Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 10:40 PM   #1  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Default Saturday Weigh-In!

If you want, share you loss (or your temporary setback), your totals, how long you've been in WW, and how far from goal you are.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I weighed in yesterday, but I hope its ok that I post on this thread

I'm down almost 13 pounds, from 270 down to 257.4 It just seems so much easier this time, maybe its because I have support here, and at work, and here at home. My next mini goal is to be down to 249 by Aug 10th, so hopefully I can do it I've been doing ww since June 6th, so just over a month now.

~Liz
Old 07-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #3  
Alis volat propiis

So excellent, Liz! You'll make that goal! And we're here for you. Yikes... it's off to WI for me. Right now!

BTW, I'll try to remember to set up a daily weigh-in thread, since we all have meetings on different days.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:00 AM   #4  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

I had my first WI today...and I lost 9 pounds! Gah! I love the first week- even though I know it's mostly water weight, it still feels so good! WHOO HOO!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:15 AM   #5  
Thin Girl In Hiding

YIPPEE!!!! I weighed this morning and I am down 2 more pounds! I now have a total of 25 pounds gone!!!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:31 AM   #6  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You go, Girls!!!!

I had my first weigh in today - and I'm down 3.6!!!! Had an awesome meeting, too. I can hardly wait until next week!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:45 AM   #7  
THICK and tired of it

Yay for the losses!

Well, I am moving my slider the other way... which REALLY irritates me because I've done everything right this week and exercised nearly everyday... I know I'm not supposed to get down about weigh in- and I even gave someone else some encouragement about it not long ago that it doesn't matter because YOU know you're following the plan and that it WILL work... So, I'll take my own advice and stop whining.

So anyway, today I am 199 which is still better than 212 so I'll put on my happy face and keep plugging away.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:13 AM   #8  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Oh Lori, I'm sorry! That's one of the biggest frustrations- you do everything "right" but the scale doesn't reinforce that. Just keep pluggin' and wait for the "whoosh"- where you seem to lose everything you've been holding onto. (hugs!)
Old 07-16-2005, 11:14 AM   #9  

YAY!!!!!

I am soooo proud of you guys!! You too, Lori. Your slider may not have moved the way you had hoped but you are here and you are being honest and that's what counts!

My mother in law did WW for over a year. She did very well. But she noticed a pattern in her loss. It was something like 3 weeks down two weeks up three weeks down. She averaged a little over a pound a week I think, but it was like a cycle, not just straight down. It was frustrating at first for her b/c she couldn't see the pattern, but as it emerged she began to realize if she stuck with it she'd see a loss in a week or two. I've heard other people have cycles similar to hers, it's just what thier body does. So even on perfect weeks points wise, you may not see it in the scale that week. It's a long term process. Keep up teh good work ladies, in teh end it will pay off!
Old 07-16-2005, 11:20 AM   #10  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

*gasp* I am in such shock right now. Remember how I was really nervous about my weigh-in because I just knew in my heart of hearts that I gained or at least maintained? Well...I was wrong!

I lost 2.5 lbs.!!

I'm so thrilled! So now, instead of weighing 211, I now weigh 206.5 (which doesn't show up on my slider...but whatever, lol). I didn't quite make the mark for my 5 lb. star, but I'm getting there, lol. I'm just so thrilled right now...4.5 pounds in two weeks! And I hope as I get the hang of this thing, I'll be able to lose even more on a weekly basis, though I figure there will be bouts of ups; there are bound to be. But for now, I'm riding this high as long as I can!

Congrats to everyone else who had happy results, too. And you too, Lori! Remember, you're working to rewire everything your body is used to. Your body's gonna rebel a few times. Plus, haven't you been working out? So couldn't there be a possibility of muscle weight gain? (Which, to be perfectly honest, I'd much rather see on the scale myself than fat weight gain. ) I think also ultimately, it matters how our clothes are fitting. If you notice that your clothes are fitting better, but you're still showing weight gain, it means you're building muscle.

Thanks so much to everyone who sent me happy vibes and well wishes! I was just feeling crummy last night; it was so nice to hop on here and see so much support! You guys are the best!

Have a happy Saturday!
~Amanda
Old 07-16-2005, 11:37 AM   #11  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Lori~
There is a BIG difference between whining and venting! You were not whining at all! It is okay to vent frustrations, that is why we are all here for each other! Just keep being honest with yourself and do what you need to do and things will happen. Just think about all the fat we WERE putting into our body everyday. And calories galore! Remember all the Coke we would drink in a day?!
We're already putting our bodies thru a detox of some sort. We have changed alot of our ways, for the good! We are on the right path.And we can do this together, all of us.
I may have lost 25 pounds so far, but I will hit my slump too, in due time. What we need to focus on right now is maiking it thru the next couple of week. We need to get past week 6, and 7, and 8 and so on. We need to keep on doing what we've been doing because it is good for us even tho it can be akward. I'm here for you sweetie!

~izzy
Old 07-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #12  
Alis volat propiis

Wow, Frances.... so amazing for you! Yeah, ain't that first week great? It's like a special reward for making the decision to do it! Good for you.

Yes, you must follow your own advice, Lori! You know it'll happen. But I know how much it sucks when that scale goes up even a little. Kinda feels like this:

Everyone else, great, great job! Aileen, I'm glad you feel good about your meeting too. I am so lucky to have an awesome leader. I cried three times in the meeting this week. First when someone got her goal star and was so moved she couldn't talk. Then when a leader in training told us about her daughter who started WW in 6th grade, lost all her weight by the end of 7th grade and is now about to start her second year of college, having kept the weight off all these years. Finally, we were talking about beliefs and capabilities and the leader asked why we believe that we can "do it" this time. I told her that I don't know why I believe it, but there was just a moment of clarity, like a switch being flicked, that made it very clear to me that I am ready this time. And she gave me a hug and said that no matter how long it takes me to lose my weight, I'm already successful because of where my head is. She also told me she had no doubt I would succeed!

Oh, and I lost 1.8 for a total of 9.6. Half a friggin pound away from my 10-pound ribbon!

Oh, and I was thinking... I guess we don't need a weigh-in thread for each individual day. When I start the weigh-in thread for tomorrow, I'll just call it weigh in thread, and we can all go there to post weigh in results no matter what day it is.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Since it seems like most of you do the weigh in on Saturdays, I can just change mine to that Since I don't go to meetings, its not a big deal for me to change it

Congrats to all of you who WI in this morning!! Keep up the good work!!

Lori - I hate those weeks where nothing really changes too. I notice that if I stick to the plan, the following week I usually have a little larger loss than other weeks. I also notice a gain especially around TOM. I also agree with Calpurrnia, I think that if you've been exercising (especially if you are using weights) it could be a muscle gain.

~Liz
Old 07-16-2005, 11:51 AM   #14  
THICK and tired of it

Thanks for the encouragement girls- I'm a crying mess... You're right, Cal, there may be some new muscle and muscle burns more calories than the lazy old fat- even when it jiggles it doesn't burn any calories!

And Izzy- you know I couldn't do this without you! Really, that goes for the rest of you too! I know it isn't a race, and I'm proud of everyone for losing so well. I just went through my tracker to see if there was anything I didn't record or anywhere I went over on points and it doesn't look like it, so I'll just congratulate myself for doing a good job and then go beat the snot out of that stupid scale!!!

Kidding, of course- but wouldn't that feel good?
Old 07-16-2005, 11:56 AM   #15  
Alis volat propiis

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzysgirl
I'll just congratulate myself for doing a good job and then go beat the snot out of that stupid scale!!! Kidding, of course- but wouldn't that feel good?
Lori, I'll send you a check for $5 if you open up a window and throw that sucker right out. Make it $10 if you post a picture of it lying smashed and broken in the street. (I don't know what's wrong with me. When I first typed that, it said "smasked and borken"!)
Closed Thread