Cool Swingin' Saturday Sistas

Hi Everyone,

Did everybody sleep in today?

HAPPY SATURDAY, ALL!!
Old 07-30-2005, 11:15 AM   #2  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Morning, Sistas! Well, I'm not off to a good day. I gained 2.4 this week... i guess i knew it was coming... i really didn't eat well....

had a good meeting, though... i really enjoy our leader... doing laundry and enjoying the peace and quiet... dh is at work... dd is in va bch with her father... ds is at leadership camp for marching band...

totally depressed me to change my signature for the gain instead of a loss....
Old 07-30-2005, 11:36 AM   #3  

Aileen, no worries, you'll get it next week! I love the quote that you have on your signature. It's so true!

Yup, I certainly slept in this morning. I went to bed at 9:00 last night, and I woke up at 8:30 this morning!! It was great! I'm going to paint our spare bedroom today. It's currently a nasty peachy/pink color that is so horrible that I cannot describe! It makes me sick to go in there!

My parents are also coming to visit me today! They haven't seen me since I lost the last 7 pounds or so. I wonder if they'll be able to tell a difference. I doubt it--but it would certainly be nice!

Enjoy your weekend!!!
Old 07-30-2005, 11:38 AM   #4  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies! Happy Saturday!

Hi Kitty! What are you up to today?

Diva sometimes we need those little gains to get back on track. Hopefully it motivated you to stay on plan this week. Your doing great though don't give up!!

Well I'm going to the lake for a couple days on a houseboat so I am excited. Need to get the family up so we can clean the car out, pack, and get out of here. Much needed mini vacation. Good thing too, our air conditioner stopped working last night and I can't take the heat, hopefully we can get it fixed shortly after we get home, I know no one would come out this weekend though so it's good were leaving.

My sisters b-day was yesterday and of course there was a b-day dinner. I tried to save as many points for it as I could so I could actually eat but I knew I would probably dip into my extra points, which I was saving those for this weekend trip. Anyway I did pretty good, she didn't want anything too bad anyway so it was easier to be good, I got my plate, filled it and when I felt that full feeling I stopped!!! There was half a plate of food left but I made myself stop!! I was so proud! lol My mom also serves up HUGE portions of cake when we have it and I made sure I served up my own and only ate a small piece, luckily it was really rich so I didn't really want more after the small piece I ate.

All in all I started with 30.5 extra points and still have 25.5. Those should get me through the weekend and I am still going to try and be good, just not as strict. So anyway that's whats going on with me. Hope you ladies have a great day and I'll see ya tomorrow nigh!!
Old 07-30-2005, 11:42 AM   #5  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi steph! You snuck in on me while I was typing. Good luck on that bedroom, sounds like fun!! I love it when people notice your weight loss, my luck is usually people think I have lost weight when I have actually gained and while it's nice that they think that, I would much rather have them notice when I am actually trying to lose. It's a better incentive. lol Hope your having a great day!

Oh and I too really like Diva's quote, thanks for pointing it out, I hadn't noticed it before. It's so true!
Old 07-30-2005, 01:08 PM   #6  
Chrissy

Default Hello

Hello everyone. I usually weigh in on Sunday's, but I weighed in today. I thought I did really bad this week, but I lost a pound. Hey, a pound is a pound. send week and 5 pounds total lost......Congrats everyone. Keep it going.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:34 PM   #7  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

*yawn* Good morning, sistas!

Kidding...I've been up for a little while. I had WI this morning at 9. I just didn't have time to hop in here because I was on the phone with my mom for two hours, haha. And, surprisingly enough, we had a very nice conversation. They're coming down to visit me and my sister on Saturday--it's my dad's 50th birthday on Tuesday, so we want to celebrate with them. My sister and I will be baking his cake...which means, completely without my parents' knowledge, we're going to play with some of the ingredients to knock it down a couple of points. They won't know the difference if we don't tell 'em! Hehe. All my mom said she wanted was, "A Duncan Heine's box cake and a Betty Crocker icing." Sure thing, Mom. But she didn't specify what kind of margarine or oil or shortening or anything. Muwahahaha! This cake is going to be great!

Hey, congrats Chrissy on the pound! Even if it is a pound or less, I figure a loss is a loss, and at least you're heading in the direction you want to go in, right?

Diva, no worries about the gain! You'll just knock it out next week. I just figure the greater hassle for you will have to be coming in next week and moving your slider back down, yet again. Just keep at it!

