View Poll Results: Are you happy with your life?
No 0 0%
Sometimes 4 26.67%
Most of the time 9 60.00%
Yes 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 06:42 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default THURSDAY - one day till friday!!

Morning gals,
How are you all doing today?

Belle, I hear you about your job rant. My advice - if you're not happy, get out. Life's too short. Hey - why not check out jobs in Vancouver?

I guess I can't post the MPEG. So, I'll email it to those I have email addresses for. Hope it works!
Kim - I find that my weight can fluctuate a lot during the day and throughout a week/month. Try not to let it get you down. Plot a graph of all your weight loss so far against time and you'll see a downward trend. That's what counts, not the individual weeks. I agree that eating out is very hard on points though...I guess you just need to remember to ask for low-fat versions and not have a dessert and a starter. and no bread!! oh how i love dipping bread in olive oil and balsamic vinegar...sorry, bit distracted there!

Trish - how are you coping in the heat? Ok, i hope.

Lori - fingers crossed your WI goes ok!! I know what you mean about bad weeks not showing up for a while!

Jen - hooray on the Tae Bo! Booh on someone hollering at you. People are so rude - esp in London! Yesterday on the tube home this woman kept trying to make me move down the train, but rather than ask she just kept pushing against me. Normally I would move but I had nowhere to move to since there was a man right next to me on my other side! (incidentally there was no one on her other side so i have no idea why she was soo keen to move 3 inches down the carriage!) so i stayed put. and then she got this huge hat box and started ramming it against my side!! so i turned to her and said "excuse me" and looked down at her hat box. rather than apologise, she said: "well, why don't you move down". and i said: "because i can't, because there is someone there and why don't you just ask people if they can move rather than push them". she shut up and thankfully stopped invading my personal space!! best bit was when we reached the next stop. someone got off and i was perfectly placed to get the spare seat. and boy did hat-box woman look mad!! there are too many stressful people in this city.

janet - i hope you find a good meeting, i think it really helps. kierie - i'd def try to find one in ireland. might be a good way to meet a few people as well.

kim/belle/kay - i'm quite sad at work cos i love organising social events and going out to buy snacks and stuff. it means i can go to places i like and eat healthier food! i don't drink tea or coffee though so i never have to make that for anyone else! but no one makes me organise things, and it's only on a small scale. our admin assistants do large work events (woe betide you if you tried to interfere with them!).

hello lauren! are you a teacher then? hope you enjoy yourself at the italian restaurant. i love italian food!

right, time to work. a big hello to everyone about to post or lurk! there are a few who haven't posted for ages - you know who you are - come back, we miss you!!!

kirsty

ps i was throwing out old cards/valentines etc last night and found some from my ex of 5 and a half years (we broke up about 4 years ago). it was quite weird. i remember thinking they were v romantic at the time but i actually found them a bit scary now. lots of "without you i am nothing" and "let's be together forever" stuff. eek! luckily he got over me breaking up with him just fine...
Old 08-02-2001, 09:06 AM   #2  

Angry

Good morning ladies!

Last day of work for me this week, I have tomorrow off, then I am gone all week next week to Oracle/SQL training in Madison. I don't know if I will have internet access there, so I might not be posting for a while!

Kirsty ~ Hi! I have old letters like that too, from my old boyfriend, isn't it weird how you grow up and what you loved about him before scares you now????? Humm.......

Belle and Kim ~ I understand your work frustrations. I work in IT, only with men, and I catch myself doing a lot of domestic things around the office. Refuse to do it!!!

Jen ~ I had a job like yours, I stayed there for 3 years, I look back now and think, "why did I waste those precious years there?". Oh well, I love my job now, that is all that matters.

Kierie ~ I vote for you to find a meeting in Ireland, meetings really do keep your focus, keep you accountable and you can meet lots of nice people....BTW ~ LOVED YOUR PIC! Now I can put a face to a name!!!

Kay ~ Don't you agree that men in IT are there own special breed??? It is different than what I am used to, my DH is very blue collar....just different.....

"Hi" to Trish, Brenda, Steph, Shalyne, Angie, Sarah, Lolly, Jen2, mompen (Hi! Welcome to the group!!), KT, Stacey, Lori, Janet, and Lauren (Hi, and welcome to the group too!!)

