General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:28 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Question PartyLite?

I went to a PartyLite candle party this past weekend, and I am considering becoming a consultant. Has anyone here ever been one and/or know anyone who is/was one? I just want to make sure that I know what I'm doing, so I'm looking for any advice or ideas anyone might have.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #2  

I had a coworker and friend who is a PartyLite consultant and she loved it. She even made quite a bit of money doing it.

Part of her success had to do with her personality, she was super sociable and bubbly and so she had several parties a week most of the time (a few crazy weeks she had 4 parties!). She also has a lot of friends who are consultants for other products (pampered chef, body shop etc.) and they would trade off hosting for each other which worked really well.

I also knew people who tried it and couldn't make it work. It really depends on your social networks, your personality and the time you have to devote to it. My friend spent a lot of time on her PartyLite business, she put a lot of work into it. I think that was the other main difference between those who made it and those who didn't. She would call her hosts, sometimes call guests to make sure people were showing, she would do extra promotions, she put a lot of time into it.

And she loved the discounts! Her home is decorated with all kinds of beautiful candles and candle doodad stuff. She would also donate candles to different fundraising events (we worked for a nonprofit) and promote her business that way.

I love PartyLite candles! I think they have great stuff but they are sometimes pricey so I was never a top customer LOL.

Good luck! Hope this testimonial helps you!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:30 AM   #3  
Melanie

I was a partylite consultant. I loved their products, but found that there were so many partylite consultants in my area that there wasn't enough business for me, so it didn't work out for me long term. Most people I asked about having a party had already recently had one. I know consultants who have made side money and saved up the money they made from partylite through out the year for a family vacation or something special. I don't know of anyone who has made a career out of it besides the Directors (who have a chain of people underneath them).

The discounts are nice, but in order to receive them, you have to sell a certain amount of products within the month (I believe $500). Also, you can't turn in shows under $100 which is tough if you are doing a catalog show and only a few people buy inexpensive items.

I decided if I were to ever become a consultant for another company in the future, that it would probably be a better idea to start with a newer company because there is room for growth and less consultants which would make it easier for me to have more business and recruit more people. I also think that the product is really important.......I tend to think that candles & candle holders are not as consumable as make-up, food or cleaning products are.

I hope this is helpful, but best wishes whatever you decide!!
Melanie
Old 03-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #4  
MrsSandysHouse.com

S/C/G: 212.5/212.5/130ish

Height: 5'7

I'm also considering PartyLite. I'm suprised that no one else has responded to this post...Hummm...

None of you guys have heard of PartyLite Candles?
Closed Thread