Old 07-17-2005, 09:18 AM   #1  

Default Need help with LA Weighloss

I have been on the program for about 1 year, in the first 7 months I lost 22 pounds, but now I am at a stand still. I don't know what to do, they are not offering me any other advise at the center. They changed my plan about a month ago from gold to blue, and still nothing. I keep teetering between 150 and 153, I have 20 pounds to lose and I don't know what to do..any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Jadell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:58 PM   #2  

My center has not mentioned anything about a plateau breaker, will ask them about that I am curious now. I did the take off about a month ago and only lost 1 pound! It's just not worth it to do that again.

Thanks so much for the info and let me know how your bil makes out.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:35 PM   #3  
FirmingDi

S/C/G: 228/228/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi. What's the blue plan? Is it more food than the gold or less? I've just started - 1 week now and I'm on the gold. So, I'm not sure about any plateau busters. Are you faithfully weighing everything and counting everything? When I was on Weight Watchers, there was this "Wendie Plan" that a gal started to break plateaus. It adjusted calories on different days - a couple lower, than a high day, then lower. You could probably do a search on the internet for details, but perhaps adjusting exchanges, will shake things up a bit.

Good luck.
diane
firmingdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #4  

The blue plan gives you more food - 1/2 a protein more and 1 more starch. They thought because I was on the go all the time that I needed more. I called my center today and asked them about a plateau buster and they said they didn't do that. I faithfully weigh my food, and eat only what I should, I'm satisfied with the amount of food....but no loss of weight. I will check on the Wendy plan, I think I've heard about that before, had a friend who went to weight watchers.

Thanks
Jamie
Old 07-18-2005, 09:27 PM   #5  
FirmingDi

Good luck Jamie!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:21 AM   #6  

Jamie,
Do you do any cardio at all? Also are you eating different things everyday and not eating the same? Drinking all your water? I'm surprised your center isn't trying to help you get out of your rut. I also stall at certain weights, but my center will help me as long as I go in and try what they suggest. Just wondering.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

All the "Wendie plan" is, is "cycling" your calorie intake. This would be equivalent on LAWL to cycling which plan you are on. (Like eating the Gold Plan one day, Blue the next, Green the next, etc.) using whatever plans you have the food lists for. It is so that your body does not get used to eating the exact same amount each day.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:20 AM   #8  

Thanks Aphil! LAWL does not do that, you are either on one color plan or the other and don't switch plan colors daily. I guess it would be too hard for them to keep up with.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:36 AM   #9  

Yes-I know that LAWL doesn't do it. It WOULD be too hard for them to keep up with. If you wanted to try it on your own, then you would just cycle your color plans each day (the ones that you already have). You could even do it by the week-eat blue one week, eat green the next, and so on.

WW has you eating in a daily points range (each food worth a different point, depending on its calories, fiber, etc.) and with the Wendie plan, you are just varying how many points you eat per day, instead of the exact same amount.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:40 AM   #10  

Aphil, Do you think that would boost a weight loss on the LAWL plan? I have Gold and Blue plans. The counselors are very stingy with the handout of plans, in fear that we would share the info with a possible paying customer. I know between us chicks on this site we do share them though.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:11 PM   #11  

You can try it and see how you do. Some people find that their bodies respond a little better if they switch up their calories a bit, and others don't notice much of a difference. All you can do is try it, and see how you respond.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:36 PM   #12  

Aphil - Thanks for you help...maybe I will try it with the Gold and Blue....
Old 07-19-2005, 01:58 PM   #13  
FirmingDi

I think I'll hold off and maybe try it if I hit a plateau. I'm putting that arsenal in reserves
Old 07-19-2005, 02:00 PM   #14  

The only difference between Gold and Blue is 1/2 protein and 1 starch......can't be that big of a deal, right?
Old 07-19-2005, 02:05 PM   #15  
FirmingDi

That doesn't sound like much of a difference.