Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 11:20 AM   #1  
Canadian Chick

Default July 11th-17th (Happy Birthday Modkitten!)

Back to post in a minute
Old 07-11-2005, 11:34 AM   #2  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI!!

Sorry I haven't been on for a bit. Since I got back from my course life has been hectic. The course was awesome! Belle & I didn't get a chance to hook up which is too bad but hopefully we'll get another chance sometime. Anyway at the end of the month we're moving to a different place. There are just too many problems with where we are right now. So we've been busy looking and we think we've found a place but the office where you apply is closed until Wednesday. I really want this place and I am worried that there will be a fight for it b/c the building manager isn't on vacation and could show it even though the office is closed. If we don't get this one I'm going to really panic. Work is slow this week, which is good b/c then I can pack & clean a lot. DH has been bringing boxes home from work, mostly from the produce department so now my living room smells like apples. On a different stressful note I had to get blood tests for part of my physical and it turns out that I have high cholesterol Apparently it is my triglycerides that are high. Makes me a scared a bit. I was doing great but with my trip and packing etc I've been eating like crap. Gotta get back on track.

Hope you are doing great & having good summer weather. Anyway I need to go pack! Take care!
Old 07-11-2005, 04:43 PM   #3  
Running Babe

Hi ladies,

I had a great time on my 15K this weekend. Anyway I am a tired girl today, but I used a vacation day so it's been nice.

Rina: Good luck in finding a place!!

Anyway my basement is almost done so that makes me happy!! Yah! It sucks though, my FH got called into work grrrr...

Oh about my breast lump, doesn't look cancerous, but the doc still wants me to get an ultrasound and a mammogram so I have an appointment in two weeks. I am not too worried about that, I am much more worried about cervical cancer.

Anyhoo take care and I'll WI on Saturday!

Ali
Old 07-11-2005, 10:43 PM   #4  

Hi all-just checking in-almost 18 weeks and for the past few have gained a pound a week-need to start exercising to slow this down. other than that, doing ok-I head to Vancouver this upcoming Sunday for a conference-I am going by myself without DD and DH, and I get to stay in the Four Seasons(all payed for by work) so I'm pretty excited about that!!! Think i'll take advantage of a massage or a facial or something!
Old 07-12-2005, 02:16 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Today I'm going to the dr last night had girlie dinner marathon we went to a coffee house ate dinner played chess ( I love getting to chill somewhere) and had dessert and too much coffee it was great DH worked late on a router so he didn't get home till 1:30 am His company BITES
I have DH convinced to try SBD even though I think Surgery is a good solution for me I have enough time before I'm eligible for medical leave to explore all of the options
and I don't want to watch myself get larger not eating carefully for 7 months.
Ali I'm so glad it's not cancerous I was worried fpr you!
Lori that sounds great you should get some pampering! I had a facial and a mineral bath 2 weeks ago and I was relaxed for ages.
Rina I hear ya on the health issues I have high cholesterol and thats genetic my 85 pound gram has it too.

bbiab Kierie
Old 07-12-2005, 02:48 PM   #6  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default Loooooooooooooooong time...

Hello everyone! Is there room for a shamefaced but also v excited returnee? I used to post here quite regularly, but it's been about 3 years now. It's so good to see so many familiar faces You guys are all so dedicated, hopefully some of it will rub off on me!

Soooooooooooo, what happened? Briefly, I got married 3 years ago and haven't stopped eating since! Then this last year I got a new job and had to live in a different city from DH, which has been really hard (although I love my job) - and spent too many evenings moping at home with ice cream, regained all the weight I'd lost and then some. BUT! DH is moving here *permanently* at the end of next week and we are so excited! We are buying a house in a gorgeous little town by the sea and it's going to be so cool. To celebrate, we've both decided to get back in shape and so I rejoined WW online today, and now here I am!

Looking forward to catching up with everybody - I read through some of the archives and I see congratulations are due to Belle. Congrats, Belle!

Edited to add - congrats to Lori too (I just read the posts above!)!

love,
Lollyx

Last edited by Lollybird; 07-12-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:38 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

WB Lolly!!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 12:52 AM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals,

Another busy day today. I didn't eat too badly considering. Not enough F & Vs but overall not bad. I taught an infant massage class this morning which was super fun! The babies just eat it up. I worked part of the afternoon. It was slow so Dh & I went to a matinee at our cheap theatre (Kicking & Screaming - very cute). THen we came home & packed some more and did a bunch of cleaning. Took a break to watch Big Brother - a big waste of time I know but I can't help myself. Then my hair dresser made a house call & now I have super fabulous hair! I asked for some red & blonde streaks and the red came out to this very dark pink which I totally love! I would've never picked it out on my own but I'm loving it! Its amazing how fab you feel once you do something like this for yourself.