Oh, I love painting, Steph! Hope you have fun! What color are you painting it? Yeah...parents can sometimes not notice the most important weight losses, but don't hold it against them. Maybe they will notice, but they won't be sure if they should say something or not? Lol. That's always a possibility. Good luck today! Have fun!

Well ladies, it's going on 12:30 here and I am S.T.A.R.V.I.N.G! I didn't eat breakfast because I didn't want to screw over my WI (haha...probably doesn't even make a difference), and then that two hour phone conversation with my mom...whew. Killed me. I'm gonna go get some lunch now.

Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday!
~Amanda
Old 07-30-2005, 03:42 PM   #8  

Good afternoon!

My day has been a total BUST!!! I didn't go to a craft thing I wanted to or to see my gramma b/c DH wanted to fly then had to fix his grandfather's computer AGAIN. So b/c he had plans I changed mine. Well he didn't fly nor did he get the computer thing done. We went boot shopping for new barn boots for DH. I thought we were also going to Home Depot to buy paint and such at the same time, but we came home so DH could fix a tractor tire then we're going to Home Depot tonight. So I haven't been home and I haven't gotten a darn thing done. I can't do any cleaning upstairs b/c teh kids are napping. So this whole day is shot.

So anyway...

Hope your weigh in went well Amanda!

HH-OOOOH Fabric I haven't done anything crafty latley. Make sme want to sew something LOL. I hope you get some news soon on teh apratment. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. I agree with Amanda on the doughnut thing. You were thoughtful. A very Kind thing to do.

Maggie I hope you had a nice dinner

Izzy and Lori, I really hope things are going well for you busy girls. Lori I hope your vacation got better, and well... more vacation like

Liz-I hope your Friday got a bit better and your weekend is going MUCH better. (((HUGS)))

Stephaine- A gym with your hubby would be so fun!! How motivating. I hope it works out for you!!

We luck out tax free clothes in PA all the time. The sales taxes on everything else is lower than NY, but we often have to shop in NY b/c that's where the closet stores are. For big ticket things we shop in bigger market areas in NY, then come home and buy it. Like cars. We went to NY shopped in the larger dealerships that had more to look at and offer. Then we came home and told our dealer what the NY place had offered and they beat the deal. So in someways we get the best of both worlds.

Amanda-Good Luck with your cake you'll have to tell us what you did. So we can try it too!

GREAT JOB on the LOSS CHRISSY!!!!

I hope you enjoy the lake Jill!!! With as much as you have going on you deserve the break!!!!

Aileen-Stephanie is right. You'll do better next week. We all have those weeks at some point.

Have a great day everyone!!! We have a 10% off coupon for home depot and $150 gift card we got when we bought our fridge there. So maybe, just maybe I can talk DH into getting some of the stuff for my office We'll see. Talk to everyoen laters
Old 07-30-2005, 03:42 PM   #9  

I blew my points last night, big time. Not sure what came over me. . .did not even feel hungry. But, as I was preparing dinner, I snacked and snacked until all of the ground beef was gone and then had to take out another pack! Overall, I ate at least 1.5 POUNDS of ground beef. Is disgusting to think about. Was disgusted while doing it, but could not stop. Anyway, that is somewhere around 49-50 points in itself plus 10 points from earlier in the day and about 4 points for mashed potatoes. So, over twice my allowed points. The weird thing, though. . .almost any time I blow my points, the scale shows a two pound difference the next day and then evens out over the week. Today on the scale, it showed. . .167. Get stepping on and off and on and off and it just kept saying 167. Then I pulled out my old scale and it said the same. Just do not understand how I ate 64 points or so and did not throw up or #2 or such and still weigh the same. My mind is boggled. Sadly, that probably means if I had not pigged out I would have finally broken the 167 barrier. :-/ Beef is definitely my vice. When I move out, I am going to force myself to always divide the ground beef in quarters and wrap/freeze them separately.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:53 PM   #10  

I caught myself doing that last night too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even care so much for beef. Luckily, I stopped when I had to put in the flavor junk for the hambuger helper my husband adores. It tasted like monkey butt so I stopped eating it finally. I ended up eating a lean gourmet meal for 4 points for dinner so I could stay within in my points for the day.

How is it we can snack our way to 60 points, but I don't think I could sit down and eat a meal knowing it was 60 points?

