Old 07-10-2005, 08:18 AM   #1  

Smile Circle of Friends

Hello everyone

We were very fortunate with Dennis. We got a lot of wind and rain out of it and thankfully did not lose our electricity. My girlfriend called last night from NH and her son who doesn't live very far from us lost his electricity. We are more inland than he is anyway, so that could be why. A little while ago we were under a tornado warning. They spotted one north of us and it was heading NW. I guess we're still under the gun today for more nasty weather. I feel so bad for the people that are going to get hit head on with this hurricane.

Anne, a puppy! How thrilling for you and your family. I know it will be well loved. A Beagle and Lab mix sounds like a good combination to me. I love both those breeds. I hope you have a safe trip and hope you come back home with the puppy. I am sorry that your sister decided not to get a puppy. That must have been a disappointment for you because you were so looking forward to her getting one.

Barb, I am so sorry about your SIL. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. How did she do after she got the 2 units of blood? Please keep us posted. James Patterson is one of my favorite authors. I love the Women's Murder Club series. I've got the 4th one, but haven't read it yet. Have you read his books, Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas and Sam's Letter to Jennifer? If not, I highly recommend them. I also like his Alex Cross series. Have you read anything by Janet Evanovich? Her Stephanie Plum series is a hoot! She just came out with #11. But, I would suggest you start with the first one and work your way up. Good luck tomorrow on jury duty.

Kate, is your friend still down here with her daughter?

Nikki, hope things are going ok with you.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Ali
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:15 AM   #2  

Good Morning Everyone

Ali, so glad your safe and sound. That has to be very scary and I've sure been worried about you. Hope that the storms pass by you very quickly.

Barb, I am so sorry for all that is going on in your life. I will keep you and your SIL and family in my prayers too. It sounds like you are under a great deal of stress right now. I hope going back to your old job is a smooth transition for you though. I have never been on the Perricone diet, I've read it. It is a very, very healthy diet, but I'm just not a salmon lover. I eat it once or twice a month and it's only because it's healthy for me. Now, they say that farm raised is not good for you, so I try to buy the wild salmon, which costs a fortune here. Then there are the blueberries, by the time they get to our stores, they look like they are dehydrated and rotten. I did plant a blueberry bush last year, but the little thing still looks like a twig.

Anne, I'm very happy to hear that your getting a dog. That will be a wonderful addition to your family. I love puppies, they bring a great deal of joy into a home. I bet your mom will be thrilled. How is she getting along?

Kate, are you camping yet? It's now unbearable hot here again. DH wants to start working on the house again, starting tomorrow. I'm all excited about it (not!)
Better get busy in the yard before it's too hot, take care all , Nikki
nikkic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #3  

Hi all
My internet service has been going up and down all day. I'm going to try to sneak in here while I can.

Ali: I'm so glad that Dennis wasn't too bad for you. I'm sure it's such a worry waiting to see what will happen and tornadoes...those things are so scary. Don't know when my friend was coming home. She was supposed to call me from down there, but I haven't heard anything. Stay safe.

Nikki: We're leaving early Saturday morning for the mountains. It takes about 5 hours to get there. It's supposed to get hot and humid again this week. We did have a little more rain yesterday. What are you doing on the house now?

Anne: Puppies are just so cute and such fun. We had a Bless the Animals service at church today. Anyone who wants can bring their pet. We had quite a variety....many dogs/puppies, llamas, a horse, cat. It was a wonderful service outside under a tree with a nice breeze blowing. At the end of the service the minister had owners and pets in a semi-circle and he went around and said a prayer for each one and their families. Unfortunately I didn't take Abby. DH had gotten up early and taken her with him down to the lake to test the boat Glad that you're seeing lots of security in your area. Hope this week at work will go well for you.

