Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 08:46 AM   #1  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Default Sunday gab

Hello ladies. Happy Sunday! I love Sundays! I'm off to church right now, but I hope to "talk" to some of you later. Any Sunday weigh-ins? Have a gret day!
Old 07-17-2005, 10:09 AM   #2  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Good morning sista's!
I'm at work right now until about 11am. Then I am heading home to do some well needed yard work. I thought that I would work on my abs a bit by pulling about a million weeds! Maybe after that I'll catch some rays on the lawn chair in the middle of Byron's kiddie pool.

I'm thinking that I'll also cook up some chicken on the grill so I can eat it for a few days until Lori gets home.(missing her! )

Well, I better get back to work. I'll try to get on here later today.

Have a great morning!!!

~izzy
Old 07-17-2005, 10:39 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone!!

We're having a lazy kind of day. DH let me sleep in. That felt good, two days in a row!

I need to go to home depot and get some paint for my new laundry room walls. I am also thinking about reframing my door ways, taking out a set of cupboards in replacing them with a floor to ceiling pantry. This house belonged to my husbands great grandmother. They were farmers so the house got built with bits and scraps and was hodged podged together over a number of years. The main part is well over 100 years old. My door ways are recycled old door ways. You can see marks from hinges across the top of the door way. I may just paint them for now and replace them if we buy the house.

The cupboard I want to replace is going to be tricky. The boards that run horizontally are actully set into the wall several inches, instead of as in modern structures attached with brackets to the wall surface. Same thing with my chair rail in the kitchen. Its more liek a shelf set into the wall. Most chair rails today are just tacked to the wall surface. These are not they protrude from the wall, I can't remove them. Oh well. If we stay we will tear off the kitchen anyway as the foundation is crumbling.

Well I am being summonsed. DD needs some breakfast And me too for that matter. Have a fantabulous day everyone
~misty
Old 07-17-2005, 10:47 AM   #4  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Misty~
I wish I could come and help you, I love doing stuff like that! Then maybe you could come and help me pull weeds! LOL
Anyhow, have a GREAT day!

izzy
Old 07-17-2005, 11:16 AM   #5  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone!

We're off to shower and get to church in a few minutes- just thought I'd pop in and say hello first.

After church, DD and I need to go pick up a gift for my mom's birthday (yesterday's fiasco-- drove half an hour to a speciality store, only to find that it's now out of business!) left us without a gift. I'm aggrivated-- I normally have gifts ahead of time, and I HATE rushing like this. Oh well, not much that can be done about it now.

Anyways, we'll get her a gift, come home, DD will nap, and then tonight we're all off to my parents' for a cookout.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:44 AM   #6  
THICK and tired of it

Hiya sistas! Whoa- I'm offline for a day and you guys were busy!!!

Maggie- It's a good thing that I am now over a hundred miles away from my scale, or I'd take you up on that offer to toss the sucker right out the window! But then what would Izzy and I use to weigh? She might not have found it as funny!

Thank you all for your kind words yesterday- I was so down and cranky, and really I don't think it was just because of the WI. I shouldn't have been complaining, though- 13 pounds lost over 5 weeks is not bad at all- that breaks down to 2.6lbs per week! So, I'm feeling better.

I wish I had more time to respond to everyone individually, but I can't stay on the computer long. We're heading out to the lake soon (oooh, me in a swim suit in front of everyone??? yipchow) because it will be close to 100 degrees today and the ONLY way to cool off is to get in the water...

I'll write more later-- IZZY! I miss you too! Be strong, sweetie- I'm sorry to have abandoned you at the beginning of week 6! Sistas- take good care of my girl for me while I'm gone!!!

Lori
Old 07-17-2005, 12:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I tried to sleep in, but wasn't able to. My puppy (pictures here Cocoa ) kept waking me up wanting to play. He was dropping this golf ball on my hand, and it hurt! He then decided to lay down and go to sleep... which was good, so I was finally falling back asleep, and someone outside set off their car alarm. It woke both of us up, so I just got out of bed.

I didn't have the greatest of breakfasts (I'm going to kill Craig for wanting those damn cookies!!) but at least only had 3. But it will just cut into my lunch and dinner.

I just got done working out and am feeling pretty good I did the second half of my work out, and then did some crunches afterword's. I did notice, during one of the stretches, that my legs DO look pretty good

Hope everyone has a great day!

~Liz
Old 07-17-2005, 12:31 PM   #8  

Good morning, sistas. It is just after 10 here and there is not supposed to be "AM" on weekends unless you reach it by staying up. . . *yawn* I did not get to *yawn* bed until about 4:30 and I soooo am not ready to be awake yet. Yesterday, I had to get up too early as well and was just drained all day. Have to run a few errands and look at a few apartments, then I am going to come home and hopefully get a nap in. *yawn*

Aww, Lizzy, how could anyone sleep with this http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/elizza...75.jpg&.src=ph little guy's puppy eyes looking up at them?! "Please it is golfing day, play play!" :-p
Old 07-17-2005, 12:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Oh I know. He's just too cute. lol and he knows it! We adopted him from the shelter here in Feb, and he's just a doll. He knows that he has these two humans wrapped around his little paw

My boyfriend has started to work out again too He doesn't have a weight problem in the least, just a little beer belly He's been taking the little man (Cocoa lol) for runs almost every day. They both love it. And Craig is lifting weights again.... cant wait for his sexy arms to get bigger again! Its sooo not fair though... he lost like 4 lbs the first week he started running. Guys seem to have it easier with weight loss. At least he does anyway.

Hippo, go back to bed!! I don't think I'd be up if I had gone to bed that late! Have fun looking at apartments!
~Liz
Old 07-17-2005, 01:40 PM   #10  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi I posted on another one of your threads but got a message to come here instead. I'll just paste what I wrote there if that is ok?

