Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 06:53 AM   #1  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Tuesday talk!

Good morning, Everyone! I have not been able to get on the computer in a day or so and boy, have I missed you guys! What's been going on??

I had a really bad eating day yesterday. I was stressed out pretty badly over the weekend and just kind of blew it yesterday. I mean, I was still able to pass on the Krispy Kreme donuts and the chocolate, etc., that they offered at work at our ridiculously long, 4 hour training that seemed to go on for days (and part 2 of that is tomorrow..ugh), but for dinner I had a huge plate of chicken parmesan. Ah, well, today is another day, right?

<singing> I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go....

Hugs, Ladies!
Old 07-19-2005, 07:07 AM   #2  

OOPS Dive we must have started threads at the very same time LOL! Well We'll use yours How have you been? Today is a new day so don't fret about those extra points. maybe you can pack a better snack for the LOOOOOONG training? That way you don't have to give in b/c of hunger. GREAT JOB ON PASSING IT UP THOUGH!!!!!

Jill- I am so glad your classes went well. Juggling childcare can be tricky can't it? Have fun at your meeting tonight. Mine is at 6:15. I will probably leave home by 5:45 if I can so I can get gas first. Depends on if DH remembers to come home this week. Last week I ahd to take teh kdis with me so I could just weigh in and leave.

Hippohips-OP means On Point You have the best attitude! With that sunny outlook you will certainly be able to succeed. Plus we'll be here to help

We haven't heard from Amanda or Andrea in a couple days. HMMMMM? Amanda did post Saturdays menu I think, she said she had been reading.

Well I am off to clean, do laundry, pick yet more of those berries, and all those lovely things that make up my days Have a wonderful day everyone

Last edited by MistySeptember; 07-19-2005 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:56 AM   #3  

Good morning!! It's a hot one already outside. I'm looking forward to fall weather!

Hippohips, you're an inspiration. You're dealing with everything so well. After this, everything will seem easy for you.

I lost 1.2 pounds at my weigh-in last night. I'll take it, because I know that I was naughty most of the weekend. My goal is to lose more than 2 pounds this week. I CAN DO IT!

Have a good day, everybody!!! I'll check in again later.

Stephanie
Old 07-19-2005, 09:47 AM   #4  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Stephanie... AWESOME job on the weigh-in this week! Congratulations!

HippoHips: I think I missed the post where you talked about all that's going on in your life, but I am getting the gist of it. You really are an inspiration. And as uncontrollable as everything else must seem, at least you know that you can be in control of your health, eating and weight loss. Take some comfort in that, as well as in the fact that there are a bunch of us here who are rooting for you to succeed (at the scale and in life) and are here for you.

I hope you don't mind me being this forward with my thinking about things you wrote about your hubby and how you were feeling when he was sick. I heard a lot of concern about his health in your writing, which is natural and shows that you are a loving soul. I mean, in spite of the marital troubles, he is a person that you care about. But I also heard a lot of concern about how he would interpret the things you do and don't do or say and don't say. Hon, you can drive yourself crazy with that. You need to be yourself, follow your instincts and not beat yourself up over how he might react to something some time in the future. You expressed concern for him; you tried to get him to see a doctor. You did your part; he's a big boy and can make his own choices. If he chose not to take you up on your offers to help and, worse, would choose in the future to either a) accuse you of trying to "trick" him by being nice or b) accuse you of not caring because you didn't express enough concern, then it's HIS karma, not yours, that will suffer. You found yourself in an emotional catch-22 -- damned if you do and damned if you don't -- and you shouldn't have to deal with that. That's why, in the end, you can only do what your heart tells you to do and let the chips fall where they may. I hope I didn't overstep my bounds here. But I've been in this position, and I learned the hard way. I nearly ate myself alive trying to do what was "right." I know things seem so bleak right now but, trust me, you will survive, no matter what. {{{HH}}}

Oh, and what a great idea for keeping the stress demon at bay during interviews. I bet you could also do it was a tissue sprtized with some lavender, which is a great relaxation scent.

Diva: Good for you for resisting the demon sugar at your training! And you touched on what is perhaps the best thing about WW. Every day IS a new day. You can atone for your "sins" and start fresh every AM. I was starving last night after I finished all my points (and all my flex points are gone too from the weekend). I stopped myself three times from going downstairs and pigging out with this thought: Tomorrow morning, when I wake up, I'll have 30 new points to play with.

Misty, I love your posts! The blueberry-lime jelly sounds kind of unusual. Is it tasty? Those aren't two flavors I would think about putting together! Oh, all the blueberry talk reminds me of one of my fave treats: Frozen blueberries in a cup with ff milk poured over them. The milk gets all freezy, and it all winds up like some freaky sorbet thing. Low points, plus lots of fiber and calcium.

