South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 06:50 AM   #1  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Default Thursday Chat-July 7, Very Sad Day

I was woken up this morning by some sad news. (I sleep with the tv on)
If you haven't please tune into the news.

My heart goes out to all our chicks&families, along with everyone in London.
Let's keep all of these people in our hearts and prayers, as they did for us 3 1/2 years ago.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:16 AM   #2  

Wenchy, we too are sitting here glued to the TV...Horrific...I am in tears....
Old 07-07-2005, 07:18 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I just checked CNN. I am assuming this is a result of the G8 Conference and awarding the Games to London not a terrorist attack. Time will tell. At any rate, CNN says two dead. Let's hope there aren't any more. I always found the London Underground a very scary place.

My day is well underway as I had a slew of emails to deal with this morning. I wish people would go to bed when I do instead of remembering things at 11 PM! I should just phone them at 5 AM when I get up. Most of it was about Community in Blooms and the Fair. Judging for CIB and special dinner is July 21 and the Fair opens that night. I need to be cloned to be in both places!

It's a lovely cool morning and I'm in my workie clothes ready to tackle my big list. My arm is very sore from yesterday's shot and vampire attack but a ciuple of Advil should fix that up - along with another coffee! This afternoon I will go to the Strawberry Social at Harry's residence and try very hard not to eat cake and cream! I meet friends at the Long Horn for dinner (a veggie burger?) and then have a Fair Board pre-Fair meeting at 7:30. A stuffed day!

What's happening around your Beach towel?
Old 07-07-2005, 07:18 AM   #4  

Same here Schatzi. It's so 'horrific' as Tony Blair just said a few minutes ago.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:23 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks what a sad world we live in at times. I had the tv on till the kids started arriving and Clifford took over. Ruth your day sounds busy as usual take care and have fun with Harry at the social. I will check in later. I am off to clean my kitchen before someone comes and closes me down.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:52 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Very sad, indeed.
I'm taking my DD to summer school, then I'm going back to bed. Love and hugs to all...
Old 07-07-2005, 07:55 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Ellis or Ruth -- I started a post without checking here first...if you want to take it down.

Hearts and hugs to all in London. My eating pizza last night was totally put into perspective...
Old 07-07-2005, 07:57 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

I'll leave it up, Jenn.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:11 AM   #9  

Hi Little Chick..That's too funnie! I love when my house is like a new shiny penny and sparkly.. My biggest problem that I have conquered is clutter ! Didn't realize that I was such a pack rat..and DH is worse then me! It was such a cleansing act for me to get rid of all the crapola we've accumulated!
Ruth: You Buszzzzzzzzzzy Beeeeeeeeeee...Have fun with Harry today- and keep those vampires at bay!
Wenchy... Where were you the last few days! U were missed!
Last night the new "owners" came by..What a lovely couple! Their first home purchase.. I am soooo happy to sell our home to young first time buyers. She is adorable and was so joyous she was in tears... DH took the young man under his wing, when he was asking how do you clean the filter, how do you do this and that...We told them that if they wanted it, we would leave them the little glass and iron patio bistro set with 4 chairs and an umbrella as our house warming gift to them. After we told them that we would accept their offer, another lady called who I took a shine to as well.. I told her we accepted an offer.. She then offered us more... but I told her we already accepted and it wouldn't be right.. It was a small act in learning to keep "greed" at bay..To some that may sound stupid but it was important for me... K@T: yes, it was all about the CHI BAYBEE! Feng Shui... Facing true South is a good thing for FengShui'ers... but since you can see the top of a high tension tower in the distance, it apparently was blockin that CHI Thang!
Today I have a delivery of Boxes so that I can begin packing..