Either way HH, don't worry. Maybe you needed some protein? Either way the stress you have is understandble. It could have just been the comfort that you needed. Onc eyour current situation is over you can make better choices for yourself. If you know beef is a trigger food you can find alternatives or like you said wrap it up and freeze it.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:57 PM   #11  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Wink Have a good Saturday Night

Hi Sistas,

Hope everyone has had a good Saturday so far. I got all my chores done that I needed to do. I finally heard from my dr. yesterday that they made an appointment for me with the neurosurgeon for 8/24 - so maybe I'll know something soon. Maybe I can have some kind of surgery to help me stop hurting & be able to move around a lot better. A guy who works with DD told her that his wife had surgery done by this dr. & he was really good. Hope that's true.

Aileen, sometimes no matter what you do you gain, but in the long run, I think it will even out for your. That's what matters. You still did good, ya know. Just keep going for next week.

Steph I hope you have a good visit with your parents. Has it been a long time since you've seen them? They may notice the weight loss, you never know.

Jill, you are probably already gone, but have a good weekend away from it all.

Amanda, have you ever made the diet soda cake? You use a cake mix & substitute a can of diet soda for the eggs, oil & water. Another way is to use a cake mix & can of diet soda & 1/4 cup of egg beaters for each egg.
And Still another way is to use unsweetened applesauce for the oil. Use the same measure as oil called for. Let us know how it turns out.

Misty, I've never tried the monkey butt flavor of hamburger helper. Is it new? How many points?

HH, have you ever heard of the Wendie Plan of eating? It has something to do with eating like 6 days with low points, then eating a real high day, like 40 to 45 points. You still only use your WPA, only distribute them differently. I think the theory is that your body gets used to only so many points per day, then thinks you are starving. So when you eat a real high point day, then biologically, it thinks "OK, not starving, I can release some of this weight". I wouldn't worry about an occasional high day.

Maggie, PLEASE DON'T QUIT. We need you here.

Crissy, WTG on the lost pound, one less to worry about.

Ok, gotta go, gonna post a recipe for some soup on our recipe thread.

Ta Ta,

Last edited by Kitty53; 07-30-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:23 PM   #12  

Thanks for the tip, Kitty. I just do not have the discipline for that lol. I need to be in a habit or I quit or. . .I would be like oh okay first day of Wendie plan. . .will eat high points today yay! And then tomorrow is Sunday, so that is a "new week" lol high point day! Am just not very disciplined heh.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

hi! I was up sooo late last night, I think it was 4:30 when I finally went to bed. I wasn't tired because I took like a 3 hour nap yesterday. And surprisingly I'm not all that tired today

Anyway, I am having a better day than yesterday. I seriously have no idea how many points I ate. I have no idea how to count up the chicken strips we had. But amazingly I didn't over eat. I ate until I was full, and turned down Craig trying to give me some of his.

The cool thing about yesterday was, I was wearing my size 20 khaki pants yesterday. Usually when I would wear them before I started WW, they fit, but were uncomfortable. I'd have to take them off as soon as we were home and there was no way I could eat in them, and feel comfortable. Anyway, I wore them most of the day yesterday, and didn't even feel uncomfortable after I ate (even though I ate more than what I'm used to).

Today, I've done better. I actually didn't even feel like eating until like 2 pm, and then I only had fruit and yogurt. I did exercise (woohoo!) and feel pretty good

Maggie - I hope you're feeling better today, and please don't quit!!

I hope everyone had a great day today!

~Liz
Old 07-30-2005, 06:29 PM   #14  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Liz--what an accomplishment! It's so much fun to go through closets and find "new" clothes, isn't it? I recently was able to wear some capris that I haven't fit into since last summer, lol. Yay for getting into old, smaller, clothes! Congratulations to ya, Liz!

And thanks so much for the tips for cake everyone! Unfortunately, my mom wants this cake to be pretty much to the letter (because it's for my dad). So my sister and I are just going to fiddle with the regular ingredients as much as we can (like substituting light margarine for the regular butter and not coating the pan with shortening). At this point, the cake plus the icing is going to be something like 13 points/slice, so I'll just work my points allotment around that. But, I am definitely going to hang onto these tips so that I can play with them next time I make a cake! Thanks so much!

~Amanda
Old 07-30-2005, 07:07 PM   #15  

Well, I am not sure if I will count points today. I do not plan on feasting, but I just need to concentrate on everything else so much. I will stay reasonable, but would like to make a few things that I have no nutrition information for. Have some good music up loud and am packing and cleaning away.

Found this picture and just thought it was so funny. . .I think it could be interpreted many ways.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/images/b...s/r34516fp.jpg

To me, it looks like the koala might win the race against pizza. I hope all my sistas can win that race this weekend.
Closed Thread