Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-26-2005, 05:38 PM   #1  
Working My Way Back Down

Default Exercise Accountability #16, July 25-31

Noticed yesterday that no one had started this week's, so I guess I will.

Yesterday: Legs, and

And I'm done for awhile. Have a city council meeting tonight, a b'day party tomorrow night,and leave waaaay early Thurs for a combined work/vacation trip. Back 8/6.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I hope you have a good trip and thanks for starting the thread. I have an ominus feeling about Ilene's absence.

Today was cardio and abs for me. I hate cardio and feel like a bit of a fraud. This Body Sculpting Bible has a basic routine. I probably could start with the next one but ... I'm ... um ... lazy. So I only had to do 10 minutes of cardio. Easy enough. Five minutes on the eliptical and five on the tread mill. And I only feel a bit cheap
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:06 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
I have an ominus feeling about Ilene's absence.
Everything is just fine, I've just been very busy with everything but thank you for your concern... I had to be up quite early and on the road for my dad's appointment yesterday and today.... My brother is taking two days this week and my nephew one so I have the rest of the week off ...

In the last couple of days exercise has been good... This is a cut and paste from another thread...
Quote:
I had a good long run on Saturday, but I haven't run since... On Sunday I did a good leg workout at the gym so no run but a good 28k bike ride... Yesterday I only had time for a chest workout in the AM no cardio or run, before going for my dad's treatments... Today, lazyness took over but it felt good to have a day off... Tomorrow my brother takes my dad for the treatments so I will get to the gym for some a back workout and a run either on the treadmill or outside depending on the weather. I'll get up early to get a run in...
It's all good...

Thank you Pat for starting the tread, I appreciate it
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:14 AM   #4  

Hey can I join? What goes on in here?
Well here's my story. I started working out consistantly last week. At this point I am walking 3 miles a day along with a daily dose of Tae bo. I do this 6 days out of the week.
Rachel
Rakkoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:19 AM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Hi Rachel ... WELCOME !! .... Here in Exercise Accountability we just post our daily exercise just to be accountable for it... because you know how it is? when you tell someone you're gonna DO IT!! You just DO IT!!

Congrats on your weight loss and your decision to exercise the two go hand in hand...
Old 07-27-2005, 09:01 AM   #6  

Ah Ilene! I'm so glad things are OK. I'm happy for your Dad, that he has an extended family who care.

I'm on to day two of the Body Sculpting Bible work out. I didn't get right out of bed and go to the fitness room tho'. My hips and legs are stiff and quite sore. I'd done a killer legs before I started the book and underestimated the impact that would have on being able to do an everyday routine. I think I'll have breakfast, an ibuprofen and do a little walking before I begin.
I'm sure that will settle out once I get into the routine. Since it's only my hips that are the problem. My shoulders are nicely achey but nothing that will effect reps.
You'd think by now I would know the dangers of starting exercising with too much newbie gungho!

Welcome Rachel!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:21 AM   #7  

Thanks you guys
Well I just got done with doing my exercising now its time to hit the shower.
Rakkoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:51 AM   #8  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Hi, I'm Lisa and this is my first post in exercise accountability.

Background - In early Jan. 05 I started working out (Tae Bo, pilates) and eating a sensible diet. I have since lost 45 lbs. But in June I started having shin problems, which lead to knee problems. I immediately stopped the Tae Bo and pilates for a while - and switched to swimming and some walking. I have since added back some pilates and a tiny bit of Tae Bo on occassion (arms only, but I miss it SO MUCH ). I am still in pain and limited - with a doctor appointment next week to look into this problem. I hope it all works out - so I can again !!

Last night I did a 30 min. Pilates abs and back routine, but only at 70-75% effort because my knees started to hurt again. I'm back on ibuprofin, and things seem a bit better. I hardly worked out (or stretched) at all last week while on vacation - so hopefully this pain is related to muscle tightness from that.

I plan to walk ~2 miles tonight, and see how that goes.
Cardiomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:11 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Hello Lisa Welcome !!

Today I did a killer shoulder workout and some abs... Has anyone ever tried this: put a 45# bar on the floor, add some 10# weights to it, then kneel and roll the bar out in front of you as far as you can go, sometimes I was able to get almost flat on the floor, then come back up...OUCH! I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow... After the weight room I did 30 mins on the bike and 30 mins walking and running hils on the treadmill... I was in the gym 2 hours! I feel GOOD ...
Old 07-28-2005, 12:48 AM   #10  
~sexy chicka~

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiomonster
Hi, I'm Lisa.

