View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
JuliaTN

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I have to admit, though, that even after 18 months of regular weight training, I STILL don't enjoy it. What's the key to having fun with it?
I'm a noob myself but personally I DON'T try to do 90 minutes of weights at one time. I usually do 25-40 minutes working on one or two muscle groups 3-4 times/week. I also take my MP3 player with me and play music with some heart pumping beats (I like hip hop, but hey if Eye of the Tiger works go for it). I also tend to dance around a bit between sets. Do I need to tell you that I try to go off peak times so there are fewer witnesses to kill?

I still wouldn't classify lifting weights as "fun" in and of itself but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy it. I like to challenge myself (in lots of ways, not just exercise) and weights have a built in challenge - I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I can lift every weight in the gym The only times that I really don't enjoy it are those when I leave knowing that I could have lifted more than I did & it seems like a waste of time - those times are few and far between.
JuliaTN is offline   Reply With Quote