Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 07:53 AM   #1  

Default Friday Fun!!! (7/29)

Every Friday at 7:11 am the local country station plays a Happy Friday Song. It Cracks Me Up!!!! I so wish I could instert it here > LOL

But you'll have to settle for:

WOO WHO IT'S FRIDAY!!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:43 AM   #2  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

*gleefully revels in the great animated icons* Yay!!! It's Friday!! Hehe!

I have a question: why does some cell phone number from Virginia (White Pages can't thoroughly trace cell phone numbers...damn) keep calling me at 7:30 in the morning without leaving a message? *glares at the general direction of the mysterious caller* Twice in a row now...which makes me second-guess my initial thought that it was a wrong number yesterday morning. I mean, who do I know in Virginia? Who has my number in Virginia? Hmmm...part of me is wondering if it's my ex-boyfriend...if he moved to VA and got a cell phone there. Gah...if it is him, why doesn't he just grow a pair and leave me a message? *shakes head* Men.

Lol, it's probably not him. I'm just cranky because I was woken up at 7:30 this morning after falling asleep at 2:30 a.m. And I fell asleep at 2:30 because I just kept having these waking nightmares (you ever have those?)--every time I closed my eyes, I just kept seeing horrific images. It was fairly annoying. But the good news is I read another canto out of The Faerie Queene, which gives me three more cantos left until I'm finished. I just have to push through and finish it. I want it done by this weekend. And if I do finish it today...man, I'm hopping the Alabama/Georgia border and taking advantage of Georgia's annual back-to-school tax-free holiday! Hehe. I have mighty plans involving New York and Company's clearance rack and my checkbook.

Have a great Friday ladies!
~Amanda

Last edited by Calpurrnia; 07-29-2005 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:54 AM   #3  

Happy Friday!!! I'm so relieved that the week is almost over. I'm taking a half a day of vacation today. Yeah!

Calpurrnia, our tax-free holiday is next weekend. Money is a bit tight lately, but I am going to take advantage of the day. I just need a few things. I use to live near the Iowa near the Minnesota border and also in Wisconsin near the MN border, and MN never taxes clothes. It was great!! We'd always go to Rochester, MN or Minneapolis for shopping sprees for back to school and such. Oh, those were the days.

I also understand where you're coming from regarding the cell phone calls. My dad was having a problem with a lot of different people calling him at all hours asking for Travis. He certainly didn't know Travis, but the people kept calling. It got so bad that he started leaving his phone off.

The best news of the week for me--dh said to me yesterday, "We should join a gym." I almost fainted!! I've been wanting to join one, but I know that money is tight (like I said before). It would mean so much to me for him to go along with me too. I don't know if we'll do it, but just the thought has me all excited!!

I'll try to pop in later. If not, enjoy your weekend!!!!

HH, I hope you found a place!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:00 AM   #4  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Happy Friday

Wow, Misty, you sure know how to throw a party...

So glad it's FRIDAY
Old 07-29-2005, 09:40 AM   #5  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Oh, man, Fridays have gotten to be so crappy for me. Day before weigh-in and I am a wreck all day. It never fails, i do well and then Thursday night starts the downswing. Eating those pepperoni and cheese snacks last night really ticked me off. This morning, I was up 2 pounds. I KNOW it can't be because of the snacks last night. Seems like after my first week, I can't get a steady downward motion. I'm only 6 weeks into it; I should still be losing weight more steadily. Not giving up, but I am getting pretty disgusted with myself.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:35 AM   #6  

I am quite partial to cheese, as well. It is so good when you are eating it, but rarely quenches any hunger. Not sure what advice I can give to you because I have not lost in awhile and am about to throw the scale out of the window, but just think that if you are staying even, then you are not gaining. So, if you are on and off and even. . .if you went completely back to your old eating habits, you would be gaining! And that is no good. No good at all!

Well, it is 8:30 and I am so tired that I can barely grasp my situation. So, here I go. This morning I gave my husband a coffee and he remarked that he guessed it was the last morning coffee he would get from me. He said it in a sort of sad way and I wanted to take it and dump it on his head. I just walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. Anything I say right now will be mad and hurt and that is good in a way, but am just sick of dealing with it. Do not act all like you are somewhat sad that I am leaving! Wayyyyyyyyy too late for that.
Last night I made a list of benefits of living alone. It was 3:30 or so, so the list is not terribly long, but at least it is something.

Ran into another obstacle. Was planning on moving Monday so that I could move out while my husband was working and not have as bad of a goodbye. Turns out that Monday is a holiday here, so any movers would charge extra just because they can and my husband will be home all day. I asked him why he did not mention it, and he said he thought I was moving Tuesday. Read back through e-mails and indeed I had said Tuesday. No biggie, one more day for packing and such, but Tuesday I have to be at work at 8:30 for a new project. If I do not show up, I lose my job. So it will have to be Wednesday. I have no idea when the mother in law is coming up, but I really really do not need to deal with her. Just let me move on with my life, you know?

Okay, enough babbling/stalling. Have a few hours to find a place, make sure it is okay, apply, get accepted, get the cash and such in, and sign the lease. Need any and all luck, because I think that I have sort sort of reflective bubble surrounding me that just repels the luck I am supposed to have off of me and onto the person five minutes ahead of me.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I'll be thinking of you HH, and I hope that you find something wonderful today!!

((((hugs)))))

http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/cartoon/1238.gif~~**~~**good fairy dust vibes from Tink~~**~~**

Today is a blah day for me I guess. I need to exercise. But I don't know.... this isn't the best of days for me (its the 5 year anniversary of something that happened that wasn't good) and its just got me a little bummed.