I hope I didn't forget anyone!!!

Tomorrow my mom and I are taking my kids to the beach, it should be fun, but very hot...don't expect to be there for more than a couple hours...

Next Sat. is my SIL wedding, so I am trying to arrange some final things...picking up my dress from the bridal place, getting my DH's tux, arranging what the kids are wearing...lots going on! Plus, DH's extended family from NJ are in town for two weeks, so we are trying to arrange some things with them...this summer has been so busy!!

I have been doing very well this week on my points, no exercise, but the weather here just has been to hot to exercise outside, and I just am not a video exerciser, I know...excuses....I am going to try harder to exercise. I also have been drinking all my water every day, which I really think helps in the weight loss process...I hope to do well at WI on Sat.

Well, I have written a book....better look busy...check in later!
Old 08-02-2001, 09:20 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I have to disagree about the IT men that I work with. We have young guys out of college... and yes at first they are cocky... but when the real world hits them... blammm... they come back to reality. We actually have a fun group of people here (minus a couple stooges). But on the other hand.. we have clients that have IT people that are some of the worst people to work with. I think it goes both ways.

OK, I have been lazy. Haven't worked out all week. Did go to the Fair last night. I got a first on Emma's outfit and a second on her sweater. And a couple other ribbons. Not bad, I was afraid I didn't do well!

Well, I better get to work. You all know I will be back!
Old 08-02-2001, 10:05 AM   #4  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Almost Friday!!

Yippee!! I can't post long...same old story, but I did want to share that I am sometimes happy with my life. I really want to go back to school and get my Education degree. I went to college for 5 years to get a Music Education degree and then realized I could make money if I worked full time. Go figure! Now, I don't have a degree and I want to teach so bad I can taste it!!! But, I can't fulfill that dream until we have a little more money and we're already started on a family. *sigh* maybe someday.
Gotta get back to work!
Old 08-02-2001, 10:19 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls
I voted sometimes but it waffles between sometimes and most of the time that i'm happy
The one thing i love about my family even tho they drive me insane is that even in the most stressful times where miserable is the name of the game we can laugh I probably dont go more than one day without a good laugh
Actually I just got a really nice hug from my gramma shes having a good day i think that makes me really happy when shes like her old self
I stepped on the scale today and i'm down a pound but it doesnt count unless it lasts till tuesday
Jen congrats take a pic of emma in the dress I bow to your craft prowess
Tonya thanks I already told my mom I wanted to go to meetings
Kirsty OMG that mpe! i'll never eat high points again *Shudder*
Belle girlie take stock and take control if you want out of the job
do another draft of your resume and work it any company would be drooling over you and nothing is worse than a job you loathe you deserve better
Kierie
Old 08-02-2001, 10:59 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking WOOWOOOOO

I've lost 2 inches off my waist granted theres alot to go but hey its something
Old 08-02-2001, 11:45 AM   #7  

WAY TO GO KIERIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2001, 11:45 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Unhappy Just Shoot Me....

Someone? Please??

AS if my day could get worse, yesterday I got home with b/f, after not being able to walk home, as I hurt my muscle in the back of my calf and am in giant pain (running), and came home to a message from his ex. Now, he hasn't called her in over 2 months(I see the phone bills) and she has not called there either, as her message siad "haven't talked ina couple months, just wanna see how you are". BOOH.

I sat on the couch and cried. I cried b/c I hate my job, I feel so unvalued. and that made me look at my relationship - where I also feel so unvalued sometimes. Not that he makes me feel that way, just cuz I don't KNOW that I am valuable, or what value I bring to the relationship. You know? My leg hurt, I have so much to do, I am so overwhelmed by everything. I seriously considered walking off the job yesterday. I can't express how I feel to anyone here, and b/f just said I need to tell my manager. Well, my manager perpetrates all of this. I'll likely end up crying and stuff too if I told him.

To illustrate: In a meeting yesterday, the VP was trying to say that only a high "level" should have control over certain contracts. And he said "you wouldn't give a contract to someone like Belle for example". I was the only person under a role 4 there, which made me feel horrible. Plus, he laughed. and no one else laughed, least of all me. I feel so degrated here. I feel like why did I go to university, to just be treated like ****.

