Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #1  
banned

Default wednesday/thurs ww newbies chatter

good night everyone! keep up the good work and if we fell today... tomm we pick ourselves up!

www.dwlz.com

Last edited by andreaphilip3; 07-13-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:48 PM   #2  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Default Points Write-Up (Wed. 7.13.05)

All righty, time to 'fess up! Nah, I did pretty well today, actually.

Breakfast:
--2 pieces buttered bread: 3 pts.
Total: 3 pts.

Lunch:
--FF bologna and cheese sandwich: 4 pts.
--Light Doritos: 1 pt.
--100 cal. Chips Deluxe cookies: 2 pts.
Total: 7 pts.

Dinner:
--Lean Cuisine 4 cheese frozen pizza: 8 pts.
Total: 8 pts.

Dessert:
--Edy's Slow-Churned caramel swirl ice cream (1 c.): 6 pts.
+ 1 tbsp. Hershey's choc. sauce: 1 pt.
+ 1 tbsp. FF Redi-Whip: 0 pts.
Total: 7 pts.

Daily Total: 25 pts. (Leaves me with one more point...I might have a 1 pt. snack later tonight, but I'm not sure. )

I also worked out today with my personal trainer, but I don't think I'm going to take advantage of any APs for a while. I'm too new to the program--I don't want to give myself any more excuses to overindulge, you know? (Just can't be trusted! )

Hope the rest of you were OP today!

We get a name tomorrow! Hooray!
~Amanda
Old 07-13-2005, 10:18 PM   #3  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

All right ladies, I'm calling it a night. 3 more hours to vote on a name! I'll be back in the morning with the tallied votes and an official name for us!

Have a wonderful night!
~Amanda
Old 07-13-2005, 10:39 PM   #4  

HELLO ladies!!

Great job on the workout, Amanda! I agree with you on the AP. I still have a slider from when I was doing WW before, but since I am only on week two I am not counting them. Not like I've really exercised LOL! Maybe I will use Quite's idea Right Diva...sounds like that is your plan too!

Here's What I ate:
1 Roll-3
1 oz Turkey-1
1 SLice FF Bologna-1
1 oz Provalone Cheese-3
2 SLices of Turkey Bacon-2
Mustard-0

Total: 10

Roll-3
1oz Turkey-1
1 Slice FF bologna-1
1 oz provolone cheese-3
mustard-0
SubTotal: 8
Total: 18

24 Teddy Grahams-3
Total:21

So I have 5 points left. Which I probably won't use b/c I am too hot and too tired to eat. I am just really thirsty!

I tried to go to bed at 6:30, b/c I am soooo tired. But my sister called and I talked to her then my husband fell and hurt his ankle so I had to take over the kids. Oh well. I got to have a fun conversation with my sister

I'm proud of you for reisiting the temptation Izzyg! The cool thing about WW is there is room for a brownie now and then. It has to be hard to work when you are surrounded by snacks. But you did very well!! Maybe if you bring good choices when it's your turn to bring the food to the meeting others will be inspired to do the same Great job on doubling up the exercise today.

Izzy No way are we gonna let you fall off this week!! Even if you did, which you won't, we'd drag you back on

WELCOME LUFLIC and BEV!!!!!

Stephanie....Wish we had a Panera Bread here! That salad sounds yummy!!! I'll keep my eyes open for one next time I am visiting my friend the teh "big city"

Amanda-how's the book? I love to read, but of late I have been stuck with romance novels. My mother in law gave me a stack. They are easy to read and easy to follow so when I am interuppted 150 times during a chapter I can easily pick it abck up. AH to read abook of substance...someday

Quite-The KFC thing is COOL. I think more places should do that! For example I eat all my sandwhiches plain, I mean grilled chicken adn a roll's not too ahrd to figureout, but sometimes it'd be nice to see what other combinations might yield ya know? I also think that everything shoudl eb labeled with how many food group servings it has. Fro example...a can of vegetable beef soup is there a fulls erving of veggies in it, how about beef? I like when stuff has the diebetic exchange on it. Yousee stuff labeled real fruit filling, but you know darn well that there's not even half a serving of fruit in it. I'd like to know for sure though ya know?

Well I'm off to bed. Have a fabulous night and a great morning everyone!
~misty
Old 07-13-2005, 11:16 PM   #5  
Alis Volat Propriis

Diva... I'm with you, darlin. I'm going to inform Da Man that he's got some point-earning to do! LOL

I actually stayed OP today, first time since Friday. I know I won't have a loss if I do my 30 points a day for the next few days before WI, because I ate so so much Sat-Tue. But at least I can get back on track. I can't seem to eat less than 30 points. What am I going to do when I drop down a point group?