You all are so great about keeping up with each other's posts. I suck, and I'm sorry. It's so hard to write anything meaningful here at work. No one seems to respect a closed office door! And when I get home, my computer is in the un-air-conditioned living room and my air conditioner is in the bedroom. Guess where I hide out? But please know that I am reading, posting when I can and I always, every day, include each and every one of you in my prayers, both for your weight loss goals and lives in general. I'm so thrilled that we all joined to gether like this.

Have a great day everyone. I have a special eating challenge in that we have a company luncheon today, which usually means hoagies, pasta salad, green salad and cookies. Wish me luck. I'm thinking half a turkey hoagie (hope they put the mayo on the side) and some green salad. Maybe a cookie.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:14 AM   #5  

Hello all!

Maggie don't worry about keeping up. I am lucky b/c I stay home. Sometimes the kids are horrific and I can't breathe let alone sit at the computer. Somedays like today they are all sitting quietly playing. Well except the one in time out for biting for the 5th times since 8 am. Seriously, I'm at the end of my rope with this kid. He bites 10 times a day. He would have been kicked out of a daycare by now. He's bit both my kids and broke the skin. He bit my son so bad he was bleeding all over. My son was only 6 months old, seriously what could a 6 month old do to provoke that? he was just sitting in his Johnny Jump up. Anyway....my whole point was I get the chance to take breaks where as you don't. Good luck today! It's good you have a plan. Also great job not going back to eat last night!!!

The jam turned out pretty good. It seems a bit runny so maybe I did something wrong, but it tastes good and all the jars sealed so if nothing else I can call it sauce LOL. I haven't opned any jars yet to see the exact consistency. I too thought it was an odd combination. It was a recipe from the Ball Blue Book...the everything guide to preserving. It was the easiest recipe I could find so that's why I chose that one LOL.

Stephanie Great job on the loss!!

Ok Guess I better go have a talk with the time outer. Problem is he's way behind in his language skills I could talk til I pass out and he's still gonna bite. But consistency and patience will win out in the end... I keep telling myself this. But let me tell ya, this is sooooo not worth the $150 a week I make. If they attended the only daycare center in town thier mom would pay $840 a month whether they were there or not and she would have to provide food. She pays me $600 if thay are here everyday (if tehya ren't I don't get paid) and I provide all the food. Anyway guess every job has it's downers right? Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-19-2005, 10:28 AM   #6  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey just a quickie from me since I am running late and need breakfast. Just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone and to tell everyone to have a good day! I have an hour lunch break so will probably try to post more then. Thanks for being here ladies!!
Old 07-19-2005, 11:03 AM   #7  
Alis volat propiis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistySeptember
It was a recipe from the Ball Blue Book
Oh, damn! I thought that said the "Blue Ball Book," and I spit coffee onto my computer screen. I love it when something can make me laugh that hard!

And since I'm already feeling ornery, let me just say that, Jill, it's always good to squeeze in a quickie whenever you can! On that note, it's back to work for me before someone washes my mouth out with soap -- I wonder how many points that is?
Old 07-19-2005, 11:11 AM   #8  

Thanks, guys. Is interesting to see others' perspectives. As far as my husband, I got both sides of the catch-22. Will not go into it too deeply, but basically he was doing something that really hurt me and then he blamed me for bothering him too much. . .so I stayed away and then when he went to bed, you know the drill. I am getting numb to it. I just want to get out and remember the good. I can have grand delusions of him running down to the moving truck, begging me to stay, but when it comes down to it, it is very apparent in that really dark place of my heart that is barely deserving of being a part of my heart, that it is over. There are things he does on a daily basis that prove not only is there no love left from his side, but he just does not care. He is home again today (but back to too sick to go to work, not too sick to play computer games), so my independent packing day is shot. So, I am going to go and search for boxes from local vendors.

Diva, great job passing up those doughnuts and chocolate!!! Whenever I make a big meal that is going to go over my points, I try to save half or a quarter of it for a snack for another day. (Emphasis on -try-.) If you can next time, serve, and then wrap and /freeze/ the rest before starting to eat what you have.

I wonder if Amanda is engrossed in Harry Potter? We may just have to hunt she and Andrea down! Would hate to find that they have been hiding in the closet all weekend with a box of TastyKakes!!!

iowa, you are half way to your Labor Day goal! You should have no trouble at all making it!

Bayleys, keep us updated! How is school going so far? Is it like you hoped?
Old 07-19-2005, 11:24 AM   #9  
Alis volat propiis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippohips
I can have grand delusions of him running down to the moving truck, begging me to stay, but when it comes down to it, it is very apparent in that really dark place of my heart that is barely deserving of being a part of my heart, that it is over.
This is the part that is going to save your life. This is where you will draw your strength from. When you no longer need it, it will go away.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:07 PM   #10  

Ladies good insight here! It is so wonderful that we have this space to vent and to get encouraged. I really appreciate all the comments!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:21 PM   #11  

Sounds as though everyone is having a good day. I worked yesterday but have today and tomorrow off. Went to the library after work yesterday and have spent the day reading. When I start a good book that pretty well takes care of the next few hours. Did change the bed and do a couple loads of laundry but that was the sum-total of my ambition! Oh, and I did walk early this morning.

