Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-19-2005, 03:53 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Anybody have any luck with...

The Tony Little Gazelle?

Jennifer
Chamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 09:40 PM   #2  

Just saw your post..

I just brought mine in today from the garage. I just moved and somehow it ended up there I didnt do the moving, and I asked for my fiance to bring it in for weeks now..

Anyway, I bought it 3 years ago and I love it. The first 4 months on it I lost about 40 pounds.. I did it each morning for 30-45 minutes and 30 in the evening.. I took sundays off.

Today I've done 10 minute intervals (3) to get use to it again, and I just got through with 30 minutes.. now I remember why I love this thing, it gives me a great workout and the time flies because I put it in front of the tv... at least I'm not sitting on my butt the whole time

I've been using my bike up until today, it gets my heart going and I sweat big time but the gazelle makes me burn (if you know what I mean) and I like that.

btw I have the gazelle trainer, not the more expensive model. Hope my post helps

Amanda
pinkbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 12:00 AM   #3  

Smile Anybody have any luck with...

Chamie
I got the Tony Little Gazelle Edge a week ago.
And I love it. And I hate to exercise.
I have a lot more energy after using it only a week.
And it does give you a workout.
I also use mine in front of the TV.

pinkbow, the 40lbs in four months is nice to hear.
spirithorse63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 03:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

I used to have the Gazelle, and I LOVED it!!! I lost 30 pounds a few years ago when I was using it, but I had to sell it when I moved into a TINY apartment. I just didn't have room, and of course, once I stopped the exercise, I also stopped eating right, so I ended up gaining it back. I am waaaay too out of shape right now to do much anything but walking, but as soon as I get below 200 and a little more fit, I plan on buying it again. I would highly reccommend it. When I was using it, I was feeling really fit and energetic for the first time in my life...I can't wait to get that feeling again!!!
TatianaHdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:49 AM   #5  

Have any of you ladies also used an elliptical? We purchased an elliptical and my current weight 300+. It tires me out quickly. I'm wondering if the gazelle would also give me a work out, but be a little easier to do than the elliptical.

I don't mind doing my elliptical as my planned exercise but I'm looking for a form of exercise that I could do when I am tempted to eat. Walking, running and biking are not options for me. I know that I'm not going to choose to jump on the elliptical instead of eating, but I'm thinking that I might choose to jump on the gazelle.

Last edited by princess.; 07-25-2005 at 01:54 AM. Reason: afterthought
princess. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:48 AM   #6  

Princess, I just replied to your post about the gazelle..

40 pounds in 4 months was great.. I ate right but not perfect.. I eat better now so I'm hoping to lose more now.. I have a BIG ambitious goal.. and I'm refusing to weigh myself during TOM because my weight is so off.. so I have no idea if I've lost anything in the past week.. hopefully I will have now that I'm back on the gazelle..
pinkbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 07:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

Princess, I have tried ellipticals and they are too tough for me...and they just feel awkward to me. I don't like the movement, but a lot of people love them.

Wellll...I just went out and bought the Gazelle at Wal-Mart today!!! I don't know if I'm ready for it yet, and I really can't afford it, but I figured I have to do something...my weight hasn't budged in over a week. I'm eating right, so I think I just need a more intense exercise. I will let you know how it goes!!!
TatianaHdz is offline   Reply With Quote