All you FABULOUS CHICKS HAVE A GREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAT DAY!
Old 07-07-2005, 08:25 AM   #10  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Hey all, I've avoided posting the past few days since I have been irritable. I am sure part of that is from meds but not all of it. I have been strict in watching what I eat but I am still maintaining, not losing. I suppose it's better than gaining but I will take whatever at the moment. I had eggs this morning and now I feel sick. I have noticed that when I do eat eggs (scrambled usually) I feel this way so I have decided no more eggs for breakfast.
Tomorrow is my 5yo's bday and I am trying to decide what to do and what to get him still. I have been slacking big time in the birthday department.

I am sorry to hear about what is happening in the UK and pray for those who have lost loved ones.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:26 AM   #11  

Well, have bad news. I didnt get the job/promotion. An agent started a stink a few weeks ago, and cause he did, if I was given the job, he could have caused major problems. BUT! My evaluation is up, and our(mine & mama's) boss is requesting a $2000 raise(last time was $1500) and is going to do another 'special' evaulation in 90 days. For the reason I would be taking time from making commisions to train the person who will get the job.
Plus, Mama said she would would make it up to me somehow.
Good point is EVERYONE said I was the most qualified(Includes the powers that be at the Home Office.)

Thanks Schatzi. Been laying low lately. lol
Old 07-07-2005, 08:30 AM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick drive by on my way out the door!

Looks like another busy one for us chicks! Hopefully they will have my car ready today. Drivin DH is killer on the knee. 5 speed! Lots to do to get all of DD things packed and secured. She also needs a waxin before she leaves! lol Take care all.

Prayers for our peeps in London!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:07 AM   #13  
K@t
Babywaby

Morning every one,

I have been watching what is unfolding in the UK they are comparing it to Madrid which hits close to home since we are so close to Spain. It's a tragedy, but I hear they had great response time and there are very little fatalities. So far were hearing 8, which is not nearly as bad as 9/11 or even Madrid. We will have to wait to see how things unfold.

My day is going good so far, got to sleep in after yesterdays horrible day. I drank a milkshake for breakfast (love that recipe!) and made the taco bake for lunch, hubby hates beans and I didn't tell him I used them but he tasted them and said next time to make a small one on the side for him with out beans. Darn! I thought I fooled him! I'm going to work around 3 and will be there until 8. I'm taking some snack with me, baby cheese rounds, lunch meat, and some nuts. I have chicken setting out for dinner. I am going to make phase 1 work for me!! I lost weight on my first week and then after that no more because I cheated to many time. I just ordered some revitalize shakes, so I will be using those for breakfast, see if that helps me out!

Well hope every one else has a great day!!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:10 AM   #14  

Fl Mom: Sorry you've not been feelin yourself ..How about that Chocolate Shake for breakfast? Are you on PH1, 1.5 or II? and LOOK at how much you've lost already! You are doing MAHVALOUS DAHLINK! and you know if you stick with the plan not only will that weight start to creep south..but you are getting healthier!

Wenchy: Bummer about the promo... but GREAT about the $$$$$! And remember, you have been thinking about going back to school for nursing.. Maybe this is Kismet's way of saying your future lies elsewhere ... Believe me, as one of the "ancient ones" around here, Promotions don't always go to the best or most qualified..so take Heart!!!

Bamie: I am SOO Tempted to go down to Alibamie and fix the Brakes on that VeHiCal of yours! Maybe I'll just Fix it to stay in Neutral for ya to get a "brake" (heh heh,cornball humor)... Anywhoooo, most exciting about DD... isn't Australia known for their VeggieMite, Kaola bears and NADS hair removal product?? LOL... The lady who invented it for her "DauTah" instead of Waxing?

Jenn.. I bought the SB Pizza... I'm gonna try that..but there really is no compare for ANY pizza to "Joisey" and "New Yawk".. We do make the BESTEST!

Later PerTaters... Must Walk the furkids.. and get my exercise in!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:22 AM   #15  

good morning everyone.....I am sitting watching the news and all this stuff is bringing back memories from 9/11 how awful. I am so sorry for all you UK girls...my heart goes out to you.

Nothing going on for me today...working out for an hour this morning....then off to work...its a pretty crappy day out..hope all of you have a good day.
Closed Thread