Old 07-17-2005, 09:14 AM   #31  

Saturday -- walked 50 minutes and ate 20 points

Sunday -- Already met my Sunday walking goal -- started out at 6:40 and did 50 minutes again today.

So I met my walking goal!!! And points don't seem to be an issue.

I see you were at it bright and early this morning also Bonnie - I really like to get my walk in right away in the morning.

Mscat -- My goals for the coming week:
1) Continue walking at least 30 min/day
2) Actually track my water. I just keep filling up my glass and am pretty sure I'm doing ok, but will track it as I probably have days I slack off
3) Eat something before 8:30 each morning as I want to "jump start" the day!

Squiggly -- you can meet your goals. I'm here pulling for you!!!

Cat - I love this thread. Really keeps me focused.
Bev in WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:17 AM   #32  

Default Sunday a.m. Jump Start

You all are kicking butt and taking names! Wow - I love the way so many of you are taking the DIN DIN DIN (Do it Now) and DIA (Do it Anyway) approach to your goals. We all can see how beneficial is to get it done and over with so you can get on with the rest of the day. Thanks so much for your immediate posts - it helps us all put our goals up front and stop procrastinating. We are truly siezing the "now" moments in our lives. What a fantastic collection of women you are - you make me proud to author this thread!
Bev - You did it! I love your goal for the week - especially eating before 8:30 a.m. - Those of us who skip breakfast need to take that one on. Thanks for being a part of our group.

Bonnie Absolutely fantastic! We applaud your stand to get your exercise in despite the challenges of outside forces. Your presence is good for us all.

squiggly - I hear you and empathize about the period - I had a pounds set back this week too. Hang in there - we are here for you. And at this point of our thread I am awarding kudos if you make even one of your goals on a day.

Everyone - This thread is not a race or a competion - it is to inspire everyone to stay in action - one day at a time stretching for seven. Whether you accomplish something 1 day or 7 days out of the week, you should be commended because doing something for yourself for any 1 day is better than doing nothing at all. So any time you accomplish something or even make a good effort let us know. It takes 21 days to form a habit - so everyday you make the goal is one more day to it becoming second nature.

However, this thread is not for posting only successes but as a way to call for support to help you reach goals one day at a time. If you are struggling, let us know - we are here to support you, give you encouragement, share tips (because we have all been there or are there now!) and whatever you need to get over the hump. This group is amazingly supportive and we can learn so much from sharing how we face and overcome challenges with each other. I love when some of you post that you didn't meet your goal but share some other success you accomplished - resisting temptation - getting a compliment - getting back into a new size.

So starting today (not Monday because I believe in "right now") let's post everyday even if it is a one liner be it a success or a challenge you are facing. We will respond with cheers or something wonderful to get you through the day.

Get in those pounds/inches down as soon as possible so I can change the thread in the a.m. I love each one of you.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 02:16 PM   #33  

Howdy ladies!

Yesterday was one of those days: flying from one side of the country to the other, with all the fun that involves. But I learned several things: Air Canada no longer serves meals on flights of 4 hours; 12 hours in transit hotel to hotel for a total air time of 5 hours is ridiculous; all cab drivers should be required to wear deodorant, stay off the cellphone and put both hands on the wheel; the folks in lost luggage are universally unpleasant and SLOW... By the time I reached my new bed, I felt like someone had been pooping in the swimming pool of my life too!

The good news is the weather here is fantabulous: high sixties, slight breeze, low humidity. So pretty soon I'll get washed and dressed and go out for a nice stroll and lunch. (I don't have to work until the evening.)

I'll set new goals tomorrow, something reasonable for hotel life. I won't be weighing in until I get home on Sat (Yay!!!), but I think i can continue to maintain, even if there's no loss. Mindful eating, that's the ticket.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for setting such a good example! A good goal: to emulate Bev, Bonnie, Squiggy, and Cat, all frequent posters and achievers.

Carla in Cowtown
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #34  
Looking for Thin

Talking I Did It!!!!!

I did it. I met all of my goals! I only ate 1626 calories to boot. I will remind you that not a single one of those calories was from pop. I ate my fruits and veggies. I did my 20 minutes on the elliptical. I drank my water. I'm so excited. I'm actually doing this. The volumetrics is working for me. I ate a huge plate of food which was measured out but still my calories were in check. I am feeling so jazzed. Thank you all for your support. I can't wait until weigh in this week.
squiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:25 PM   #35  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Almost done with my water.

A few days ago I was looking for this website which calculates the recommended water intake based on one's weight. I couldn't find it, but I found an article about drinking water and what good things it does. The author said that the running to the toilet should stop after about a month - the body will just use the water. Can't wait for that. Having to run to the washroom all the time is really bothersome - and sometimes it's really unpleasant for me, I hate going in public places and being seen heading in that direction, so to be seen going all the time...

I already have a few things in mind for next week, but can't decide which of them pick as the challenge...
Even though we're to only focus on one thing each week, would it be okay if I continue to challenge myself to drink my water (continuity!) besides the challenge?
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:07 PM   #36  
Looking for Thin

I challenge myself to at least two things per day. I'm doing three this week. I think the important thing is to make challenges that will challenge you but not overwhelm you. If you can do more than one, then by all means.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:45 PM   #37  

Default Sunday Sign Off

Night ladies -

Sushi - one of the water calculators I use is http://www.hydroxycut.com/MEN/CALCUL...ER/index.shtml I have had the same problems and heard the same advise. I also can't wait for the day that the frequent stops stop! By all means pick as many challenges as you believe you can manage. Stretch yourself but as squiggly says, pick things that won't overwhelm you.

squiggly YOU ARE AWESOME! Glad the volumetrics is working so great. And you are hitting all of your goals. Thanks for your great advise on choosing challenges. I am following your lead and adding water to my exercise challenge. You have given me the courage to take on more than one challenge this week!
carla for you for posting in the midst of travel ****! I enjoyed your post so much. It was the bright spot in my day. I know you will do great with your "vacation goals." Enjoy.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:51 PM   #38  
Looking for Thin

What a compliment. Thank you so much.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:02 PM   #39  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

[QUOTE=mscat816]Night ladies -

Sushi - one of the water calculators I use is http://www.hydroxycut.com/MEN/CALCUL...ER/index.shtml I have had the same problems and heard the same advise. I also can't wait for the day that the frequent stops stop! By all means pick as many challenges as you believe you can manage. Stretch yourself but as squiggly says, pick things that won't overwhelm you.

Thank you very much for the website! I like that it varies the result depending on the amount of exercise (although sometimes it might be a bit difficult to know how much exercise I'll get, so I'd have to do catching up in the evening, eek!).
How long have you been drinking lots of water? It's great to hear from others for whom the frequent trips are also an annoyance!

I'm not sure when next week's tread will be up, so I just wanted to post my challenge for tomorrow: to get up and go to the 7 am Step class. It's going to be a challenge because of how my sleep schedule has been like recently, and because I have a very long day ahead.
Bear with me, I hope I can do it... last night I went to sleep at 3:30 am (tired earlier, no luck) and didn't get up until 2 pm today... so I'm everything but sleepy (it's 11 pm)
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:55 AM   #40  

Default New Thread for the Week!

DON'T POST HERE - GO TO WEEK AT A TIME #4