Lori, glad to hear you're taking advantage of some pampering time. Hope you enjoy Vancouver (Canada or Washington?).

Ali, glad to hear you had a good run & that everything is good from your doc. You keep taking care girl.

Kier, glad to hear yougot some girl time. It took me awhile but I finally figured out what SBD stands for. LOL. Are you on meds for your cholesterol? We're going to see if I can get it down with exercise & diet first. Good motivation to get at it. Of course I'm not going to be real strict about it until after we move at the end of the month b/c life just isn't structured right now.

HELLLLLOOOOOO Lolly! Its been ages! Belated congrats on the marriage. We've beenmarried three years too. Are done your schooling yet? I think last we heard you wandered off to the Buffy boards. Are you still in touch with Kirsty? Is life any different over there since those awful bombings? Its just so awful. Anyway glad you're back!

Well I suppose I should be off to bed but its really hot here so I don't know if I'll be able to sleep. I have to get up early tomorrow to meet with our perspective new landlord to find out if we've got the place or not. Oh I hope so!!! They want me to bring a damage deposit so I would think that would me YES! I just hope that they let us move in early like we're hoping too. Keep your fingers crossed (or if you're german your thumbs pressed). Don't know if I'll get a chance to hop on here tomorrow so if not have a super OP day!
Old 07-13-2005, 03:51 AM   #9  
flibbertobbergenie!

Good morning all!

KO, Rina, thanks for the welcome Rina, congrats (belated ones!) on the marriage - I hope you are still as deliriously happy after 3 years as we are! Ahhhhhhhh yes, the Buffy boards. Hours and hours of happy speculation and drooling over Spike the vampire. Now that Buffy is no more I have transferred my allegiance to Alias, but have to stay away from the boards because over here we can only get 3 seasons, and I don't want to know what happened in the 4th one

And yes, I'm still in touch with K, though haven't seen her for ages now that she is Big Star Weather Girl in London and I am all the way up here. But I heard from her last week and she is doing very well - sometimes you can even see her doing the forecast on an (ahem) Major Broadcaster's website!

Things are kind of strange around here since those bombings - especially now we know more about exactly what happened and these guys were British. Scary. On the other hand, I now live in a city with lots of crime and someone was murdered at the end of my road two nights ago, so I guess some things haven't changed.

And Rina, your job sounds so cool - baby massage? They must be adorable! I have everything crossed for your new place... let us know how it goes!

Lollyx
Old 07-13-2005, 11:27 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies:
Last night was the DR and he said my depression is probably Biologically based ( My whole fam has depression) He gave me wellbutrin and Day 1 i know the depression effects won't show for a few days but my body feels great I did not doze at my desk today and my balance is better.
Rina aww Baby Massage that has to feel to good to teach to give and i'm sure to recieve I'm not on cholesterol drugs I want to lose the weight first however way i can.
Lolly I'm married too! about 2 weeks past a year now and I LOVE BUFFY! hopefully you all will get Veronica Mars there soon Its a good buffy substitute.
Can you send us a link to where we might be able to see Kirsty?
How are you keeping?
Gotta Run Work work work
Kierie
Old 07-13-2005, 02:25 PM   #11  
flibbertobbergenie!

Omigod Kier, CONGRATULATIONS! Wow, everybody is so grown up here now! Sorry to hear about your depression ... I hope the meds give you the kick start you need - I did a course several years ago and it did the job just perfectly, so hopefully it will be the same for you Ooh, Veronica Mars, haven't heard of that one ... will def look out for it. Oh - and I will PM you (and anyone else who wants it) the weblink (just in case K doesn't want it shouted all over the web!).

It's got awful quiet here, hasn't it? Newbies, come on over here and post. Tell us all about you!

Sooooooooooooo hot here now, I am about ready to drop. But can't open the windows because there is a plague of daddy-long-legs and they are the one beastie I just can't deal with. ICK

later, 'gators,
Lx
Old 07-13-2005, 08:09 PM   #12  

Hi Lolly! Welcome back! Hi to Kirsty from us-looks like the old board is being resurrected!! Glad to hear she got the weather girl job.

Kier-an evening of relaxation sounds heavenly-only two more days of work and then I am off..

