Old 07-12-2005, 05:48 PM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Log in your Exercise~ (well, if u wanna...hehe)

Hi guys,
I don't know about you but when I do it and then SEE IT on here...it just gets me that much more motivated. So, here goes...I did a 1/2 hour last night and just finished 1/2 hour a little while ago. Including the 10 minutes this morning when I took "Minnie Min" for here morning walk. Poor li'l thing...I wouldn't let her stop and "sniff" cause I was on a mission to get going. Had to take Billy to the ER and then back. Sooo, while he was getting dressed and brushing his teeth, etc....I went for a "quickie". So that's 40 minutes total so far. I'll be going again for Minnie's "night night" walk. That will be another 20 minutes. So, I'm feeling pretty high and mighty because it's also my 2nd day of being a .... a.....are you ready???......A NON-SMOKER!!!!!!!!! And I don't even WANT one.... that’s the weird part...I think the scare I had the other night really did it this time. So, all I can do is keep taking one minute at a time with the smoking and one day at a time with the weight. I hope you're all having a good day.
Cya later,
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:52 PM   #2  

Congrats, PJ, on both of your great accomplishments!

I'm doing more walking myself, but I really need to find shoes that won't kill me when I walk - invariably, I get blisters and end up doing less than I would like, because I'd be limping by the end of it! I seem to be in shoe h*ll, where I try it on in the store, it feels great, I even try to break them in before wearing them out, but nothing seems to help. If anyone has any secrets, please share them!

So I need to get past that and get more movement in. That's my goal for now!

Hope all is well with Billy and that the trip to the ER wasn't too traumatic!
snowyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:32 PM   #3  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default :tired:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I am sooooooooo po'd right now. I just lost the entire post I wrote to you elaine. AAAAGGH!!!!!! Usually, if I'm going to write something lengthy, I'll copy and paste halfway through it because after years of getting "frozen" or hit a wrong key and everything went POOF...I've learned to do that....but did I do it tonight? NNOOOOOoooooooooo, OOOFFFFFFF COURSE NOTTTTTTTtttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!
aaaaagghhh!!!!!
Soooooooo, to make it short and sweet because I'm tired and cranky and I want to EAT SOMETHING BAD BAD BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! and my puter wont let me chat in the chat room..... (don't ask, it's over 8 yrs. old..something to do with the java scripts)...

Elaine - There's just no way of getting out of it.....YOU HAVE TO TAKE TIME, TIME, TIME and more TIME to find that pair of sneaks that fits perfect, looks right, will cost you an arm and a leg and it WILL take you a long time. So plan on an entire day or even a weekend but don't let it frustrate you too much. Try being a size 10 1/2 narrow. Atleast in sneakers and boots. In sandals and some other shoes, I can sneak by in a 10 narrow. As a matter of fact, that's the ONLY thing that has stayed NARROW on my body my entire life....MY FREAKIN FEET! aaaghhh!!!!! O.K. - so.....just keep in mind that this small fortune that you are about to spend on your feet....is for just that....YOUR FEET....the things that are going to enable you to walk, jog, etc. to lose your butt....and to get into shape and to get to your goal and, and, and...you get my drift. Soooo, I wish I had better news as for the sneaks but that's the truth and nothin but the truth Elaine. If you have hard to fit feet...the above is the way to go.....just take it slow and be REALLY REALLY picky....and it also helps if u go to a store where they really know what they're talking about too.......
Good luck my friend,

Please God, let me sleep tonight

Last edited by PJ; 07-13-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:48 AM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default I'm a REAL Night Owl tonight!

Can't sleep!!!! and it's 1:45am. AAAAGGGHHH!!!!!!! I took a bath about a 1/2 hour ago and walked my dog "Minnie" about 2 hours ago for a 1/2 hour...so I got my exercise in, just wish I could get some sleep...Hope you're all doing well. Stop in and say HI!!!

Old 07-28-2005, 08:01 AM   #5  

Hi

I met my sister in a mall early (before most stores opened) and we walked around with the other walkers until I saw a place where they gave hair cuts. The price was right so I had most of my old permanent cut off. Later, she phoned me and we decided that we had walked 15 minutes before I stopped. So I guess that's my exercise for July 27, 2005.

Freddie
Effenbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:18 PM   #6  
finding the thin inside

Default Exercise for July.28

Figured I'd put exercise for july.28 in this same thread instead of starting a new one I did 30 minutes of walking and 10 minutes of strength training on my ab/arm machine.
Hope everyone else gets off of their butts today!!
RainyAfternoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 12:34 PM   #7  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Was on my feet all day yesterday running here and there...so I figure that accounts for something. I'm getting ready to take "minnie" for a walk before it starts pouring outside. It looks like it's going to break open on us any minute. I always walk her for 20-30 minutes. Don't know how far it is but I start out slow to warm up and then walk at a fairly fast pace.

I just had some cottage cheese (no, don't eat it for a diet per say...I just like it) and should get my butt out of this chair and off the computer. Hope to see you all later.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:33 PM   #8  

Between last night and today, mydaughter and I walked 6.5 miles in 2 hours and she wants to go another walk?????? I wish I could bottle her energy and sell it! Can you tell she is a cheerleader ?
jacolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:38 AM   #9  

For the second time this week I walked 15 minutes in the Mall.

Freddie
Old 07-30-2005, 06:44 PM   #10  

Good for you, Freddie! It adds up after a while. An Jacol - 6 miles???????????????? <falls over in shock!> Wow!

PJ, you need to get a pedometer. That way you can run around all you want and track it.

Last week I picked up the pilates resistance bands from the Discovery store. It was a good thing I did, since I could take them with me on my trip and had no excuse not to use them in my hotel room. So I got a lot of workouts this week and now that I'm back home, I have no excuse not to keep it up!
Old 07-31-2005, 12:52 AM   #11  

Hi all! Olivia and I walked to our meeting today (4 miles) and then my daughter (gotta freaking love her) said "Hey Mom, when are we going on our walk?" I told her we already did our walk this morning and she told me that it didn't count. So here I sit feeling kind of like a pretzel because she said we HAD to do our 3 miles today. Ok she's 8 and has no concept that a 39 yo would like to just sit and watch the television occasionally.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:44 AM   #12  

Keep going. I hope you did the 3 miles also with your daughter.
The television will always be there!!!

Freddie
Old 07-31-2005, 12:37 PM   #13  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Elaine - The pedometer is a great idea, especially while I'm working.

jacolmom - Isn't it great how our kids can keep us young? Hey, my daughter just turned 17 and my son is 10. I can't believe I have a 17 yr. old...they grow soooo fast so enjoyyyyyyyy them........I'm sure you don't need anyone to tell you that but I just wanted to comment.

Hey Freddie - So true about the T.V. Lately I'm a night time watcher. It helps me to fall asleep. NICE JOB ON THE MALL WALKING!!!!
Old 07-31-2005, 09:39 PM   #14  

I'd probably fall over in pain if I tried that kind of walking.

Have been doing pilates lately, so I'm going the slow route, but at least I'll be more flexible for when I get more active. One step at a time is the route to go in my book!
Old 07-31-2005, 10:04 PM   #15  

Isn't true that the kids keep you young??? Olivia DID do the 3 miles last night. My incentive was to buy the stuff for Stuffed French Toast 5 pts !

We walked today and by the middle of the walk, between us sweating and it heated up really quick, we did 4miles. Poor Olivia almost died. It seemed really weird today how the weather was. It cooled off finally but for about 2 hours we were hot.

I was going to try Pilates. What's that like?