Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 10:38 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default WEEK OF AUGUST 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Good MOrning!!!!!
Everyone must be busy this weekend except for me and Rabbit!!!! The reunion was nice.IT is soo great to see people that U havent seen in years. SOme people change and some do not!!!!

Congrats to all the winners this week and the excercisers!!!!!!
Well, off to cook breakfast!!!!
Vicki

Last edited by RoadRunner; 08-05-2001 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-05-2001, 12:55 PM   #2  
Pink Thingy

Default Not that busy....

just didn't want you guys to think that the "Brit" was hogging the starting of the new weekly thread.

Not having a very good day today, feel really poorly and therefore have been comfort eating to make myself feel better. However, I am going jogging tomorrow morning and will start afresh with the food and journalling.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday
Old 08-05-2001, 02:43 PM   #3  
A princess in the making!

Angry Hello!

Well looks like most of my gain was water. The curse is here and trying to kill me. Why is it food that normally feels me up. At this time I am always hungry. I mean I feel like I have an empty hole in my stomach. I just ate an feel as if I have not in hours.

Finishing up my cleaning. It is so hot here. I did not even try and take B anywhere yet. Cause it is just to much for him.

We had a busy day yesterday and back to the old grind tomorrow. Hoping to get a walk in later if it cools down a little.

Have a good one.

Old 08-05-2001, 05:21 PM   #4  

Pryia: I was just trying to explain that 'feeling' to my husband last night. It is wierd. Nothing you eat is exactly the taste your looking for and its a 'vast black hole' in the stomach. I tried really hard to just fill it with lemon/lime water this week and ignored the empty feeling. I came out o.k. with the weight going up a little but when I weighed this morning it said 187 again so I count that as a maintain (and a huge victory over the 'time of month gain').

We are super lazy today. Its almost 4:30 and we haven't done a thing.

- jul
Old 08-05-2001, 08:58 PM   #5  

Hello Ms Britt~~U just feel free to start the thread every week since U are 6 hrs ahead of me!!!!!I will just sleep and enjoy the time in bed knowing that someone else in the world is awake and functioning!!!!

Jul--Congrats on the maintain!!!It was that crazy time for me this week and after being on BCP the last 15 yrs it is weird not knowing the exact date and time things will occur..I totally missed the PMS-thought I was having gallbladder problems with the bloating and cramping...I had to laugh when Aunt Flo arrived!!!

Pryia-It is in the 70's here I guess due to the tropical thingee and the rain..I am not complaining one bit!!!!

Well, I guess it is time for bed....I want to spend some quiet time with my husband away from the kids...It is great when the bedroom door is locked and it is us!!!!!!!
Take it easy all!!!!GOod morning almost BFB and start the jogging before us Diva's wake up!!!!!!!
RR
Old 08-06-2001, 03:56 AM   #6  
Pink Thingy

Default Happy Birthday to you...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear RoadRunner
Happy Birthday to you.....

just a quick stop by before I go jogging!!!!! I may never return!

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 08-06-2001 at 07:11 AM.
Old 08-06-2001, 09:30 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKI!!!

Hope you have something great planned!!

OK, this week, regardless of how freaking busy I am, I'm going to post my food log, because I can't seem to make myself write it down, for some reason it's easier when I post it here!! Even though my WW week is half over...I WI on Wednesday, I'm hoping I'll have at least a small loss this week.

Have a great day all!!
Old 08-06-2001, 12:28 PM   #8  
LBH

You know, taking the time to plan and be OP really feels soo much better than winging in, or guessing, or just not caring!! I stocked up on Lean Cuisines (they were half price at Shop Rite last week!) I bought a bunch of fruit - apples, bananas, blueberries, oranges for DH, yogurt, etc. I didn't buy any crap!! It helps that I didn't go there hungry too!!

RR- Are you getting hit with any of that storm? I was watching the weather channel a little last night and they showed one reporter in Tampa, and one somewhere in the panhandle, I think he was in Tallahasee. Hope you don't get hit hard.

Jul- Congrats on the maintain!

Pryia- I know that feeling, you eat something, could be a whole meal, and 20 minutes later you're starving! I have tried the water route too, and sometimes it helps. What I have noticed though, is that this usually happens when I'm being bad!! SO if we all stay OP, we shouldn't have that feeling!!

It is extremely hot today, supposed to be 92 today, and in the mid to upper 90's all week!! I brought my sneakers though, because a girl I work with here is also doing WW and needed a butt-kicking, so I told her let's walk this week. I don't want to, because of the heat, but I'm going to try and make it around one time, that's .6 of a mile, I think. I'm pretty sure it was 1.2 when I drove around it two times one day. If it's that hot and humid, we can make it half way around and come in the front door!

Anyway, almost done eating lunch, so it's time to go brave the heat. Have a great day all!!

Oh, ps- I bought Axelrod FF yogurt, because they were 6/$2.00 at Shop Rite. Have not tried it yet, but they are 6 oz. for pt., as opposed to the regular Dannon FF's that I usually get 8 oz. for 2 pts. I don't think I'll miss the extra 2 oz. Will let you know if they taste good!

Last edited by LBH; 08-06-2001 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-06-2001, 01:03 PM   #9  
A princess in the making!

Default Happy Birthday Vicki!!!

Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope it is a great one.

Well I started to back to PMS craving mode. Okay so I spent 11 points on junk. Thank goodness for my 4 point lunch. And I will have a very light dinner.