Forgot who asked, but it is Vancouver, BC-very excited about a trip North! From what I have seen on the web it is a beautiful city.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:46 AM   #13  
Canadian Chick

Well today was crazy! We went to fill out the forms and stuff to apply for our new place & the lady was like if you want to leave your deposit I'll give you your keys! I was like don't you want to call our references and she was like no you seem like good people, move in whenever you want to!!! I'm in a bit of shock but very excited and most of all stressed. DH figures we should move this Saturday. I think he's a bit crazy. I don't think he realizes how much stuff we have yet to pack, not mention the cleaning etc. So after we get the keys, he goes back to work, I come home pack ike a madwoman then go to work where I worked my fingers off, come home and pack some more like a madwoman. Oh and did I mention that it was 38C with the humidex here today? We have no air conditioning. Around 9:30 he finally comes home. Apparently he went to help his friend unload something. I say what did you do since you got off of work at 4? He says NOTHING!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!! Why are men idiots? You'd think he'd be smart enough to make up something. Does he think that things just magically appear in the boxes? So far he has packed one box & I have packed thirty. I'm a little frustrated (in case you can't tell). Of course tomorrow should be my TOM so maybe I'm a little sensitive but but frick he should know that too. Supposedly he's going to help tomorrow after work. For some reason I have my doubts. I wish Harry Potter was real & he could come magic up everything for me.....

Lolly, send me Kirsty's website too please. Too cool!

Kier, mental health stuff is very prevalent in my family too. My brother, who sturggles the most, is going to be a daddy in August. I've been praying that this baby doesn't have to struggle with it too.

Lori, It was me who asked. Vancouver is a cool place. I haven't been there in years. If you get a chance hop the ferry over to the island. Its beautiful! Are you hitting Stanley park and the Aquarium etc or do you just have to do boring work stuff the whole time? For an awesome view of the city you can ride up the Grouse Mountain tram and then up the ski lift. You can see the whole city and way out into the ocean when its not cloudy. I hope you have a great time & that my fellow Canadians show what a great country we have!

Well I should head to bed. Its finally cooled off enough I think. We're supposed to get a huge thunderstorm tonight & it sounds like the wind is picking up. Hopefully we still have restful sleeps. Well I shouldn't be on here tomorrow b/c I should be packing so have a good day. After we move I'm not sure how long it will be before they'll be over to hook up the 'net and then we'll be on holidays for two weeks with no internet either. I plan to spend the first day or so in the hammock at our lake reading the new Harry Potter! The best kind of relaxation (well after massageof course!)
Old 07-14-2005, 08:14 AM   #14  
flibbertobbergenie!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Lori, good to see you again - congrats on the kiddies, how old is your DD now? Have a great trip, it sounds *fab*!

Rina, yay! on the flat. Hope you get some help with the boxes ... I am going down to our old flat (where DH is) next week, to pack it up and clean so we can hand it over the following weekend. Hopefully I will get some help with the boxing up ... otherwise I will just claim *I* don't know which comics are important (yes, really) and junk the lot. Maybe you could try sth similar? And I will PM you the weather site in a mo.

Kier - hope things are looking up. Hey, if it cheers you up you could tell me about your wedding

As for me ... I am working at home today, which means listening to Classic FM and reading through all my new WW online stuff (ahem). I am actually really enjoying counting the points again (especially because the online tracker figures them all out for me!). Am also taking lots of calls about our new house - estate agents, solicitors, insurers etc. We are hoping to move in August, but it might be September before everything's done - GRRR. Actually, it was the house that prompted me to get back on WW, because when I filled in the insurance form it asked for my weight ... which was scary because I actually had to get on the scale. And then, of course, they want to give me a medical, because they can't believe someone of my weight would have great blood pressure and cholesterol... so I have that joy to come, sometime in the next couple of weeks. They actually send a nurse to my house!

Anyway, better go - will check back later. Come out and play!
Lx
Old 07-15-2005, 09:27 AM   #15  
Running Babe

LOLLLLLLLY!!!! Welcome back yah! We're slowly getting everyone back!! Congrats on your marriage! I am engaged and shall be getting married in 2007 so that should be exciting. I am in my scaleavoidus mode right now. It's been a tough year and frozen yogourt with extra chocolate chips have been a companion for me. I wanted to go to a WW tomorrow, but my fiance needs to return a rental so I shall go next week, but am trying to keep my points at a respectable level now.

Lori: If you go to the BC Vancouver you'll be in the same city as my brother. It's been very cool there lately, unlike all the heat we have right now.

Kierie: I am not completly out of the woods yet, but after the tests I hope everything comes back negative.

Rina: My boyfriend's family struggles with high triglyceride levels too. I hope they start to plummet soon. I hear ya on the packing and stuff. We're moving stuff back downstairs this weekend and I think I'll be doing most of it. I need to buy some replacement book shelves and storage bins so that our basement will look a lot neater than it was. When I was moving last year my FH kept having to work late!! That was frustrating.

So what's your current weight loss motivations?

Here are mine:

Health - a scare and a really bad situation grrr in the first six months of this year.
Running - being thinner would increase my speed
Clothes - lots of great clothes I can't wear right now.
Because I am worth the effort - I owe it to myself to present myself as a strong, fit woman.
Engaged - as good a reason as any, I want to look fabulous on my wedding day!!

Cheers!

Ali
Closed Thread