Barb: You've had so much going on and now your SIL's illness. I hope that she's doing better. My prayers are with your family. I hope this week goes well for you with your "new" job. It's hard making changes. At least you'll be in a familiar place. How is your DH doing? Has he lost more weight? Good thing you'll only have your free lunch one day a week. That's hard to resist. You take care of yourself.

Well, I made it through this post without getting kicked off Got some things to finish up around here so I'll say goodbye.

Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:31 PM   #4  
Hang In There

I spent the day telling people I know and love about my job change. My sister works for/with us and she was on vacation last week and I had to tell her today so she wouldn't just go in and find out then. Then one of our employees goes to church with us, so we went to eat after church tonight and told him and his wife.

I found out yesterday that I was mistaken about my jury duty and it is Tuesday and not Monday, so I call Pam (my new boss) and I am going to work tomorrow.

I'll let you know how it comes out.

Ali glad you didn't get too much damage. Anne, I glad you got a new puppy, but the only thing wrong with puppies is that the grow up to be dogs!!! In case you didn't realize it, I'm a cat person!!!

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:41 AM   #5  

Hi everyone,

More torrential rain came through yesterday morning then the sun came out by mid afternoon.

Anne, did you get the puppy yesterday?

Barb, good luck to you on your new "old" job today. That must have been hard telling your sister and employees about you getting a job. I hope things start looking up for you soon.

Kate, where are you going camping? I haven't been camping since I was a kid. It was a lot of fun. We went camping somewhere near Lake George at one time. We also camped on the lot before our summer cottage was built.

Nikki, is it still hot where you are? Please take care when you start on your house.

Hope you all have a great day.
Ali

Last edited by aleka; 07-11-2005 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:44 AM   #6  

Good Morning Everyone:
Ali, how are your doing???? I bet you had alot of anxiety with this ordeal.
Thank God you and your DH were spared power loss. I feel so sorry for
the folks that were so badly flooded. I was watching Anderson Cooper
out in the storm. Unbeleiveable coverage!!!
Well, our deal on the puppy fell through, but.....two of my sons and I went
to a pet store by our house yesterday. We bought the most adorable
little puppy. It is a cockapoo. It is too cute He was born May 10
and we have called him Toby. My mother and my sister just went crazy over
him. I said Toby, you have come into a family that is going to love you so
much. We are all crazy about him. I just hated coming to work today. What
is good is James and Sean are home for the summer and can play with Toby
and get him used to the family. He is already a happy little boy, wagging
his tail, kissing everyone. The pet store told us he may not eat well for
the first couple of days but, he is eating and drinking just fine.

Barb, I hope things start to go better. I will keep your SIL in my prayers. How do you feel about Jury duty?

Kate: No rain yet, our lawns are parched.

Hi Nikki, I am back on track with Suzannes program. I am hoping walking
Toby will step up my excerise and energy level in the evenings.
Talk to you guys later.
Anne.
ANNE D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:56 AM   #7  

Anne, congratulations on your new puppy, Toby He sounds so adorable. I am so happy for you that you found the perfect dog and I wish you many-many happy years with him. Bet you can't wait to get home from work tonight.

Ali
Old 07-11-2005, 12:55 PM   #8  
Lucyee

HI I am new to the 3 fat chicks site and have been having a very hard time choosing a weight loss program, that is right for me. I started the other day, thinking I might try LA Weight Loss and I got a message telling me how expensive the program is. That and my usual run back to WW feelings, made me write to a couple of the WW forums. Yesterday, I was rethinking that I had bought all the Somersizing books, from Suzanne somers and I never tried the program. I need a change. I keep jumping back and forth. Then, I saw a message on 3 fat chicks site that Aleka was on Somersizing. Need help. Would like to try it, but I am a little undecided. Hope one of you, might be able to help me out. I didn't know there was a support site here on 3 fat chicks, for Somersizing. I feel so silly, posting all over the place and I must make a decision. Help?? Thanks, Lucyee
Lucyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 02:13 PM   #9  