LBH if I am super good. I am always a starving Diva this week. I have had lots of water and do not plan to go over points at all.

Let you know.

BFB-Hope you made it back from jogging.

LBH- Careful in the heat. There has been to many accidents with the heat.

Old 08-06-2001, 01:17 PM   #10  
LBH

OK, I went around one time...it is disgusting out there!! Came in, washed my face and wet my hair a little (The convenient thing about perms!) Still hot though...headed back to the file room to continue my audit!
Old 08-06-2001, 02:19 PM   #11  
Donna

Hello Everyone -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKI!!!

Well this weekend went ok. We made a contingent offer on a house we like, now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that K's sells SOON. The house needs a little work but the current owners did a lot, the stuff they haven't worked on looks big time 1970's (oh wait that's coming back in style ICH!).

Did ok on the eating front, but no exercise . I can maintain with my diet, but to loose I need to exercise, and I just can't work up the motivation . Maybe after things settle down.

We spent yesterday afternoon finishing up the invites, almost done, we should get them out this week . I will be happy when that happens one more check on the list.

RR - glad you liked your vacation . I just love it up there, we're supposed to go back next summer. The winters aren't bad, it's sort of an acquired taste . I think pasties are one of those things you love or hate. K and I order them frozen from a small retirement community up there and love them. But, I understand you not liking them, I can't figure out why people like jambalaya , and you probably think that's weird. Have a great birthday.

LBH - Congratulations on walking! I can't seem to work up the energy to try going out in the heat. Hopefully we'll take the dogs for a walk tonight when we get home.

Pyria - Good luck conquering those munchy demons. I go for chips and crunch things myself.

Julediet - hope you enjoyed your lazy day. Sometimes those are the best.

BFB - How was the jogging? Hope things are going better for you today.

Rabbit - Sorry about the gain, you'll bounce back I'm sure.

Well, have a great week everyone. I'll be busy, busy, busy, at least out side of work.

- Tech
Old 08-06-2001, 03:42 PM   #12  
LBH

OK, what are pasties??

Update: the yogurt was OK, had lemon. I guess it's do-able!
Old 08-06-2001, 05:17 PM   #13  

Tech--WHat NO JAMBALAYA???? Just teasing!!!!I love shrimp jambalaya!!!Good luck on the house issue!!!!!

Lauren--A pastie is like a meat pie with potatoes, rudabegas(sp??)and meat.REfman said the miners brought them down in the copper mines for lunches and had a complete meal in one little pastry thingee.The tropical storm didnt make it here thank goodness....WE are just getting the rain and a little reprieve on the hotness...I could never excercise outside here..The hot weather just whips me...

BFB--Hmmm..did U make it back from jogging????????

Also, how did that birthday icon appear on my thread?????That is too strange??? We are having birthday watermelon instead of cake..REfman thought I was kidding but I don't want the extra calories after my 5 mile walk/run today..I cut it in half and stick in candles and sing quickly!!!!

Well, off to shower before cooking supper and getting kids!!!!!
Vicki
Old 08-06-2001, 05:49 PM   #14  

HI ALL!

RR - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Cool birthday icon. I was wondering what pasties were also! Glad you enjoyed the class reunion - those can be fun.

BFB - how was the jogging?

Jul - hooray for the maintain!

Pryia - I hate it when I have the "hungries".

Tech - hope you get the house you want!

Yesterday I made this delicious berry dessert - 5 points/serving. I only had one serving even though I wanted more. I sure hope I have a loss this week. Friday was a bad bad day, but the weekend went ok.

Have a great week.

RABBIT
Old 08-07-2001, 05:00 AM   #15  
Pink Thingy

Talking Yep, I did just about make it back from jogging

Oh my gosh, do my thighs ache or do my thighs ache. I stretched before and after jogging and I am still stretching today. I have not jogged for over three years and I was obviously possessed by a mad evil jogging spirit yesterday. I will try and exorcise/exercise it today. It was mainly jogging and quick walking in succession and I felt that I had done quite well. When I got in, hubby said "you were only gone 12 minutes" I could've slapped him upside downside leftside and rightside. I was dripping (yuck) and my face was so flushed it was unbelievable. Okay so it was only 12 minutes, but for someone who hasn't jogged for 3 years and hasn't exercised in over a month, I didn't think that was too bad going and I don't want to go all out mad on one run and then never do it again. But how my thighs are hurting today!!!! I also got in my two litres of water, which is a good thing for me. All I need to do now is stay within my points. Fell down big time yesterday, but put that down to the body trying to recover from the shock of jogging. I do need to do some shopping and get some healthy stuff in and low point "booster" foods for when I have exercised. Any suggestions?

LBH - I wondered where your online tracker had got to. I find when I don't track it all goes to pot, that seems to have been one of my problems over the past month. Good luck and keep it up
Pyria - only 11 points on junk, boy can I beat that without even trying. I used to eat BK Bacon Double Cheeseburgers like they were going out of style and I think they are about 13 points.
Tech - hope everything continues to go well with the house. I know what you mean about the exercise thing, it has taken me a while to get back into it and I am hoping that I can maintain my motivation.
RR - I do admire you, in the face of mass diet destruction (which is compulsory on your birthday) you forgo cake for watermelon. How did you go it
Rabbit - the berry dessert sounds lovely. Any chance of sharing the recipe?

Well hi to anyone I may have missed out, hope everyone is doing well and I will try and do my Tae-Bo today and some inline skating tomorrow - thighs willing!
Closed Thread