Misty - Be glad for that rain. I wish we'd get some. It's so dry here that they have burning bans (no campfires) in all the parks, etc. Even the weeds have given up in the lawns, so at least I don't have to mow when it's so hot. Your blueberry syrup & jelly sound good. We're lucky here in that we can often find berries on sale for $1 a pint so I enjoy them fresh all season.

Amy - Good idea on the WW cookbook. I've been jotting down recipes in a little notebook, but should actually start a binder.

Good job on the weigh in, IaSteph!!! Any loss is a good loss! Hope your weigh-in goes well tonight, Misty.

Hippo - Just hang in there girl. It sounds as though August is going to be a tough time for you, but just think how much better everything will be once it's over. And having your own place will be exciting. There are disadvantages to living alone, but sometimes I like it ... like today when I felt lazy!!!

Well, I'm off to fix a salad for dinner. Was hungry at noon so ate my "big" meal of the day then, so a salad and some fruit will be fine for tonight.

Bev
Old 07-19-2005, 06:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Cramps are gone, thank goodness! I drugged up on motrin, and that took care of it.

My interview went pretty good, thank you for the good vibes. It was short, but they are going to be calling me back Aug 1 to set up a working interview, so we'll see how it goes. Its for a dental assistant position that is closer to home.

Hippo - ((((hugs))) I'm sorry that you have to deal with that crap from him. I have always found that if someone is saying they are too sick to go to work, but can stay at home and play video games, they probably aren't all that sick. Good luck with your move, and I really hope that everything works out for you. You deserve the best!

Woohooo Steph! Great job on the loss!!

Diva - great job at staying away from the KK's. Those are sooo hard to pass up!

I did not get up and work out, I was sooo tired, but I walked at lunch, so that was good. I will get up tomorrow though and work out. This stupid period just takes all my energy away. I've always had cramps though, since I first started it, and I hate it. Even when I was on the pill, it didn't help all that much. ugh, my body... lol don't get me started

~Liz
Old 07-19-2005, 07:54 PM   #13  

Hi all! I just got back from my meeting. I am down 2 pounds! Making it a total of 6.5 in two weeks! YAY!!

Lizzy-glad your are feeling better! I'm also glad the interview went well.

Bev-I too love to read. I am in need of some new stuff. A trip to the library sounds like a good idea. There are several books by Janet Evonovich I am looking for. She's funny. Great Job on the walking!

Maggie you crack me up. I had to reread what I typed just to make sure I got it right! I wouldn't be surprised if I typed the other!

Bayley's Mom hope you had a good day. I don't know how you do it!

Well I am off to bed. I am tried beyond tired. Screamed at my poor husband for no good reason really. We were fighting about the cable service, of all the dumb things. So gonna hit teh hay early and hope for a better attitude tomarrow.

~misty
Old 07-20-2005, 12:07 AM   #14  

Hey, sistas. Today was nothing much. I walked to DQ and back which was about 20 minutes (10 each way). Also got my walk to work, during break, and from work for another 70 minutes. If I figured it correctly, that gives me 3.5 bonus points. Not going to use any of them, though, because they never seem to actually be there hrmm.

I think all of the weight I am losing may just be off of my feet. . .was not aware that each foot weighed 6.5 pounds more a few months ago, but none of my shoes fit anymore! When I was walking from DQ, my laced platform sneaker came right off on a crosswalk, as if I was wearing flipflops! I wore my other flat sneakers to work and could barely keep them on coming home. . .felt like I was Tinkerbell in Ronald McDonald's shoes! Very bizarre. Might have to wear double socks tomorrow. . .or double-sided tape. :-p

On the way to work, I stopped at this chain called Jugo Juice. They have clear cups with their logo which is wonderful advertising. . .always see people walking around with the cups and think mmm that looks good. Could not believe it was $5 for a smoothie, but knew it was only 4 points so got one anyway. Was very big and definitely worth every penny. Mmm. Also so very filling! That 4 points was much more filling than the 18 points I spent earlier!!

Have any of you ever tried wheatgrass? I heard it is supposed to be like 3 servings of veggies in 1 ounce or such. Very curious about this stuff. Just not curious enough to look up anything on my own. *grins*
Old 07-20-2005, 01:01 AM   #15  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey I started WW today and love it!! So excited, however extremely busy with school so a short one for me again, not sure I am EVER going to say quickie again with Maggie around!! LMAO that was too funny! Anyway I weighed in at 150 and my 10% goal and ultimate goal are 135 so that's exciting. I hope I can do well on this. Well I feel really bad but it's 10:00 and I have about 3 hours of homework ahead and need to get going. I should be able to budget my time better tomorrow so I can get here more. I need you guys!! Hope to be back soon!

Last edited by Bayleysmom; 07-20-2005 at 02:33 AM.
Closed Thread