Lucyee,

Hi, Anne, Ali and I use to Somersize and now, it's just Anne. Ali wrote a very good review of it here on 3FC's. It's a great plan, but does take a little while to get use to. There is a BB on her website for it and it's full of recipes and great info www.somersize.com click on community at the top of the page and on discussion on the side of the next page.
Having said that, you are more than welcome to join our group. We use to post on the Low Carb board, but since we are more of a support group now (some of us follow other plans besides low carb), we were asked to move here. Sometimes, we don't even follow a plan, but we stay together, because we all have the ultimate goal of wanting to be healthy.
I would suggest reading one of her books completely, before really deciding if you want to do it. My favorite is Somersize Fast and Easy. They are all great to have, they have such delicious recipes. I lost around 50 lbs following this program. My downfall was the desserts, I would over eat them. I decided I needed a stricter program which led to a series of other programs. To be honest, if I'd stuck with Somersizing (we usually just say SS for short), but laid off the desserts, I would probably be at my goal weight.
Anyway, welcome to the group and please feel free to stay, no matter what you decide, Nikki
Old 07-11-2005, 02:35 PM   #10  

Hi Lucyee,

I am glad you found us. Somersizing is a wonderful WOE I wish I hadn't stopped eating that way because now I am having a tough time getting back on track. Suzanne's book, Fast & Easy is my favorite of all her SSizing books. The recipes are for people who don't really like to cook. Personally I had a hard time losing weight on her program, I seemed to have lost size instead. I was impatient because the numbers weren't going down fast enough for me. I wish I knew then what I know now. I was going through a very stressful time in my life and started eating my comfort foods, which were not SSizing foods. If you have any questions, hopefully either Nikki, Anne, or I can answer them for you. I'll repeat what Nikki said, no matter what plan you follow, please feel free to join our group, and a big WELCOME!
Take care,
Ali (Aleka)
Old 07-11-2005, 07:25 PM   #11  
Lucyee

Hi! Thanks for answering me, so promptly. You both really helped me a lot. I'd love to join your group and get to know you. I think I will just take it slowly and start eating the right way. Your suggestions were great. Thanks, Lucyee
Old 07-11-2005, 10:15 PM   #12  
Hang In There

My first day is over. It's suprising how much you remember. I really felt pretty comfortable doing the work. And there were only a few acquard(sp) minutes with a couple of the doctors, but more good moments.

My past experience with jury duty is that I will sit around all day waiting for my name to be called then go home.

We must have gotten a little bit of Dennis this afternoon. It poured her this afternoon, just when I was on my way home. The 10 minute drive took almsot 45. There were several fender benders, several trees and limbs down and I actually saw the wind catch a metal roof of a building and rip it off like a can opener. I was scared it was going to fly over and hit my car, but it didn't. It was a scarry site.

I still haven't decided on a plan, I took a lean cusine to work today, but when I got home, I was starved and ate several cookies.

I'll check backi in tomorrow.

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:59 AM   #13  

Morning Everyone Opps, got to get a cup of coffee

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I went to the courthouse with the kids to be their witness to get their marriage license, went with DD to order her cake, then to the store to shop. After I got home, I pulled weeds and did a few other chores. Then trimmed the hedges. After I got done with the hedges, I realized I was over heated and had to come in and cool off. I felt miserable the rest of the day and never did get back on my feet again. It really hit me quick and I had drank lots of water. I suppose it was because it's so hot and humid and I was working mostly in the sun. Today, we are going to start ripping the sofet off the west side of the house and then replacing it. I thought DH was going to remove the siding on that side today and I would not have to help, but he says that this time, he's not ripping it off till he's ready to replace it. The sofet (sp) is a real pain to try to replace. It took us days to fix the one on the north side. We are residing the house and replacing the windows, but we are doing it one side at a time, since it's just DH and I doing it and he is working too, so it's taking awhile. The plan is, to do this side and maybe the front this year. Next year, we will have to have the electrical system trenched in and taken off the outside of the house, before we can start on the last side. Before we can do that, we will have to bust up and remove the concrete driveway. DH use to pour concrete for a living, so he can replace it too. This will take a long time to complete.