Anyway:

B: Cheerios and ff milk -- 6
Coffee with creamer -- 2

L: WaWa chicken salad with ff dressing -- 8

S: WaWa apple dipper -- 4

D: Tuna -- 3
With mayo -- 2
And onions -- 0
On 1 piece of wheat bread -- 1
Green beans -- 0
With Brummel & Brown -- 1

S: Yogurt -- 2

Total: 29

And I managed to get in my 5 veggie servings, 3 dairy, 60 ounces of water, a little exercise and my vitamins. So all in all, a good day. And I attribute my success in large part to this group. So thank you!
Old 07-14-2005, 12:36 AM   #6  
THICK and tired of it

Once again it is very late, and I must head off to bed soon, but I wanted to share with you my big accomplishment today! You may remember the swimming incident from yesterday? I mentioned it to my friend Meg, and she said "Why didn't you go to the other side of the lake?" Well, DUH!! So today Meg and I went back to the pit and swam for at least 30 minutes- and most of it was water aerobics! Apparently she has taken some classes, so she taught me some great moves! Granted, I think it would be easier in a pool so we could balance off the side, but we held hands to keep each other steady and had a ball doing it. Part of the time, we were working so hard we had a hard time talking (I think that is the high intensity level, no?) but we were still laughing and it felt GREAT!! So we made a deal to go everyday together when she gets off work- YAY! Steady exercise that I enjoy! I think that calls for a cheerleader, eh? And a dancing banana, just to keep things balanced...

So here's today's list:

Breakfast: V8, 2 eggs, one piece of FF cheese: 6pts

Lunch: Sandwich with FF bologna, FF cheese, lite bread, lettuce, and sweet onion and lite pringles: 4pts

Dinner: Lloyd's BBQ pork on wheat bun, green beans, corn on the cob, and 8 potato wedges (frozen): 6pts

Snacks: popsicle 1pt, ff hotdog (without a bun, just because I was starving after swimming!) 1 pt, 100-cal pack of chips ahoy 2pts

And, shame on me, 3 lite beers this evening at a friend's house (at my ex-husband's house, actually, with his wife! but that's a story for a different forum probably!) 6pts

That's 26 pts- 2 over my minimum 24 and wendie plan goal for today, but I did exercise today and I think I am supposed to eat those activity points, aren't I? I don't really understand the activity points- Do I have to eat them? Will I lose slower/faster if I don't? If anyone wants to point me in the direction of a thread that discusses this, or explain it to me in a nutshell, that would be grand!

And I forget who asked about the wendie plan- Iowasteph? There's a sticky thread that discusses it in WW general, I think, and explains it very well. It makes sense to me, the theory about keeping the meatbolism burning higher rather than letting it adjust to the lower amount of food eaten every day. I like it- it's really the same as flex, I just have to follow the points for everyday instead of just hitting the minimum and then eating more if I feel like it. So it's a little more rigid, but honestly I think that works better for me. Plus I still have something like 7 flex points left over that I can use if I need to. And the super high day! Well, enough said.

Long post... sorry chickies... Hey! I'm proud of everyone! Three cheers to the ww newbies!

Lori
Old 07-14-2005, 06:41 AM   #7  

Good Morning all!! It's Thursday already? Oh MY!!!

Great job on the exercise Lori!!!! Water aerobics is awesome!! In my understanding of AP, you don't have to eat them. Our leader has said in the past before felx you could bank them for another day (not sure if you still can with flex), eat them, or just not use them inorder to lose weight a bit faster. I know with flex you don't HAVE to eat them, I'm just not sure if you can save them and eat them later.

Great Job Maggie!!! Getting back on track is a big step. Don't worry about eating below your level yet. Just take some time to stay on track for a bit. My theory is to focus on today.

HAVE A DANCING BANANA KIND OF DAY EVERYONE! see you at nap time
~misty
Old 07-14-2005, 06:56 AM   #8  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, Everyone! I'm just finishing breakfast (1C raisin bran and some skim milk) and getting ready for work. More often than not lately, I have gotten up thinking man,this is the last thing i want to do today. I have decided that I am in need of a winning lottery ticket so I don't have to work anymore. Would any of you have one that you would be willing to share? You don't have to give me all of it, but half would be lovely. I'm sure I will be inundated with offers, but really, about $5-6 million should do nicely.

