathize with you. I hope that today is a great day for you.

Old 08-03-2005, 08:55 AM   #13  
Melissa

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you all that Aaron got my website up! It is not completed yet, but there are a couple of my photos posted as well as the blog that I had before. I have many more photos to post, and will hopefully do that this week. If you want to visit, it's www.melissaaustin.com
Old 08-03-2005, 09:31 AM   #14  

Wow Melissa, you're very good. The photos are just beautiful!

And, it makes me happy to see a young person out there devoted to something other than themselves. They call us the "entitlement generation" and I'm beginning to believe it. It's refreshing to read your (and Aaron's) musings on Christianity and such.

Have a great day everyone! I'll be back later.

Angela
Old 08-03-2005, 11:02 AM   #15  
Card Carrying Princess

Good Morning all - gloomy, hot here and starting to rain - like thunderstorms hovering around. Did you all catch that Air France plane that went off the runway in Toronto yesterday pm? I was glued to the TV for much of it as they were broadcasting live...and all I can say is thank god that everyone escaped safely - what a miracle that no one was hurt - it could have been such a tragedy. Must have been quick thinking and good emergency procedures that got over 300 people off the plane in under 2 minutes - can you believe it!

Melissa - love the website and the great pics!..and there is nothing wrong w/taking a day off if exhausted! Good choice w/the animal crackers versus all the other nasty stuff you could have inhaled! Hope you can hang in there.

Angela - oh how I love to get lost in a good book and read the day away - oh how I love to eat/munch on something when I'm reading - oh how bad that can be for me! (Thank goodness for core popcorn!)

Vickie - have fun at the game and dinner out! Will you be "enjoying" your pool again today?

Kathy - last day of training? Hope you can relax at home tonight. Good work on trying to stay on plan.

Sandra - hope you enjoyed the time w/your grands!

Rita - hang in there - don't get too hung up on a less than perfect week and think of what you have accomplished - keep chugging that water and I am sending those extra special blinks your way for a wonderful weigh-in

And I am also curious about the "school application" - what will you be studying? I went back to school a few years ago and did my MBA part time while working - I would NEVER recommend doing that as it was so grueling but I am of course now so glad that I persevered. (and as our WW leader says - think of something very hard that you accomplished and keep that in your mind. I do sometimes reflect on how hard that was and yet I did it and so I can also win this weight loss battle...right???)

While my scale is up yet again I will try to be patient w/myself and not give up! (Thanks Vickie!). I am just very unmotivated and not sure why? I do agree that the sugar thing certainly does not help and it is definitely an addiction - one that is obviously very hard for me to break!

I am at work today - having coffee from the coffee shop (and yes I controlled myself and DID NOT get the special deal that comes w/muffin or cinammon bun!). Having an apple cinammon instant oatmeal too with a banana waiting in the wings if required.

Have packed a core lunch and a container of cut up watermelon which I hope will last me thru the afternoon. Trying to drink water today as I know that will help a lot.

Dh has the balsamic chicken recipe and I hope he can manage that - I will make the veggies and side dish (couscous?) when I get home.

I feel so fat and icky today! ...sigh....

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 08-03-2005 at 11:05 AM.
Closed Thread