Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 06:21 PM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default Wow! 4 Days Of Being A Non Smoker!

I can't believe it. I have not gone this long without one of those stinking nasty things in ages!!!!! I know it doesn't sound like a long time but it feels like it's been a long time since I had one and today, I actually got grossed out from the smell of someone that had just HAD a cigarette!!!!!! Now THAT'S pretty cooooool! Even if I say so myself.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:48 PM   #2  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Way to go!! That IS cool that someone else's cigarette smelled bad to you. I smoked for a year or two, quit ten years ago, and even today a cigarette sometimes smells good to me.

Hang in there and keep thinking about what a great thing you're doing for your body!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:43 PM   #3  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

"keep thinking about what a great thing you're doing for your body!"

Now THAT in itself should be enough to keep us smokers from starting again. I already feel "healthier" ... not to mention I don't have to spray my car with Febreeze anymore...or my clothes for that matter. I don't smoke in the house but the kids can always smell it when I come in from the porch after having one...I'm happy their "MOM" will smell "purrrrty" again. hehehehehe

I have to tell you though, I almost broke down...came close but didn't buy a pack. Billy went out to dinner with his dad tonight and being here alone, everything was quiet and BOOM!!!! It just hit me. Just like that....I just felt like having one. Thing is...I didn't and that's all that counts. So, I'm still going...and I'll keep thinking about what a "good thing I'm doing for my body" ...thanks to you for reminding me.

Hope you have sweet dreams tonight. I FINALLY got a little sleep last night and I'm hoping I'll get a good sleep tonight.

Cya later,

Last edited by PJ; 07-14-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:32 PM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

SIX DAYS!!!!!!

Six days... I have officially quit smoking!!!!!!! My God it feels good. If I can make it this far? I'm going to make it all the way. I've quit before and have never been able to go this long AND not even WANT a cigarette. I tell you...that comment has really stuck in my head. THANK YOU to whoever it was that said "just think about how much good you're doing to your body by quitting". I STILL can't figure out who said that on here....but whoever it was....THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU. My kids are especially happy that their Mom doesn't "SMELL" anymore.

Well, I'm wondering where the rest of you have been. I know there are more OWLS lurking out there and I guess I'll just have to flush you all out. So, have a good night and sweet dreams my friends.

Last edited by PJ; 07-16-2005 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #5  

Doesn't it feel great when you quit smoking. I quit ( again ) May 24th and this is the last time. It is so hard to believe that I use to smell so bad and my car,also. Did not smoke in the house. I know how hard it is but you can do it!
Kitty
Closed Thread