Old 07-05-2005, 03:03 AM   #1  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Talking Non Scale Victories for JULY

Loved this thread last month so here's one for July!

Went shopping with my mom today. Decided to check out some new pants as my old ones are getting loose (sizes 22 and 24). Tried on a size 20, fit great! I was even able to squeeze into a pair of size 16! I haven't been able to squeeze into a pair of 16 pants since I was a senior in high school!I bought them so I can track my progress with how they fit being as I don't completely trust my scale but clothes don't lie. LOL
So excited And motivated to keep it up and start doing even better! Want to fit nicely into my size 16's by November.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:48 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Okay, I've got one....

My bf's sister said I am looking thinner!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #3  
In over my head

My husband said my legs looked thinner when we were getting ready for bed last night.
miranoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:33 PM   #4  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

I dropped into a resale shop last week. I figured since I don't plan to stay this size that is the way to go to look good as I go without spending a fortune. It was soooo great being able to realize that now that I'm in regular sizes, instead of plus sizes, I can actually pick from clothes I like, not merely settle for whatever will go around my fat bod.

While on that thought, I had given away my cashmere coat (custom made for me by a great tailor overseas-a once in a lifetime thing, a gift from dh) thinking I could never get my weight down enough to wear it. Now that I'm smaller again, I found a new cashmere to replace it that I really like. Though it was off the rack it was very well made and I really like it. It is nice to have clothes I actually LIKE !!!
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:45 PM   #5  

Congratulations everyone.

I have one I have one!!! We went to the movies at the weekend, we normally go to the expensive Gallery cinema, as I don't fit into a standard seat.

This weekend we went to the normal cinema, and I fit, with ample room to shift about, I could cross my legs and everything. I sat for over two hours without feeling uncomfortable!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:31 PM   #6  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've been flying a lot over the past 9 or 10 days. Much more comfortable than it used to be. Lovely.

Also, a Spanish bloke who works for my dad who I've not seen since Christmas came up to me and said "you are looking more thin". Made my day
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #7  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Another running one. I finished my first 5k race in 28 minutes 37 seconds! I loved imagining the sight of the skinny peoples faces as I raced past them on my way to the finish
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #8  
Shairing her ESH...

I'm wearing a skirt today that I hadn't been able to wear for awhile!
Old 07-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #9  
Downsizing Dee!

One of my guy friends here at the office said my outfit made my butt look like I pooped myself (they're way too droopy in the back now) lol. I guess it's time to invest in a couple of new clothes.

Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Dee, had to read yours twice!! Your friend has a unique way of paying you a compliment.

Jeanette, that must have been so satisfying to be able to zip that skirt up.

YP1, wow! WTG!

When I was at the gym yesterday, I was talking to this man (he's 82) who works out on a machine near the free weights. We've had several conversations before. He mentioned that his daughter was visiting, and she wasn't much fun to have around because she's overweight and kind of sulky. He then said that he's told his daughter a lot of times to lose weight, etc., I just had to speak up. I told him that I'd lost quite a bit of weight, and that the stuff my Dad used to say to me actually made it worse, not better. I said that she knows that she needs to lose weight, and she'll do it when she's ready, and she needs love and acceptance from him at whatever weight she's at. I also said that I told my father I would quit visiting if he didn't quit bugging me about my weight. Now, I don't know if this man took anything I said to heart, but I felt good about saying it.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 02:27 AM   #11  
Crazy Canuck

And so you should feel good about yourself, Sheila! Let's hope he thought about what you said and decided to change from being critical to being more supportive!

Great NSV's people ~ hope you're all as proud of yourselves as you deserve to be!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:26 AM   #12  

Wow! Good for you Sheila! I absolutely love the fact that you made a stand and spoke your mind to this man. I'm just so darn poud of you, I've got this big ol cheesy grin on my face right now. Wow again, I wish I had that kind of confidence. I wanna be like Sheila when I grow up!!

Beverly

Last edited by boiaby; 07-09-2005 at 02:43 PM.
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 01:21 PM   #13  
Shairing her ESH...

I bet what you said made a HUGE difference, Shiela! Good for you for standing up for her and all overweight daughters everywhere!!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:12 AM   #14  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I had to re-tie my work dresses to bring them in a bit around my middle. You know those flowing dresses with a small tie across the back that were so popular a couple years ago? I bought four of htem in different patterns, and they're my primary work attire. I tied the tie and didn't think much about it. But now, years later, the dresses are beginning to hang. So today, I tightened the tie.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:01 PM   #15  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Nice NSVs.

I'm into my size 18 jeans, and they're comfortable too! Too bad the zip on one pair is broken. I can't imagine why I kept them.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote