General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 09:25 AM   #1  

Default Sucess On Slimfast, #2

Hi all,

I really had a great weekend. The truth is, I was so busy that I only had TIME for one meal each day! It was great just being able to grab a shake in between appointments and errands.

Jennifer, I think you are doing the smart thing. If you don't indulge yourself now... when you get home you'll regret that you didn't and end up binging out of trying to compensate. Like you said, you don't get home often.. these are special treats.. enjoy them and when you get back to Ohio you'll feel more ready to make the committment.

Janet.. how was your weekend?

I found an interesting article called: "Weight Loss Hostility".. it is all about the hostility and sabatoge that women are subjected to by their "friends" as they begin to lose weight. I experienced this the last time I began losing weight and I think the fear of losing certain friends had something to do with my relapse.

What have your experiences been with this?

Later,
Elaine

195/195/140
Old 08-06-2001, 09:35 AM   #2  

Default Good Morning!

Hi Elaine!

My weekend was really good! I feel lighter! I don't breathe as hard when I'm walking from the parking lot at work.

Welcome Jennifer, let us know when you start the plan and we'll be here for you!

Elaine as far as weight loss sabotage from friends and family, yes I have experienced that. My Mom knows that I'm dieting, but for the past 10 days or so she has called every other day or two and either asked me to come and have dinner with her or worst yet to go and get homemade peach ice cream! Thank God, the chilled Slim Fast kind of takes care of the ice cream cravings! Another friend of mine at work will want to start walking with me at break when she sees I'm losing weight; however, this is not a positive thing because she is a chronic complainer! She will be whining about her feet hurting, her hip hurting, her neck hurting etc. the whole time thereby turning a positive time for me into a negative time. Pretty soon I'm thinking about everything that hurts on me too and eventually give up my walking plan. But not this time! If she starts that complaining I'm going to tell her I would rather walk by myself than listen to her complain.

I'll check back later,

Janet
Old 08-06-2001, 06:21 PM   #3  

HI Janet.... you sound determined to stick to your walking and that is great. Plus, you just bought those new shoes! I have been skinny and I have been fat.... I have been a hardcore exerciser and I have been a couch potato... and what I've learned is that no matter what you do or don't do... if somebody wants to blame you for their unhappiness they will do it no matter how thin or fat you are. So... I've finally accepted that fitness and trimness are for me on my terms. I even had someone who I considered a friend call me the "B" word after I lost a lot of weigth once.. and she weighed less than I did. Anyone who chronically makes you feel bad about yourself is no friend.

Did you walk today? I did a big exercise thing yesterday.. so my next day for exercise is tomorrow.

Cowgirl.. (was that it?).. I noticed you posted in the older thread... pull up a railroad tie and have a chat! And thanks for the tips... those are much appreciated. It is very inspiration to see that someone has lost almost as much weight as I need to (I began needing to lose 55).

Kirstin... where are you? How are you doing? Oh, you are away, right?

Jennifer... even if you haven't begun the program yet.. please check in, ok?! You'll keep you revved up til you get back to Ohio.

I'll see everyone tomorrow!

Best,
Elaine

195/192/140
Old 08-07-2001, 12:31 PM   #4  

Anybody out there today? Just checking in.

elaine
Old 08-07-2001, 12:50 PM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

Question Did you notice there are two active Slimfast threads?

I'm posting this message on both threads.

Cowgirl started "Success with Slimfast #7" and there is also "Success on Slimfast #2".

Why don't you gals get together and decide which one you want to keep, let me know and I'll close out the thread you decide not to continue - otherwise I forsee some confusion...feel free to PM me with your decision.

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2001, 08:45 AM   #6  

Default Hi Everyone!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but I was out of work because of that TOM. It was really bad so I just stayed home. I also ended up eating too much yesterday, probably out of self pity, but I'm back on track today. I probably took in about 2200 calories yesterday (I'm trying to stay between 1200 - 1500).

How are the rest of you doing?

Janet
Old 08-08-2001, 11:35 AM   #7  

Hello everyone! I am back from Cooperstown, NY and the baseball hall of fame. It was a nice little trip (despite my not being a big baseball fan.)

Hi Jenni, I am glad to see you here.

Cowgirl, thank you for sharing your story as others have said it is great to hear about others successes.

Elaine, thanks for thinking of me. I was too busy catching up yesterday to post, but I am doing well. I noticed you are down 3 pounds...so am I. Let's keep up the great work.

Janet, I have found that women in general aren't as supportive of other women as they should be. I know it is tough to ignore their catty comments, but you're tougher for it in the end.

Hang in there ladies!

Kirsten

223/220.5/160
Old 08-08-2001, 10:39 PM   #8  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Closing this thread out...

along with "Success with Slimfast #7". There's another Slimfast thread ending with "?".

If there's only one active thread at a time, makes it WAY easier for you all to keep track of each other's messages and answer!

Later...
Closed Thread