UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 09:10 AM   #1  

Cool August chat

Even though I have nowt to say.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:59 AM   #2  

This is going to be a great month (i hope) I want to lose 1 stone this month so that i will have almost hit target. (1st 2lbs to go) I think being a Cambridge diet counsellor really helps me stay on track too.

I have a function to attend at the end of August and what better time to show off my new body. Last time this reletive saw me i was 18 stone and size 22. So she is going to be really shocked when she sees me all slim.

I hope everyones diets are going well, i remember when i was doing slimming world a lot of people found it tough this time of the year when the children were home. So stick at it, those pounds will come off.

Mary
Old 08-01-2005, 01:21 PM   #3  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

This is definitely going to be a good month. By the end of it I fully intend to be under 199lb and my BMI will be under 30. No excuses, I'm going to make sure I do it.* Today's not an official weigh in day, but my 205.5 from yesterday has turned into an unofficial 205 (and my BMI is about 30.3), so I reckon I can do it.

*I reserve the right to change my mind on the no excuses thing
Old 08-01-2005, 02:58 PM   #4  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

I would really like to greet September under 180 lbs, I have 5 pounds to drop to meet that goal. I've been stalled on the weight loss for over a month though so to be honest I am not getting my hopes up. I'm going to keep going to the gym 4 x a week and eat well. This afternoon I had a mad craving for McDonalds fries and a sundae but after looking at the calorie content of both dishes I managed to fight off the urge.

Lets hope August is a good month for us all.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:03 PM   #5  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

By the way, does anyone have any idea of a dignified way to reply to someone who comments on how much weight you've lost when you've got a mouth full of chocolate?...

Caught in the act!
Old 08-01-2005, 03:16 PM   #6  
Super Loser in Training

August is going to be my kick start month, I want to lose half a stone and start eating sensibly and making some better choices. I also want to keep moving more, one small month so many goals. I will do it though, wait and see.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:28 PM   #7  

I'm feeling inspired this month. I am trying to concentrate on my exercise more, and really step it up. I need tow ork a lot harder rather than coasting along.

I bought Cosmopolitan today, don't know why, but there is a fantastic article !What's your sexy weight?" I tell you, if you are feeling fat, frumpy and fed up, it's a real boost, the lightest person featured is 8 stone 9 lb and the heaviest is 15stone 7 lb, all of the ladies featured look fantastic. It really made me reassess what I am doing this for, which is my health, I can look confident and fabulous at any size, I don't have to fit into any one else's ideal weight.

Which doesn't mean I am slacking, just the opposite, it makes me want to keep going and stay motivated. Oh and the cute gym instructor kept following me around yesterday chatting to me, and even came to see me in the pool. Which was quite funny.........I've been invited to a girlie hen's day pool party thing in a few eeks time and I have bought a tankini, the top is very low cut, and I just so happened to be wearing it yesterday at the pool!!! (Wanted to trial it in front of my 70 year old swimming buddies to make sure it kept my boobs safely in place!!) I'm turning into a terrible flirt in my old age!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 03:42 AM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yp - tell them how much and then say, "So I guess I deserve the odd piece of chocolate now and again!"

Kyk - you tart!

Cazzie - you will get there!

Lynne - WTG resisting the Mac D's! The feeling of strong power is much better than the feeling of a stomach full of fries and sundae!

I'm starting the week flagging a bit already! DH is home and I need more sleep! We were out last night and the night before we were watching Hotel Ruwanda till 11.30pm! I shall stock up on the Pro Plus and get an early night tonight!
Old 08-02-2005, 05:52 AM   #9  

Hello to all on this, the 2nd day of AUGUST!!!!
Well at least it is not raining here today and its actually quite bright... Not raging sunshine, you know...but "pleasant!"

How are we all?? Hello to Frus., who is online right as I am ...how is the capital this morning??
I am very impressed with the activities and succesfull arrests of the London bombers by the Met. and Interpol...I just hope there are not many more cells of extremists hiding away waiting to unleash their terror upon the unsuspecting public. A very old and good friend of mine works in Canary Wharf daily and has a long train commute...I know he really enjoys his job in one of the bank's head offices...but one cannot help be more than a tad concerned....

I must get back to the sensible eating plan! Not that I am being terribly bad...but I know I could be doing a lot better!

Have a good day everyone...
Old 08-02-2005, 06:19 AM   #10  
In over my head

I'm working hard this month. Exercise every day, no ifs ands or buts! Walk faster and further, do more sets with the weights. I want to get down to 255 by the end of the month. I haven't been that weight in... 2 years! Has it been 2 years already? I'm going to be 24 on the 13th as well; I'm starting to feel old!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:00 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

Hello Teel! Think I missed you! I am STARVING! Roll on Lunchtime! The capital was looking pretty this morning!

Him indoors has swanned off to Nottingham for the day and left all the washing all over the floor and all the washing up over the kitchen! I'll have to do when I get in from kickboxing - at 9pm! So kind of him!
Old 08-02-2005, 02:45 PM   #12  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I must stop shopping. Soon. The sales are very bad for my wallet... But I noticed last night that some of my size 18 trousers I've had a while were getting a bit loose so I decided to stock up on some 16s while they were going cheap. Went into Next and expected to have to really breathe in to fasten the 16s (I have some 16s skirts, but I always find I fit skirts before trousers). Pulled them on, and they were absolutely fine! In fact, the ones I'm wearing now have a little room round the waist, which I really wasn't expecting. I passed my "new size test" which is picking up three random things in a smaller size, if they all fit, I can "officially" say I'm that size. I also got a new sports bra and some undies, having decided that my size 20 pants really aren't doing anything for me...
Old 08-03-2005, 04:58 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

I think I still have some size 20 pants somewhere!

I have caught the shopping bug BAD! I got paid last Friday, now I have less than half of it left! I've bought 3 CDs, a book on Lacrosse (which I'm going to start doing when the "season" starts!), a powerball, some cordless headphones, derri boots for my bike, both Kill Bills, a lacrosse stick and 6 balls, 2 charms for my bracelet, a corset and I have my eye on a lacrosse bag and a fetish collar (to go with the corset!). Then... I'm going to stop! Oh I almost forgot, him indoors is going out to buy me a barbell and some weights today! At least most of them are sporty purchases!
Old 08-03-2005, 06:54 AM   #14  

HELLO!! Coo I have managed to get into the site 2 days running!!! That makes for a nice change!

Sizing clothes makes me mad! I bought some T shirts from the Edinburgh Wool Shop last year and to my horror some of them were a size 22/24 and one was a 18/20 which fitted exactly the same I also have some size 16 tops from the Cotton Traders and various shops which fit perfectly but as for trousers I have size 16's with back-elastication!! I have yet to try any really fitted trousers....

Its quite a decent day here in Suffolk and when the sun is totally out its really hot but its quite cloudy at times...
Old 08-03-2005, 07:58 AM   #15  
Super Loser in Training

Hanging in there, just.. Am struggling this week with the eating, problem because I am not at work and the normal routine is all over the place. Me and the boys didn't get out of bed until gone 11 this morning, will be hard to get back up at 7am next week.

The eating has been sensible over the last couple of days, I haven't over done it, but i have been eating when I am not particulary hungry, time to look the book out and the CD and get back into it.

Am off to make a shepherds pie for tea with lots of healthy beans and veg in it, wonder how many mouthfulls it will take for anyone in my home to spot the difference
Closed Thread