Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 04:53 AM   #1  

Unhappy Sunday Chit-Chat (not to be confused with sundae chit-chat!)

Well, it is a bit too late for Saturday chat, but maybe too early for Sunday. *yawn* Is always too early for Sunday!

I have been a very very bad hippo. Have done the unspeakable. So, I will not speak it, but will just say it had to do with an awful lot of pizza.

Well, it is nearing 3 here, so I am off to bed.

Last edited by hippohips; 07-24-2005 at 06:21 AM.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:20 AM   #2  

Had a shower because I thought it would put me in the mood to go to bed. Nope. Am in the mood to umm stay up heh. But I get nothing done at night, so the later I stay up, the later I wake up and the less I get done. I have some groceries coming tomorrow and I asked them if maybe they had some boxes. Will not know until they come, but figured it was worth a shot. Checked for U-hauls, but they are not close to me. I am very frustrated at myself about the pizza. . .is like I have two halves. Do you ever fight with that little voice inside your head? Felt like that. . .like I heard it saying, Nooooooooo do not do it no no no and I just ate faster, hoping it would shut up. Now I feel like the little voice and just do not understand my earlier self.

I am considering a second job at a factory. Factory work is not something I ever wanted to do, but it pays okay and right now I really need the money. Have any of you ever worked in a factory? My only concern is that it would be very loud. Need money but not badly enough to lose my hearing further.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Whats with the pizza binges this week? I still have one piece left and I keep nibbling on it each day... lol I just need to throw it away!

I can not find any motivation to work out... lol I asked Craig to go work out for me, but he didn't go for it Its sooo hot and muggy today. But we have AC... its just not on. I'm trying to find any excuse I can to NOT exercise.

someone kick me in the rear and get me motivated!

~Liz
Old 07-24-2005, 01:13 PM   #4  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone,

Hippohips - I work in a factory when I am working. I'm off with back problems right now. If the work that you will be doing is easy, in general factory work is not too bad. However, I've had hard jobs & easy jobs. So it just depends how much you like standing on your feet, how many hours, etc. And, yes, most factories are loud. A lot of them will require you to wear ear plugs in some areas.

Liz - I didn't pizza binge this week. I was good until this morning. Me & DD went to Cracker Barrel to eat. I had pecan pancakes & bacon. One good thing, though, I didn't eat all 3 pancakes because I was starting to feel full. So I stopped. Woo Hoo!!

Kitty
Old 07-24-2005, 01:27 PM   #5  

Happy Sunday. I've been keeping a low profile today...just cleaning and grocery shopping. I truly hate to get groceries by myself. I prefer to go with dh, but I've figured out that not only do I get healthier food without him, but I also save tons of money!!! Isn't that funny?

Has anyone else's family members also lost weight because you're following WW? Ironically, my husband has lost more than me! It ticks me off in a way, because here I am trying and he just eats everything in sight (as usual) but this time everything in sight is healthier (again, because I did the shopping!). He has more weight to lose than me, but still. He is 6'0" and weighs 230...he's down from 240 without even trying. He told my mom that now he only eats 1 bag of potato chips a week. I want to strangle him!

My mom worked in a factory for a while. Like Kitty said, it really depends on what job you're doing. My mom worked in a place that made car parts, and some jobs were easy and some were horrible.

Hippo, did you get any boxes with your groceries? I hope so! I also hope you can get to sleep tonight. That sucks!
Old 07-24-2005, 03:25 PM   #6  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies I've been MIA too but it was a one week thing, as I said before I was helping my mom at our county fair. She caters for the entertainers that come to sing so it's a pretty good time. Ony problem is that we are surrounded by good food ALL day long. However I was really good but knew it would be a struggle for me when I was there all day yesterday so I let myself enjoy without points but didn't go overboard. I still had over half of my flex points so I am saying that I used most of them yesterday. I'm back on track counting points today and my hubby just went to get me a subway sandwich for 5 points, don't know what I will eat the rest of the day but I know I will enjoy my sandwich. Need to go grocery shopping though cuz we don't have ANYTHING!

Some new concepts for me when it comes to weight watchers is: 1) stop eating when your full hmmmmmmmmmm that's interesting lol and 2) only eat when you are hungry that's a new one too. Of course I am being sarcastic but those are two things that I have problems with and I suspect many of you might have as well. It's so basic but something I've always struggles with. I know how to make good choices and I do most of the time, it's the quantity I eat and the fact that I'm not even hungry that cause me to gain.

Steph I'm right there with you on the grocery shopping along. I like it when dh comes with but know I can get away with a lot cheaper bill and healthier things if he doesn't go. Kind of funny!

Hippo, I know that when I am stressed about things other than diet it's hard to want to be good. I still think you should try and make healthy choices and such but don't beat yourself up over it, what your going through is taking it's toll and having to worry about your mistakes as far as WW goes is not something I think you need to add to your stress level. Anyway that was my little 2 cents lol. I hope you can find some boxes and that the job works out for you.

Lizzie I just e-kicked you in the rear! Hope that got you going!

