Old 07-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #1  

Default Week at a Time #3

The object of this thread is to take on a challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s) and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on the challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:25 AM   #2  
yvette120

Hi I'm new here my challenge for the week is to exercise at lest three days this week

yvette120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:04 PM   #3  
Haley

I didn't lose any weight last week, so this week that needs to change. I'm going to Mexico Friday through Tuesday and will not be able to go to the gym, perhaps I could have a run on the beach?? That'd be fun.

Anyways, my goal for this week is to exercise Monday through Thursday and to keep up on my healthy eating. I want to see a few pounds lost when I get back Tuesday night.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:44 PM   #4  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

My goal is to drink my water - at least 1.5 litres/day.

Edit: I'll add another one... not sure if it counts, as it's just a one-day thing, but it's not to skip the "stress management workshop" I signed up for. And to follow some of the tips I should hopefully get there during the rest of the week (Thur-Sun).

Last edited by Sushi Penguin; 07-11-2005 at 12:55 PM.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #5  

Haley, if you're staying at an all-inclusive resort, there will probably be a gym. There is also wonderful snorkeling around P de C and further south at Akumal and Xel-Ha.

My biggest challenge at these all-inc. places is the vast quantity of food and drink - I tend to consume a great deal "to get my money's worth". But there are always good, healthy options available if you want them.

If you're not at an all-inc., fruit for brekky, ceviche for lunch, pan-fried fish for dinner... The local food is very, very good.

I've visited the area many times, and it really is pretty safe. Playa is a port town and still has a lot of superannuated hippies hanging around, so be careful at night, but you should have no trouble in the daytime.

You may actually have no desire to eat much - it's very,. very hot there this time of year.

Enjoy, and don't forget your sunscreen!!!

Carla
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:53 PM   #6  

Welcome to our newest members Sushi Penquin and yvette120! Great goals - we are here for you
So many of us had successes last week! A for each day goals were met (and posted)!
Bonniebelle
squiggly 1 lb and 3 inches down!
haleys

princess 3 lbs. down Happy Anniversary!
carla Good luck on your new goals and your trip!
and me 1lb down
Let me know if I missed anyone. I am looking forward to having all of you tote the 7-day scoreboard next Monday!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 07-11-2005, 07:50 PM   #7  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Wow, thank you so much for the welcome, I totally didn't expect it!

Anyway, I'm doing good so far, just one 500 mL bottle left to reach my goal. Tomorrow will be tricky, I'll be running errands all day, and no idea whether (usable) toilets will be available... but I'll do my best!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:10 AM   #8  

Monday's report: stayed on target, and even went for a 30+ walk in the steamy heat tonight. For various reasons my trip will start tomorrow instead of today, which suited me just fine. A bonus day at home before the grind of airports and flying. My fingers are crossed that I'll wake up early and go for a bike ride in the AM before leaving...

Carla
Old 07-12-2005, 11:12 AM   #9  

Default Can I join you guys?

Really like the idea of starting each week new ... keeps me focused knowing I only have to think about 7 days! My goals are to stay within my WW points every day (22) and walk at least 30 minutes every day. Yesterday (Monday) I ate 21 points and walked 40 minutes in the a.m. and 20 minutes in the evening after it cooled down. So it was a very good day!

You are all doing very well and I'd really appreciate being a member of your group. Bev
Bev in WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:11 PM   #10  
Haley

Congratulations to everyone on a week well done and completed and good luck on this upcoming week. Stay focused on your goals and you will be able to accomplish them!

Carla,

That is a great idea, I think I'm going to check when I arrive if they have a gym at the hotel. I know we will be doing A LOT of walking because my family is all in very good shape and wants to see a lot of the area, they've been there before so they have a good idea of where to go. I know we'll be probably walking up and down lots of pyramids, and planning on going snorkeling a few times so maybe I won't even need gym time.

I'm a vegetarian so the fish won't work, but I'm planning on eating an enormous amount of delicious fruit.

Oh yeah, the sunscreen is a MUST for me because I am very light-skinned and burn very easily, I'm bringing my 50 spf along for all the fun.

Thank you for all the great tips!!

Last edited by haleys; 07-12-2005 at 12:15 PM.
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:39 PM   #11  

Default Tuesday Greetings

Welcome to newest member Bev in WI - I am doing WW too! We are on-line WW buddies! Monday challenges were met by:
Sushi Penquin (We know you met your goal last night!)
carla Great tips for haleys (and the rest of us) thanks for your generous sharing! Have a great trip - Stay in touch when you can
Bonniebelle and 1 lb down already
Bev New member - jumping right in!
mscat

Only 6 more days to go - we are magnificent!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:48 PM   #12  

Monday: Curves + tapes and I drank a gallon of water (this has been a secret goal of mine for a few years ever since an amateur body builder shared with me that he fills a gallon jug with water at the start of his day and he knows that he is finished drinking water for that day when the jug is empty.)

Today: elliptical (12 minutes ) + listened to tapes + journaled.

my food was not what i wanted it to be today. stay tuned for how it is tomorrow.

moderation + gentleness to all and to all a good night!
princess. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:59 PM   #13  

I am interested in knowing where everyone is from, if you are willing to share that information. Where I am, we had no Spring. We went directly into Summer and it is difficult to breathe once a door to the outside has been opened. As I read posts, I am wondering if people are walking inside or outside, and if outside where they live. I trust that I won't be hearing about any of you having heat stroke......
princess. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #14  

Well, as far as my goals are concerned, it has been Terrible Tuesday. No awards for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my inspiration will come back tomorrow. Maybe some motivation too. It will be hard as i'm working with colleagues who are also friends, and they always want to eat together, and I find it extra hard to be "good" when I'm out with others. They've all heard me moan about my weight for so long I'd rather not talk about diet number 9,528 around them.

I have my laptop with me, and brought along WATP DVD's i can do in my room if tomorrow's rain and thunder materialises. If not, I'll try to get out for a walk or two. (if for no other reason, I have to leave the hotel to go find lobster rolls. Yum. I'll try to be reasonable...)

Congrats all on your success so far!

Carla
Old 07-13-2005, 07:25 AM   #15  

Default Tuesday

Mscat - thanks for the welcome

Had a good Tuesday -- 22 points and walked for 50 minutes. I have several routes and depending on time restraints (and my motivation!), I pick easy & flat or hilly. Did the hills yesterday and could really feel it in my calves and butt muscles!

Princess -- I live in Southwestern WI and walk very early in the morning or at night after the sun goes down. You are definitely right in that it would be asking for a heat stroke to walk mid-day here. Has been HOT & HUMID -- I can work up a good sweat just walking at 6 am

Hope everyone else had a good Tuesday and now on to another day ... Bev
Bev in WI is offline   Reply With Quote