Old 07-26-2005, 07:43 AM   #1  

Default Summer Starters 7/26

So, did we all make it through yesterday?

Yesterday, I had lunch at a friend's house so my diet wasn't great, but I was by no means awful. Today is my rest day from exercise. My plan is to work out two days, rest one.

My goal for today is to make good eating choices.
My weekly goal remains the same - exercise 3X per week.

Have a great day!

Jeanne
jjeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:28 AM   #2  

Good Morning - I didn't do so hot yesterday. I plan on drinking lots of water today and trying to get out tongight for some exercise. It's so hot down here, but no excuses! I am going to do my best today!

A promise of a new day

Brandi
Nomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:27 AM   #3  

bump
Old 07-26-2005, 11:27 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

bump, eh?

Can I make a suggestion that we NOT start a brand new thread every day? Maybe just once a month or so, but when moving from thread to thread every day, it's harder to keep up with everyone's posts. We could even start a new one every week, but I think every day is excessive and unnecessarily cumbersome. Just an idea!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:59 AM   #5  
Me on the Left!! <3

Well yesterday was Ehhh!! Dont want to think about it.. It wasnt so bad... but I want to start from Today on!!

So far so good...
Had my breakfast (Special K w/ Soy Milk) & my snack (Fat Free Yogurt)!! Cant wait to go work out later today!!!
Daisy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:03 PM   #6  
Me on the Left!! <3

I decided that Im not going to do a weekly weigh-in. I just cant!! Because I know myself.. If i dont see the scale move down, then Im going to freak out & go on another binging spree.. Im going to do it in a month... Wow... seems like a long time.. but Im sure August 26 will be here in no time!! I have to hide my scale now.. Maybe i should give it to my mom, she does a good job of hiding things from me.. Gave her my Credit Cards cause I maxed them all out.. and i havent seem them since
Daisy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:28 PM   #7  

I think it's a good idea to stay with yesterday's thread. Lots of people there. Perhaps we can start a new thread every Monday morning.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:41 PM   #8  

yeah changing threads all the time is awful-as far as the weigh in goes, it is totally up to you-there are other things in the email like success and what needs help ect-different people weigh in at different times but it is to help keep us all accountable to each other. some weigh everyday, once a week, once a month or just wait until they really think there is alot to show. It is fine. Since I posted on yesterday lol will say again I know I have missed alot of emails so please PM me so you get the weekly check in email for the group.
Smiles
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:19 PM   #9  

Ok, sounds good to me. New thread next week.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:31 PM   #10  

Default Hi everyone!

Well yeasterday I did okay on my goals, I drank 32 oz of H20 but i didn't get any real excersize in. I bartended, but we were pretty slow. I did eat better yeasterday, controlled myself and stayed away from the greasy bar food. My downfall was the alcohol that I consumed after work with some friends. But today is a new day, and my plan for today is at least 32 oz of H20, eating less, and doing my yoga booty ballet. I'll let ya'll know if it is any good. I do have a question though. I am in no way a distance runner, if i were to set out for a run, I would end up running for a few minutes and then walking the rest. Would it be better to alternate between short sprints and walking? Let me know what you think. Good job everyone, even if you didn't reach your goals for the day, don't give up!! You can do it!!

BTW, the scale says I lost 1 lb. but I'm not sure if i should trust it. But we will see.

Have a good day everyone!!
katyiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 306/294/170

katyiris - I'm in no way a runner either, but my PT always suggest that I walk for four minutes and then run for one, walk for another four minutes and then run for one. Then after a week or so you build up to walk 3 and run 2. I dunno, I'VE never really lasted more than a week.

As far as yesterday for me - I rank tons of water and ate well but didn't exercise!!!!! Today my #1 goal is to exercise for 30 minutes.
uncovering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Default I found ya!!

Yeah for me, I finally found the new thread!! I did see the date was old on the other one, but so many were posting there I just went with it. I posted a few things on the other one that I just dont' want to retype...so let me cut it short and say I was shocked to see the scale down 5 lbs. this morning. I stepped on it four times just to make sure it wasn't lying to me I haven't been eating right at all, and even last night it was much higher (with a belly full of food), so I was so happy. I did over 40 miles of walking and gazelle and didn't eat after 8PM, so it really paid off even though I was eating all wrong during the day.

Hopefully, it won't come back!

I see everyone here is doing a great job today from what i've read to catch up here. Why can't we get ourselves put on the little list at the bottom where you jump from page to page? There are groups that have their own name listed, then we could have dailies within our own little forum...but I'm not sure how we'd get listed there, being here a whole 2 days and all!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:32 PM   #13  

well yesterday I drank 6 glasses of water and walked 20 min and swam 20 min so not bad but could do better. Today I drank 3 glasses of water ( but the day is not over YET!!!) and I havnt excersied yet either but em planning on doing sit ups on decline bench and maybe some arm, shoulder and back movements with weight

* nomoto I like the avatar you pick same with the part of the ticker my name is also Brandi spelt with an I LOL so many say Y no I oh IE NO I
Ice Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:12 PM   #14  

Ok just a reminder, weekly email goes out so need anyone's email that hasn't sent it to me through PM yet. Don't want to leave anyone out who wants to be in. I can't wait to get on the scale tomorrow-it is a great feeling for a change.
melissa
Old 07-26-2005, 07:37 PM   #15  

Just a quick question-do we have to start a new thread every week? I noticed some of these groups have over 1000 postings on them. Trying to make it easy for people to find our group every time they need it.
melissa