Last night I did a 30 min. Pilates abs and back routine, but only at 70-75% effort because my knees started to hurt again. I'm back on ibuprofin, and things seem a bit better. I hardly worked out (or stretched) at all last week while on vacation - so hopefully this pain is related to muscle tightness from that.

I plan to walk ~2 miles tonight, and see how that goes.
I did it - I went out and walked 2.25 miles today, at a decent 3 mile/hr pace. I did a warm-up lap, lots of stretching - workout- cooldown lap and even more stretching.

I just felt SOOO good after my workout, and my legs didn't hurt at all, not even now several hours later. I'm hoping this point to minor leg problems (tightness / tendinitis) rather than large ones.

For Thursday night I'm planning to either do a pilates + 8 min. abs or do another 2+ miles of walking.

AND it was finally cool and beautiful out ! This is what summer SHOULD be!

BONUS - I was totally on today. I met my goals in cal intake (1250), water intake (15 servings of 8 fl oz), and sodium intake (1500mg). I'm so poud of me.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:57 AM   #11  

Today is cardio and abs. I'm going to write down the ab stuff I do for your perusal because in "this round of fitness" I've yet to have sore abs (annoying). I have to take my car (new to me '03 Sunfire) back for a tweek (I got no clock!) so I'll be exercising and posting a bit later.
I'll check in as soon as I get back just in case someone has a killer ab exercise for me to try. I may have a shot at Ilene's roll out thing (ugh!)
Old 07-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #12  

I got all stretched out but couldn't get back. My son thinks that particular exercise is pretty funny OH! kneeling! Eventually I did that and it worked better. It really does work the upper abs on the way back in.
3 set 5 reps knee raises on the VKR thingee
2 sets 5 reps ab crunches 52 lbs
I fooled with leg raise things. My son held my legs up and still so that I couldn't pull them toward my head.
For cardio, I hoofed it up and down the road. Nice warm sunshine today.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:37 AM   #13  

So yesterday was abs and cardio. I did do some reverse crunches and leg lifts (pitiful examples) last night before bed. I had to think of something to do ... I was starving. I think someone has said that before, that abs are hungry??
But I wanted to mention something about doing a decent ab workout for a change. By bedtime I could almost feel heat rising from my midsection. My tummy was actually warm to touch. It reminded me that calories are actually a measure of heat. That we literally burn them off. I'm not sure what I normally think, but this was like a small lightbulb moment for me. I need to generate heat (to be a hottie LOLOLOLOL!!!)

Today is day three weights from the BSB for me but I'm puffy and stiff feeling. I'll do some light movement and flush some fluids first and check back later.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:14 AM   #14  
~sexy chicka~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiomonster

For Thursday night I'm planning to either do a pilates + 8 min. abs or do another 2+ miles of walking.

AND it was finally cool and beautiful out ! This is what summer SHOULD be!

BONUS - I was totally on today. I met my goals in cal intake (1250), water intake (15 servings of 8 fl oz), and sodium intake (1500mg). I'm so poud of me.

What's that old quote about the best of intentions? I wound up at a meeting that lasted after my workday (required) from 4:30 - 8:00PM! I luckily had an apple with me, but by the time I got home and had my small afternoon snack it was almost time for bed.

I managed to get in 20 minutes of stretching (my own, not pilates) - but only because I have a resolution to stretch every day - to help ease my persistent joint pain and muscle tension. We'll see how it goes.

I did manage to stay on plan - 1350 cals, 12 servings of water. My fat and protein ratios were inverted though - oh well

Hoping this good behavior will pay off when I weigh myself Sat or Sunday morning (always first weekend morning after Aunt Flo leaves so as to limit water weight).

Tonight workout goal - either walking 2+ miles or the pilates/abs session I meant to do last night, possible also some biking
Old 07-29-2005, 01:58 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

SusanB -- Are you drinking enough water? This may be why you feel puffy... Weight training will give you that puffy feeling too though, but don't let it worry you...

Yesterday, I was extremely sore from upping my weights on my shoulders and doing that ab exercise!! I love being sore... Yesterday I also went out for a good jog 8-9k or so I was gone for an hour, no weights...

Today, I may, not sure yet, go do some back and bis...