Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #1  

Question 10 lbs in a month?

Hi everyone...this is only my second post. I've been doing well with my new lifestyle, eating healthier; no sugar except for fruit, lots of water, less starchy carbs and exercising every day (I've lost 17 lbs since may). I'm trying to stick to maximum 2000 calories per day and exercise at least an hour a day. Is it possible to lose ten lbs with these methods alone in about one month? What would you guys recommend to increasing weight loss with the methods I've been using? Any thoughts from personal experience would be wonderful! Thanks so much!
mari_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:27 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I think it really depends on how much you have to lose in the first place. I know I could never lose 10# in a month, took me a year to lose 12# !! I follow a 1300to1500 cals/day food plan along with running 3-4 times/week and weight training 3-4times/week ... I don't think that at first if you have a lot of weight to lose 10# is too much to ask per month. But as you get closer to your goal that would be quite a bit in a month, because weight loss slows down near the end. A healthy amount of weight to lose is 2#/week... But as I said, everyone is different and the slower you lose the weight, the better it is in the long run ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:00 AM   #3  

I'm enormous, and normally lose about ten pounds in a month, well did at the start but it's slowing down a bit now. It's not possible to do anything to lose a particular amount. I am quite convinced that losing weight is quite stressful for the body, and you just have to take it at the pace it wants to go.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote