Old 07-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #1  

Smile Looking for someone who weighs 206

I would like to buddy with someone who weighs the same as I do. I weigh 206 pounds and I would like to get down to 130. I would like to do a weekly weigh in on Mondays to chart our progress. Anybody out there who is willing to buddy with me?
70poundloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:37 PM   #2  
4 gr8 ones

Hi 70...I weigh 205 give or take a pound. And I would like to be at 130 to 140. I have had four kids so I'm not sure if my body can be 130. Tell me alittle about yourself.
I'm Crystal, almost 28 years old. Been married almost 10 years and stay home with my four kids. I live in Texas where I homeschool. My kids are daughter 6 1/2, daughter 4 , son 2 1/2 and daughter 5 months.
I'm still trying to get in the frame of mind to do what I need to do to lose weight. I'll exercise as I can and watch what I eat. The only method to losing weight for me is Common Sense and God.
Are you ready?
mamamoore4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:52 PM   #3  

Hi MommaMoore4! I am so glad that you responded. My name is Cheryl. I am 34 years old, single with no children. I would love to be married with 4 children. I want 2 girls and 2 boys. I am a teacher. I teach middle school students. When I chat, I sometimes throw the rules of grammar out of the window. I see a personal trainer Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. She says that I need to increase my intensitiy in order to see results. It is very hard. I am so glad that you are a Christian. I am as well. I am new to the board. My starting weight is 206. I don't know how to post my chart that shows where I started and where I'd like to end. I will try to figure that out. I hope to keep in touch. Let's weigh in every Monday. I need motivation.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:45 PM   #4  
4 gr8 ones

Hi Cheryl, I too am glad you are a Christian. My last group was full of non christians although they claimed to be, they weren't like me.
I think it's great that you are a teacher. Not sure how you feel about homeschooling, but that is where I stand.
Because I stay home, I don't have a personal trainer or time for that matter or even money for that matter. Husband is unemployed and has been since October. He completed a fire academy and has one week left of EMT school. Then hopefully he'll get a job. Therefore, I have an exercise bike that I'm trying to find time to use. I'd also like to go walking outside from time to time.
I am right at 206 and only 5'3". I haven't always been overweight, it just kept coming as years of marriage passed and having four kids. My kids are great and they come first that's why I don't always have time. I'm old fashioned in so many ways meaning, when dh is home I spend time with him and the family unless I'm in the kitchen or doing other chores. I try to have a good dinner cooked and I serve him his plate and am at a close side when he needs refills and such. It used to get to me that I was like that, but now I'm glad I am. I think that's one way God uses me. As a housewife to care for the members of my family.
I don't diet by following any plans at all. It doesn't work, someone else telling me what to eat and not to eat. I LOVE sweets and I can't break that. I love to cook and bake. I can't always afford to buy nutritious items. I simply do the best I can.
Let's exchange email addresses and/or im names so we can be at a hands reach to one another. I don't know about you but to me 3fat chicks site is sometimes slow.
You may need to private message me, don't expose your email on this site, you never know who's lurking.
Let's do this!!!
Okay go to your control panel and there is an example of a ticker for weight, click on it and just simply follow step by step until you get it posted in your signature under control panel. Hope that helps.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/210/145

Height: 5'4

Hi Ladies,
I am at 205 and trying to get down to 135. I am 37 and have been married for 19 yrs this August 2nd. I also weigh in on Mondays. I started this four weeks ago. I am execising allot and watching what I eat. I am a mother of two boys 13 and 16. We recently moved to Okinawa Japan because hubby is in the navy.I am also a christian and have a personal relationship with God.I would love to join the group.
Vicki
Vicki in Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:45 AM   #6  
4 gr8 ones

Vicki, I am very excited to have you here. I'm glad that Cheryl asked for people like us. If you read my previous message you'll know that I don't have a "plan", but I do what I can with common sense and God's help. Lots of prayer.
I think it finally hit last night as I looked at myself in the mirror in disgust. My motivation is this; first I have my 10 year high school reunion in October. Still not sure if I'm going but like to lose some weight just in case. And secondly, my husband is about to become a firefighter and I know so many women attracted to men in uniform especially firefighter, I'm one of them. I know my hubby loves me JUST the way I am, but I want to look better for him. Anyways, let's start chatting.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:45 PM   #7  

Hi Vikki and Crystal,
I am glad that you guys responded. It's about 9:45 where I am so I am posting late this evening. I like the computer, so I will probably chat frequetly. I am going to try to send you both my personal e-mail.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:10 PM   #8  

I have sent you both a private message with my e-mail address. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that you got it.
I have already charted my weight and target. I just don't know how to make it show when I type my message. I'll keep trying maybe I'll figure it out.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:16 PM   #9  
4 gr8 ones

I got your pm Cheryl and have emailed you. Hope to hear from you soon.
Make your signature and on the bottom of the post pages, you can check where it says ALWAYS SHOW SIGNATURE.
Hope that helps.
I'm getting close to brushing teeth and reading before bed. I'll check in in the morning. Have a great night.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:00 AM   #10  

Hey you two. I will check and see if I got the email. Today has been a good day. Remember I am 13 hrs ahead. So I will post while ya'll are sleeping. I talk to my friends in the states late at night or early in the morning. Mama I can totally relate with the hubby thing. He has never said a word about my weight but he is concerned about my health as am I. I think he deserves and I deserve to look and feel my best. I have always been someone who the weight bothers me 24/7.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:51 AM   #11  
4 gr8 ones

Good morning Vicki and Cheryl. Hi to both of you. Vicki you'll have to keep me updated that your time is far more than ours, I'll forget. Glad you've gotten a good start today. Of course now that I know you're 13 hours ahead of us then it's like almost 8 pm tonight for you. That is so hard to grasp. ANyway, way to go. I slept an hour later than I like to, didn't mean to, just did. So I'll try to work something in today for exercise. Yesterday I played tag with my kids around the house. We came from a 850 sq ft. home to a 2100 sq ft. home not very long ago and we're sure taking advantage of it.
Have a great day Cheryl.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:58 PM   #12  

Hey all,
70, I sent you an email. Please ,let me know if you got it.Things are going great this weekend so far. I had tennis lessons yesterday. Today is not a busy day. We are so busy in the week that I have to catch up on everything.
I will go to the gym tonight.
Have a great day,
Vicki
Old 07-08-2005, 09:30 PM   #13  
4 gr8 ones

Sounds great Vicki. Keep it up. I haven't done well today. Been much more active with kids and such so that counts I think. I'm a little blue this evening, but I'll get it together.
Talk later.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #14  

Mama,
I hear ya' I am alittle blue today too. I think it is because I have such a bad sinus headache. I will work out tonight because it helps my headache.
Vicki
Old 07-09-2005, 07:32 AM   #15  
4 gr8 ones

Good morning ladies. Hope your headache gets better Vicki. I guess I slept okay, but I'll need a nap later, didn't sleep that good. Anyway, I'm not so blue, dh and I had a little argument last night, nothing major just words, but all came out okay. He's gone til tomorrow staying with his friend and the fire station. He has to get 3 ride outs on the ambulance before he can take the national registry. I love him very much, but I love when he's gone all night too. And I don't want that to sound bad, but I can run things my way. Plus it'll make me more than ready to see him tomorrow.
I think I'm staying home today unless something comes up. Hope all is well.