I couldn't walk to work today either b/c of my stupid leg! Just in time for vacation too. And I haev to help my bf move tomorrow, some furniture he is getting for free. Its nice though, and the lady gave me a beautiful living room couch for my mom - she would never be able to afford it otherwise. I want my mom to have nice stuff. But no one else will be there to help, just me and b/f, so I hope my leg heals quick!

Anyway, that is my venting for the day, thanks for letting me do that, as usual. Wow, I think this was almost as long a short novel.

Kirsty - its not the "special event" stuff I don't like, its the note taking, typing, makeing meetings, calling people's doctors to make appts, the ludicrous big bloody waste of my time crap that I do b/c I am not an engineer and I have boobs...you know?? I know not all engineers are like that, as I am dating one who is not, and Jen says her IT guys are not, but I get the big losers here on my floor. SIGH!!!! Those valentine's were spooky!! Did you ever stop to think that "every breath you take" by the Police is a stalker song?? In the right context, like your old valentines' you don't see it that way. weird!!!

Tonya, since I won't be here next week, have fun at the wedding!!! Ihope you feel very beautiful and have a great time.

Stacey- you should go as soon as you can. If you know that would make you happy. Singing makes me happy. I sometimes think I should teach singing, but I'd have to get my piano as well, and I don't have the patience to read musice with piano, I like ot play by ear! Oh well...What is your instrument?

Kier - I still love getting hugs from my mom....I try to get one every time I see her!! How babyish am I?? I am glad your gram was more herself today....

and woo hoo on your 2 inches!!!

Well, I should get going. I have tons of work to do, though I don't care too much at this point if I do it or not. I feel like being delinquent and letting people fall flat on their faces (muahahahahahahahahahahahahahah - see how you like it without your lacky girl!!! )

Okay, have a good OP day, hi to everyone.

Belle
Old 08-02-2001, 11:56 AM   #9  
Bono Fanatic!

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been MIA for a while but things have been tough here. My grandpa died on Saturday after a 6 month battle with cancer. He was 81 and I have been very close to him my entire life, so it has been tough. I am back in my routine now though, which should help a bit so I don't have to think about it round the clock. However, it is pouring rain here today and I got absolutely soaked getting from the bus to my office. There is not a dry spot on my entire body and I am FREEZING!! I am even considering running to the store in a bit to buy a sweater - that's how awful I feel.
I'll check in later and try to respond to each one of you individually. Have a good day!
Old 08-02-2001, 12:06 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

JKarr: (It's Jen, right?) I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather. I lost mine 11 years ago and I still miss him all the time. My thoughts are with you.

Belle: Cheer up, sweetie! Sounds like it's a tough time for you. I've been having it kind of rough lately, too, feeling very anxious and unsure about life. Email me and we'll talk more.

Hi to everyone ... gotta run to make the second half of Spanish class. I haven't been able to make all the classes because of work. News tends to screw up schedules!

(I had a healthy dinner last night! Baked salmon, a piece of corn on the cob, a glass of skim milk and a twice-baked potato from a low-fat cookbook I had. Yummy!)
Old 08-02-2001, 12:10 PM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Jen2... sorry about your loss. My hubby lost his g-ma 2 weeks ago, and my g-pa is not expected to live long. I know what you are going through! We don't have rain here.. hot and humid. Bluch. It rained like you wouldn't believe yesterday. It came down so hard and long that the streets flooded. They said the clouds were moving slow.

KO... WHAHOOOOOOOOOO

Belle... take a deep breathe. If things are really that bad at work... start looking for something else. No one has to be treated poorly, even if you are on the bottom rung. We treat our receptionist with the same respect as the upper people. That is how it should be. I wouldn't be afraid to look fo something else... hold on to this job until you find one and keep thinking... I am only here until something better is in my pocket! GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-02-2001, 12:12 PM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Jen 2 - I am so sorry about your grandad. You adn the other Jen are both going through the grandparent loss right now. I am glad your grandad did not suffer too long. I have heard of people battling for years on end....

Its hard to imagine getting over it, and like Kim said, you never stop missing them.

Cyber hug and all my love

Belle
Closed Thread