Kitty as I was saying before, the stopping when you are full thing is new to me but what a great thing huh? lol Good for you!

Well I've been on and off typing this for an hour and need to get going on homework, bills, laundry and watering my garden. Have a great day ladies!
Old 07-24-2005, 04:26 PM   #7  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzyg
Whats with the pizza binges this week? I still have one piece left and I keep nibbling on it each day... lol I just need to throw it away!

I can not find any motivation to work out...
You remember those old cartoons where riders of donkeys held a stick with a carrot dangling off of it just far enough in front of the donkey to make the donkey think he could get it, but always out of reach, so the donkey would keep going and going? Well if Domino's teamed up with the treadmill companies. . .
I hate when it is muggy yick. Go work out. Do it. NOW! heh Then you will have a great excuse for a nice coool shower-how refreshing!

Kitty, great job with the pancakes!

Thanks for all the advice regarding factories. Seems like I would be wise to visit the factory before accepting or denying the position. My mother worked at a factory for some kind of appliances and she hated it soooo much. This one is a bread factory, so it might be a bit different. Got me. Will keep you updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowasteph2
Happy Sunday. I've been keeping a low profile today...just cleaning and grocery shopping. I truly hate to get groceries by myself. I prefer to go with dh, but I've figured out that not only do I get healthier food without him, but I also save tons of money!!! Isn't that funny?

Hippo, did you get any boxes with your groceries? I hope so! I also hope you can get to sleep tonight. That sucks!
I hate shopping alone, too. Having to carry everything and such yuck. In the city, though, my choices are to make several trips by train to a decent store, go to the grocery store right below my building and pay 25-35% more on every little thing, or order online and pay $10 delivery (and tips). I go for the third when I can. . .beats trying to carry everything. *shudders-just thinking about red plastic bag marks all over my arms!* I am very very bad shopping by myself. Just can not stick to the list. Have to get everything that is on sale and everything that is good and since no one is around, lots of tasty treats! Good to hear that you can stick to healthy!!!

Oooh and I hate how easily guys can lose weight. My husband does noooo exercise. He sits all day and night and eats more than before because I am not eating the bad stuff. Yet, every month or so, suddenly ten pounds gone! lol

Will know about the boxes sometime in the next three hours. Am keeping my fingers crossed. The only thing is I have no cash to tip the delivery people with. You can not add it to the bill and there are 2-3 of them. :-/ Too bad I do not have any cookies. . .used to tip people with cash and cookies lol.

Thanks, Bayley's! I sure would love to blame my pizza fiesta on stress, but it was really just a bad bad craving lol. How was the first week of school?

Most things I read say that when you are eating, you should not be watching tv or on the computer or such. . .you should be focused on the food. I have tried this, but being a busy person (and who is not these days?!), I tended to eat faster because I had to get back to whatever I was doing. Now, when I think about it and have kitty clearance, I go ahead with whatever I am doing, but put the food in another corner of the room (noooo right now I am not an "everybody sit down at the table for dinner" kind of girl!) and then go and take a bite, return, then go have some more, et cetera. Works well for me, and then (since it takes me longer to eat) I can feel when I am full sooner. Is funny how different things can taste depending on the circumstances. Like the pizza I had yesterday was great, but today when I have budgeted for it. . .will taste so much better. And if you eat an apple, it is okay. . .but if you slice it up and snack on it for an hour or so. . .just feels so tasty and refreshing!
Old 07-24-2005, 05:40 PM   #8  

I did work out finally woohoo I did the full work out, for 40 mins, and then crunches after. So thank you all who kicked me in the butt lol

But, I ruined it all by eating too much. I'm at 29.5 pts already, and I still have dinner to eat! I messed up big time today. Oh well... cant do anything about it now I guess.

Quote:
You remember those old cartoons where riders of donkeys held a stick with a carrot dangling off of it just far enough in front of the donkey to make the donkey think he could get it, but always out of reach, so the donkey would keep going and going? Well if Domino's teamed up with the treadmill companies. . .

Craig can lose weight easily too. He was running almost every day with our puppy, and he lost like 5 lbs in a week. Last night he was eating double stuffed oreos with (my!!) FF cool whip. I could gain 10 lbs just thinking about eating that. And it wasn't just a few cookies, it was like almost the whole package. guys

~Liz
Old 07-24-2005, 05:50 PM   #9  

Liz, glad to hear you made the workout! I have a very bad attitude and once I think "nah, not going to do it", the chance I will change my mind back is slim to none. Is there something really low in points that you could have for dinner? Maybe a big salad or a veggie casserole?
Old 07-24-2005, 06:00 PM   #10  

I bought a TON of fruit this week, but completely forgot to get veggies.

I think we're going to have chicken tonight, and thankfully chicken breasts are low in points. But still, I want to make my goal this time, and I have about 2.5 weeks to loose 7 lbs. I know its doable, but not if I keep going over my points, and have to fight myself to work out. ugh. I need to stay motivated... maybe I'll just make a low point smoothie, and have that for dinner. Its not like I haven't ate enough today anyway.

~Liz
Closed Thread