Hi my name is Jill and I've been on 3fc for about a year now. Started in the Moms Losing Weight thread and lost about 10 pounds since joining doing my own plan and working out. I've just recently decided to join WW with my sil who just had her 3rd baby and has about 100 pounds to lose. We are going to do it together but I know how helpful it is to have others doing the same thing with you as well, so I decided to look around for a WW group. Anyway I hope I can join in with you ladies. I have about 10-15 left to lose (I call it baby weight but it's been almost 2 years lol) and just think WW might be what I need to get it off and be held accountable for my eating, since I will be going to weigh ins etc. I haven't joined yet and will be going to my first meeting on Tues. can anyone give me the run down of what I might expect? Well I hope it's ok that I left a message in here and your up for a new member. Let me know! Thanks!

p.s. you all seem on track so I know that will help me, thanks for being here! I'm excited to join WW on Tuesday and come back here and chat with you all about it!
Old 07-17-2005, 07:10 PM   #11  

Exclamation

Hi, Jill! Welcome to the Sistas! Make sure to include yourself in our sticky introduction thread.

I took a nap, but still have that Am I Awake? feeling. Wanted to go for a walk today, but found out that the skyway system is closed on the weekends (bummer!) and did not want to walk the streets today. There are some very dangerous-seeming people outside of my building today. When I was waiting to cross, the three of them came over to me and one came right in my face just staring at me and breathing right on me. I mean right on me. Was nasty and quite scary.

Apartment hunting was rather depressing. I can organize all of the apartments I have looked at as either holes or too old. Since I am 23, most decent places will not let me get my own place. Ages are really an odd thing. . .here you can get a driver's license at 14 (I think), but you can not rent a car until you are 25. "18" seems to be the basic adult age, with 21 being definite, yet you have to be 25 to get an apartment. . . Just seems so frustrating and my time is running out quickly, so the holes are looking better and better. I am sure I could make one my home if I do not plan on laying down, stretching out, turning around, or standing up! [/grouchy]
I think I needed a longer nap. Will try to be more positive later. :-p

P.S. I did a bad bad thing and got a McFlurry for breakfast/lunch. 14 points! Can not explain/excuse it heh. That is over half my maximum; have 11 points left for everything else. At least it filled me up, though. I think I really need to get into the habit of the breakfast/lunch/dinner thing. Weird schedules and scarce groceries do not help. Was looking over my week, and almost every day I had a meal of 15-20 points and then just a coffee or a 1-point doughnut or such. That can not be healthy.

Last edited by hippohips; 07-17-2005 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:23 PM   #12  

Hi, ladies!! Wow! I've been gone since Thursday, and I'm amazed at how much our group has progressed. This is awesome! How did some of you get the "Slimmin' Sista's" avator? It's so cute!

I've been eating really crappy this weekend. I didn't even keep track of points, but I tried to make healthy choices. We went to Adventureland on Friday. Adventureland is a Six Flags-type place in Des Moines. We walked so much. I went swimming yesterday, and I plan on exercising tonight. I'll get back OP tomorrow!!! Make sure that I do, okay!!?!?

It's great to hear everyone is doing well!!

Hippohips, I totally know what you mean about the age thing. It sucks! I'm older now (27), but I completely understand!

Welcome, Jill!
Old 07-17-2005, 07:28 PM   #13  

iowa, you can find them here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...8&page=3&pp=15 Misty made a bunch.

It is good that you have made healthy choices rather than just calling it a freebie weekend or such. Hope you have been drinking a lot of water, as well!
Old 07-17-2005, 07:48 PM   #14  

Just woke up from a nice nap ... too hot here to do much else today. Did take my walk early this morning so got that out of the way.

Misty -- You said paint for the laundry room walls??? You have laundry room walls? Does this mean the strike is over? I'm so relieved as I pictured hubby going to work tommorow sans underwear! Your house sounds so neat. I love old houses. But they can sometimes turn into a money pit to get them updated the way they should be.

Izzy, I don't know how you pulled weeds today girl. I know it has to be just as hot in Mankato as it is here and I couldn't pull a dandelion.

Hippo - That is so scary to have those wierd, strange people getting right in your face. I hope you find an apt soon -- it has to be so frustrating and that "having to be 25 rule" is the dumbest thing I ever heard! Lots of people leave their parents homes when they graduate from high school and where in the h--- are they supposed to live until they turn 25! I loved your cat joke. It had to have been "written" by my daughter's cat ... that is exactly how his chart at the vet reads ... BITER ... LET OWNER HOLD CAT! Oh (brag, brag) I walked 50 minutes again today. Good luck on your interview tomorrow.

Welcome, Jill. Glad you joined us.

And I'm glad you found us IaSteph ... where do you live in Ia? I'm right across the river from Dubuque.

Everyone take care and have a good evening ... Bev
Old 07-17-2005, 07:59 PM   #15  

Hi, Bev. I live in Ames, which is in central Iowa. I grew up in West Union (where my parents still live), which is probably an hour or hour and a half northwest of Dubuque (west of Prairie du Chein). I was just in La Crosse this weekend. I lived there for about 7 years. My in-laws live in the area, so we often make it back there! I miss La Crosse so much!!!!

Anyone know what percentage of your total daily points should be spent on particular meals? I'm having major breakfast issues. I'm at 22 points for my days, and it feels like I'm half done after breakfast...okay, so not really, but my cereal is 4 points alone!! How's fruit and a slice of Canadian bacon (instead of cereal) for breakfast?

Are you all getting your water and dairy in?? Just checkin'!!

So, I'm off to get groceries!!!
Closed Thread