Barb, I'm a cat person too. I have 3 of them. I have had dogs too, but we don't think we will have anymore. You never know though. Good luck with jury duty, hope it goes quickly for you. Those Lean Cuisines never fill me up, I have to have a salad and a piece of fruit with them.

Anne, I am thrilled that you have found Toby, he sounds like the perfect addition to your family. I am so jealous. My dad had one when I was a teenager and he was the smartest dog. What color is Toby? Do you have any pictures yet? I'd love to see him. The other day, Crystal was looking through my pictures and she said, Mom, you have more pictures of animals than you do of us kids

Lucyee (one of my favorite names btw), that is what I'm doing right now. I decided to just eat what I know is healthy, try to keep my portions under control and exercise. I'm doing pretty good with it and seem to be getting smaller. Plus, I feel better too

Ali, hope the rain ends soon where you are. I bet your really tired of it. We could sure use some, but doesn't look like it will make it here. The ground has big, deep cracks, even where there is usually water standing all the time.

Kate, your camping trip sounds like so much fun and relaxing too. Do you have any air mattresses to sleep on? We use to do that when we camped in tents and it sure did help out.

Talk to you all later, Nikki
Old 07-12-2005, 08:48 AM   #14  

Hello everyone~~

Yesterday, around supper time we had this deluge of rain come through. We had more rain out of that storm than we did from Dennis! Part of our street was flooded. Talk about tropical downpours! Good thing for Lacee there were only a few claps of thunder.

Lucyee, I am glad that you're going to join us. I'm doing the same, making healthier choices (most of the time). I've cut out a lot of processed foods, and eating "real" food, anything with high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils, I put back on the shelf. Also, what may help you, if you don't already do this, pay attention to what you're eating and how you feel, and when you feel comfortable, not overly full, stop eating no matter how much food is on your plate. I try to do that now. It may take some practice. I'm just getting back exercising after pulling or straining a muscle in my hip.

Barb, that must've been scary seeing that roof being torn off. You were lucky that roof didn't hit your car. Lean Cuisine doesn't stay with me either, there really isn't much food in them. There is a brand of frozen meals, Life Choice, which are low carb meals. They have about same amount of calories as the other diet meals, are very filling and stay with you. You get a lot of meat and veggies. I haven't seen them in a while in our grocery store, so I'm not sure if they still make them or not. If you do see any, they're really worth it. Glad that your first day back to work was a good one for you. It's really different having a boss other than yourself. Good luck with jury duty today.

Nikki, you really have your work cut out for you. I hope things go smoothly for you. Please take care of yourself in this heat, especially if you're not used to working in it. A friend of ours' replaced the windows in his house by himself and it took a long time.

Anne, how is Toby doing? You must be having such a good time watching his antics. There is nothing like a puppy, I wish they could stay puppies, forever, only trained, though.

Kate, you must be getting ready for your camping trip. You'll have so much fun.

Enjoy your day everybody.
Ali

Old 07-13-2005, 10:08 AM   #15  
Lucyee

Hi! How is everyone doing today. When I figure out how to change my print to a nice color, than this ugly old black, I will do it. All of your posts look so pretty and bright. Thanks for all the encouraging words. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and sharing with you. I am starting to eat better and by Monday, once I get to the store and do a little shopping I should be more on track. Hope you all have a great day. It is cloudy here, in New Jersey, today. Hi to Aleka, Nikki, Anne, Kate, Barb, I hope I haven't forgotten anyone. Please forgive me until I get into the swing of it, if I did. Weening myself off the sugar and white flour is going to take a day or so. Wish you all luck, with your weather and your programs, today. BBL. Lucyee