Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 02:38 PM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Our Profiles~

My real name is Pamela Jo aka PJ on here. I'm 46 yrs. old and live on the Eastcoast of Florida with my 17 yr. old daughter and 10 yr. old son. I got divorced last March (2004) after almost 17 yrs. of marriage and although it was VERY difficult at first...well, let's just say "what a difference a day/year makes. I've been battling with my weight ever since I had my daughter 17 yrs. ago but have been Yo-yoing between 150- 170 until about 4 months ago when I ballooned back up to 203. I've lost 5 pounds and that number would be larger if I had a bit more will power at night and I'm hoping that if I start READING instead of watching T.V. ... that I wont be so prone to getting up and going into the kitchen. If I'm UPSTAIRS in my bedroom, I don't think I'd be so inclined to walk downstairs to grab something since my feet hurt so much in the evening. I'm 5'6" tall and weigh 198. I finally broke that 200 lb. mark. Not a big event but 5 lbs. nonetheless. So, that's about it for me at the moment. I hope the rest of you post on here. It's nice to have a "real" name to "talk to" on here.
cya all later,
Old 08-01-2005, 09:32 PM   #2  

Hey PJ - it's a long road, but a good one, so we're headed on it together, which makes it all the shorter, right?

Since we're doing intros, I'll do mine here as well.

I'm Elaine, 41 (soon to be 42 next month,) and have been with my fiance for 11 years now (it's a very lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng engagement! Mainly because it's so darned expensive to live in Massachusetts as a couple when you don't own property!) Anyhow, I've been doing WW this time around since October of 2003, when I said "you've done it before, you can do it again, but you need to get to meetings, girl!" Originally I had joined WW in the old days of the 123 program and lost over 70lbs. That was back in 1998, and I got cocky, thought I could do it on my own and save myself some money. Funny way your mind can play tricks and let you put blinders up to things you don't want to see. I knew I was gaining back, but kept on saying "I can lose it any time I want." Well, any time never game about until I gained back all I had lost and then some!

So this time I'm doing it a lot slower than I did the time before. Though I have gotten a jolt recently when I gave my best friend a membership for Christmas and she lost 60lbs while I was still piddling away. That was a big wake up call, and a lesson that the program only works when you work the program. So here I am, with new motivation and commitment to actually do the things that I haven't been (water and exercise were the two I was never good about.)

So here I am. How about the rest?
Old 08-02-2005, 04:21 PM   #3  

My Name is Michelle. My user name is a combo of Jacob, Olivia and Mom. It's usually the 3 of us wherever we go. A lot of people don't believe that I am married until the kids ask a question about Dad lol. He works 50-70 hours a week.
My problem started when my hubby bought me a car. 8 years ago. I walked everwhere with the kids and fast food wasn't an issue because the closest fast food place was only a 1/2 mile away from the house but I had to cross a very busy road with 2 kids. So I usually made everything.
When I got the car, I became so addicted to driving everywhere I never walked. Of course I let the kids have fast food and that was easier for me to give Olivia then to go home and give her something good to eat.
Then I started substitute teaching. OMG if any of you work as a teacher or in a school, I totally feel for ya. The amount of cakes , cookies and sweets that are there for you to take is unbelievable. I would go photocopy something and shove something in my mouth lol. So I gained 20 lbs in a year and all of my clothes for work were too small.
So the pediatrician told me Olivia had to lose 12 lbs (really hard for kids) and I could stand to lose a few pounds. Love my pediatrician! He is brutally honest.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:36 PM   #4  

Michelle, I certainly can relate to the school thing! I work at a university and every meeting is a moveable feast. It's gotten to the point where I have set up an email filter at work to get rid of the unwanted "extra food in the 2nd floor kitchen" emails that come through my department. I also make sure I have stuff in my office, so when someone is catering on the floor and I smell it, I don't go running them down. In fact, it was working here that I regained all my weight - so there's certainly a lesson learned there!

You've made a good start, and I'm sure Olivia (great name, btw) will help you along to goal, even if it hurts1 lol
Old 08-05-2005, 09:48 PM   #5  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

I thought I'd add my profile to this fun little thread!

My name is Erin. I'm married to my high school sweetheart, and we have 3 children. 10, 8, and 15 months. We also placed a baby for adoption 5 years ago - it's an open adoption and it's been wonderful.

I'm 27. I am starting my bachelors in a few weeks, and normally work as a secretary in our local school system, but I've taken time off to be with the baby. SInce then, I've begun to homeschool. (I began Jan. of last year.)

I won't return to work until Caisley (the baby) is old enough for preschool, which will be about the time I finish my bachelors. Perfect timing!!!

I've definitely aquired what I like to call "Housewife Syndrome" - I've become lazy, to the point of sedentary. Which, is not my normal nature. I have gained massive amounts of weight, and I can't wait to lose it!

I'm also looking forward to being more active.

THis is a great site, with a wealth of information!
Closed Thread