What do ya'll have planned for today? My best friend is coming into town from Georgia and is staying until Tuesday morning. She is going to go to my WW meeting with me on Saturday morning as a guest (if, of course, I can get her up that early). I'm looking forward to my meeting and am hoping hoping hoping that I have a decent loss!

Sigh... time to get dressed and do the makeup and head out for my 70 minute commute to work

Hugs ya'll!
Old 07-14-2005, 07:01 AM   #9  

Thanks for the welcome ... seems like this is going to be a busy, busy group! Lots of posts and I like that as I need motivation.

Izzywas -- There is NO WAY you're slackin' off after six weeks, girl! That is exactly why I'm here on 3FC ... I do very well until I drop that first 20 pounds and then the mind says oh, you look so much better -- and clothes fit better or are too big -- and I've been so good to lose 20 lbs -- so I deserve a treat (maybe chocolate!) And then one treat leads to another treat and I blow the whole thing! I will not let that happen this time and I'm going to be keeping an eye on you, too LOL

IowaSteph -- Not really a Packer fan, but do like it when they win. In this area, you kind of get caught up in Packer-fever. I live just south of Platteville so am almost "neighbors" to your parents. I take it you're an Iowa transplant?

Everyone have a good Thursday and I'll catch you all later ... Bev
Old 07-14-2005, 08:19 AM   #10  
Alis Volat Propriis

Good morning, everyone... I am running sooooo late! I hope you all have a terrific day. Welcome to all the new newbies! I'll check in later. BTW, if we ever decide we need a group siggy, I vote for Misty's line: Have a dancing banana kind of day! Love it, love it!
Old 07-14-2005, 08:41 AM   #11  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Wow! You ladies get an early start! Sorry for getting back to you late, but I've got the votes tallied and *drumroll* the winner is...

The Slimmin' Sistas!

Thank goodness we finally have a name, huh?

Have a great morning everyone!
~Amanda
Old 07-14-2005, 10:11 AM   #12  
Thin Girl In Hiding

WooHoo!!!! I LOVE the idea that I am a Slimmin' Sista!
What a great way to start the day!

Quote:
Izzywas -- There is NO WAY you're slackin' off after six weeks, girl! That is exactly why I'm here on 3FC ... I do very well until I drop that first 20 pounds and then the mind says oh, you look so much better -- and clothes fit better or are too big -- and I've been so good to lose 20 lbs -- so I deserve a treat (maybe chocolate!) And then one treat leads to another treat and I blow the whole thing! I will not let that happen this time and I'm going to be keeping an eye on you, too LOL
Thanks for the support-you guys are better than a DDD cross my heart bra!

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:19 AM   #13  
Alis Volat Propriis

Default Crappy breakfast

Oh, I hate when I do this. I wasted 10 points on a lousy breakfast that left me unsatisfied and definitely not enough to hold me over til lunch, but it was too many points to really allow me a snack without screwing with the rest of my day. I couldn't stand the thought of eating cereal again today, so i went to Whole Foods in search of its yummy tofu scramble with peppers and a side of turkey bacon. At 9AM, all the breakfast food was put away already. There was only high-sugar, high-calorie yogurt; all the frozen meals had tons of fat in them; i wanted something more substantial than just fruit. I wound up with a small container of tofu with balsamic vinagrette and some peas. I like tofu, but this didn't taste very good at all, and the peas got mixed in with the yucky vinaigrette and they tasted funny too. I ate it because I didn't have anything else, but it wasn't worth it. I'm still so hungry. I know that being this hungry at lunch that my regular salad won't satisfy me. Ugh, a downward spiral for the day. But I can fix it somehow.

ALERT: Whole Foods really ticked me off. I love that all their food is organic but I realized that alone doesn't make it healthy. Salad dressings with 18 grams of fat per serving (2 tbsp); frozen vegetarian entrees with 37 grams of fat; fake egg salad (tofu with so much mayonnaise it's obscene). That last one really doesn't make any sense to me. Wouldn't it be healthier to have real egg with just a little fat-free mayo? I guess tofu is the "hot" food these days, so it doens't matter if they gussy it up with ridiculously fatty ingredients. Doesn't ANYONE make good, natural food that tastes good without all that added fat? Geesh, if you can't find it at Whole Foods, where CAN you find it?
Old 07-14-2005, 12:32 PM   #14  
banned

good job cal!!
Old 07-14-2005, 12:34 PM   #15  
banned

hi misty!!
Closed Thread