~Liz

Last edited by Lizzyg; 07-29-2005 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:45 AM   #8  
Alis volat propiis

Good luck with everything, HH. Sometimes, it takes that last-minute crunch to break that bubble and get the good stuff flowing. If I were anywhere near where you live, I would offer to come and help. Alas, the best I can do right now is offer prayers and send my support through the "wires." Making the list was good. And once you're out and all this is behind you, you'll see how strong you and it'll feel good.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:48 AM   #9  
Alis volat propiis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzyg
Today is a blah day for me I guess. I need to exercise. But I don't know.... this isn't the best of days for me (its the 5 year anniversary of something that happened that wasn't good) and its just got me a little bummed.

~Liz
I'm sorry, Liz. Sending good vibes and comfort your way too. If you want to talk about it, you can do it here. Or you can PM me if you like.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:51 AM   #10  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Maggie,

Pepperoni & cheese are really high in salt. Probably caused you to hold fluid. DON'T eat any salt today, and really drink the water to flush it out. Maybe that will help.

HH, I'm sending all kinds of good luck vibes to ya.
and a big

And Lizzy, some (((((hugs)))) to you, too. Try not to be bummed.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:47 PM   #11  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Smile I'm still here!!!

hello girls! Did you think that I went missing! Things have been so busy at work this week, and I've been having issues with our modem at home. I have been posting food points, but that's about it. I didn't want you to think that I was being rude!

Lori is still in Duluth, she was originally going to be home tonight, but they are now staying an extra day. I hope things are going better there now.

Anyhow, I plan on reading alot on here over the weekend and get some posts in.
I hope you all have a GREAT Friday and take care!

~Izzy
Old 07-29-2005, 12:51 PM   #12  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Drink that water today Maggie! It will help with the salt intake ALOT!!!

Then you can be like me and do the Potty Dance all day!

Old 07-29-2005, 01:15 PM   #13  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies! I'm done for the week and most likely you will just see me on Fridays, Sat. Sun because of my school schedule but only two more weeks and summer term is over and I get a little time off! YAY! Anyway I'm still doing really good on my diet and my scale is showing losses so I am psyched about that! You all seem to be doing well also. I love this group!!

Misty I wish we could hear that song as well. If they are anything like the songs my country station plays sometimes I'm sure it's hilarious!

Calpurrnia I hate wrong numbers that keep calling, get a clue the first time? Right? So annoying! And I too have tried to find them in the whitepages and I wish they would list them, would be so helpful.

Steph I loved when I went to the gym, too hard now with grad school and a little one but I plan on going back when I get a job, so much easier to put some effort out when you are not at home. What kind of work do you do? Have fun with your half day!

Maggie the day before I weigh in, or even the day of if it's at night I try to get in 100 oz of water, it flushes the system and seems to get rid of some weight, try it if you dare! Just make sure you are next to a bathroom all day and don't drink too much a couple hours before WI so that you don't have all that water in your tummy. Crossing my fingers for ya!

HH crossing my fingers for you too! I hope you can get everything worked out!

Lizzy, hope you can get rid of the blahs and work out. I know you can do it!!

Hello to the rest of you ladies! I need to go cuz dh wants to go get some clothes so I'm outtie!! See ya later!
Old 07-29-2005, 01:15 PM   #14  
Alis volat propiis

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzywas
Drink that water today Maggie! It will help with the salt intake ALOT!!!

Then you can be like me and do the Potty Dance all day!

Hee hee... being MUCH less refined, I call it the Pee Pee Dance!

Oh my, I made reservations to take Da Man out for his birthday dinner tomorrow. It's a place calld The Prime Rib (www.theprimerib.com). I did a review of this place a while back, and I love it. The atmosphere is a throwback to a 1940s supper club; I can imagine being Shirley McClaine sitting there throwing back martinis and having a late repast with the Rat Pack. Such a cool retro vibe. Rented a Lincoln Town Car to take him in style, and we get to REALLY dress up. I can't wait.

On the other hand.... the signature dish is, what else, a 27-ounce prime rib! And everything is creamy and decadent, because it's a throwback to the days before carbs and fat grams and calories were things that people counted, yanno? Even the fresh spinach side dish is made with bechamel sauce!

Shudder... but I'm just going to enjoy because it's not a place we can afford to eat at once a week. Heck, once a YEAR is pushing it. LOL

Thanks for the advice on the water, girls! Will do. Glug... glug...glug.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:59 PM   #15  

Oooh Maggie that sounds so good. I am a carnivore of beef. Very very bad for any of us to say this, but I love places that do not care about health trends heh. Like mashed potatoes with Butter and Cream. mmmm lol

Lizzy, not sure if the anniversary of something sad bad or something mad bad, but either way I hope you get through it okay. Do not be afraid to cry, either. Sometimes a nice cry really gets it out and lifts that weight off your shoulders.

I went to look at an apartment today that was available. And I applied for it. It is a small place, but it would be a good place for me. There is absolutely nothing I can do now but wait. I thought about looking around to other places, but if my credit is not good enough to get the one I applied to today, then it would not be good enough for any others (which are much more expensive). I hate not having any control. There is nothing I can do today that will change my credit. She also said she would get back to me either this afternoon OR Tuesday! =-o Thank you for all the wishes, I really need them to get positive confirmation today.

I got the nutrition information for the frozen treat I had the other day. It was 4 points and I had marked it as a guessed 3. Luckily, it still fit the points for that day. The drink that I passed on (but really really wanted to try) was 11.5 points! That is a lot of points for a 12 oz drink. I am sure I will budget for it next Wednesday, though. heh
Closed Thread