Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 11:06 PM   #1  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again.. #738!

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 11:13 PM   #2  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Sorry I've been MIA lately. My sister is getting married on Sunday, so these last two weeks have been insane. I've been working a lot, too.

Congrats to all of those who have lost! Each step is a step closer to your final goal, and you will get there!

Welcome to all the newcomers! I hope you'll love it here as much as we all do.

Catherine, my thoughts are with you and I hope you recover quickly! Sorry to hear about the fall as well, but I'm so glad you were treated decently rather than the way you've been treated in the past.

Dogpal, sounds like you had a blast! Glad you didn't get eaten by any bears And congrats on breaking the plateau! Way to go!

I'll do more individual replies tomorrow - I'm wiped out from work! As a sidenote, I didn't realize we weren't supposed to start the new threads without posting too. I'm sorry!
Old 07-06-2005, 11:51 PM   #3  
Shadiepurple

Wink This is brought over from last thread cause I did it again, sorry ladies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME AGAIN!!!

Joann and all who care to know : HbA1c is a blood test that checks you blood sugar level avarage for the last 3 months. It give a wider picture of your blood glucose than the finger stick test that just says what you level is at the moment. Some times we have a high level and havent eaten yet and others its low after we eat. The HbA1c is a more global view of how your useing your sugars. I have it done every three months and I dont test all day everyday because I hate it sooooo much . The doctor didnt give me that choice but she doesnt give me a bad time about it because my HbA1c levels are aways good meaing my sugars aren't bouncing high and low all the time . A 5.0 is perfect. Anything above you might need to be watched more closely for Diabetes. I am diabetic and mine run around 7.0 . I've had them lower and I hope its way low in Aug. Exercise and low carbs bring down your levels. Good luck with that . Its a great idea to find out if you need it done.

Hippyvanlady: Thank you so much for the kind words about me helping my son. I must confess, it is he that is helping me. He is so excited for every new move I make and knows so well when I need to be pushed or its time to back off. He enjoys fixing meals for just he and I because he doesn't want me to eat "differnt" food then everyone else. He say "come on mom" when I start whinning about some gooie food I'm wanting or don't want to go weigh in or exercise. I know I would have had some fall by now if it wasn't for him. But because of him I can honestly say that I have not had any falls since I started in April. I have over eaten a few times but its been stuff like salads the size of my head or the whole bag of soy crisp chip like things. The whole bag is like 3 servings. OH WELL. Better than the whole bag of nacho doritos..the big bag..Hes still a kid so he has junk he wants to have sometimes, but hes so sweet he will either get his and something he knows I can have or he will eat it when I busy . He doent have to hide or anything like that hes just into me feeling better that he likes being able to do something that he knows is good for us both. I know I must sound boastful, but he is a super smart kid and always thinks about how others feel . When he was 5 he saw Montel Williams show talking about breast cansar. He can in the bathroom looking for me and very concerned asked me" Mom, do you do your monthly breast exam. Its very important you know. This is the right way to do it when you take a shower." Then he proceeded to show me what he saw on t.v. Hes always been weird smart like that. I think thats why we get along so well. Anyway way more info. than all wanted to know. Just braggin' Thanks for listening.

Last edited by shadiepurple; 07-06-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi everyone,

There are so many people to write to whew. I just will touch up on a couple. I have had such a hectic day. My mom called this morning at 6 a.m. to let us know that my dad got hit by his two running huge dogs last night and they knocked him down and in the process when they ran into him, they broke his leg really badly. We spent the day at the hospital waiting to hear about when his surgery is. They finally squeezed him in. Poor guy has a metal brace holding his bones together. My dad is my daddy and I was so worried about him. It looks like he will be just fine. I feel so bad for him. He is 70 years old and you truly would never guess that by looking at him or watching him be active. He is in such great physical shape. This will really slow him down for a while. I am so thankful to God that he came out of surgery well and his prognossis is good.

To all the loosers, YeA, Weigh To go! Keep it up.

To everyone who is struggling, you can do it. Things will get better. It will. Just hang in there and eventually it will pass the right way.

Futurediva: I just had to say it is great to see that you are still "down sizing" lol.

Happy Birthday to Solus and Soon2be. I hope that your birtday was wonderful, smashing and everything you want it to be. Many more to you both. July 6th was a good day!

Blessings to you all,
Dogpal.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Dogpal

I'm so sorry about your dad! I will pray for a complete recovery for him! I am very close to my dad also - he will be 88 in November and has had many heart problems in the last couple of years - when he hurts, I hurt!

Take Care!

Lori in IL
Old 07-07-2005, 03:04 AM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone!

I’ve been away for a while. It got really hectic here! My family flew in from Ohio, and they spread their flights over the whole weekend. OY! We spent out weekend up in Murrieta at my Aunts house for the weekend, so I was without a computer. I hope everyone had a good 4th of July. We had 17 family members fly in!!! It’s a packed house here!

I may be mia for the next two weeks because of family, but I’ll make every effort I can, to come on and chat with ya all!

I want to update everyone about my foot. I went to my appointment on Tuesday. It turns out I had a piece of glass in my foot!!! I dunno where I got it from, but I suspect that it was from working in the backyard… It was pulled out and IMMEDIATELY it felt better and I could put pressure on it. The doctor said that could very well be the reason for the swelling in my bursa… the area on the back of the foot just above the heel. Glad it’s not bursitis. Anyways, they gave me a tetanus shot as well… :’( Gave me a prescriptiong for 800mg of ibuprofen and told me to continue taking it for another week and I will be good to go.

The other thing I wanted to update ya all on is…….my weight. well *sigh* due to the inactivity and staying off my feet, and of course all those dang bbq’s and bday parties that were thrown for me… ugg and all that cake…. Well lets just say I gained back more than I really want to admit right now. It’s embarrassing. I gained back 5lbs in 2.5 weeks. I’m going backwards! But… I made my bed and now I have to lay in it. I’m okie with that. I will just pick myself up and start over again. Which leads me to some more news…. Today was my first day doing laps in the Universities Pool. I think the pool was like 60 – 70 feet long. Went from 4 feet to 7feet deep and I did about 16 laps hehehe. If that were done in my pool… at 60 feet then for everyone 1 lap in the university pool, I did 3 in my pool so that’s like 60 laps approx. For some reason is seemed much harder in the university pool… dunno why. Maybe cause I been out of activity for so long. I’m back in the game ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Take care…
Sue….

P.S.

My weight trackers are current as of today. I changed them to reflect what I weighed in at when at the doctors office… *blush*
Old 07-07-2005, 06:33 AM   #7  
Determined to Lose!!!

Thumbs up

GOOD MORNING DARLINGS!!!

Happy Birthday Solus (sorry this is belated...)

Shadie, your son sounds like a real doll! Thanks for sharing... lately I've been on this 'to have children or to not have children cusp' and it's good to hear folks talking about the POSITIVE side of things because I'm well versed on the negative!

Dogpal, I never got to say how gorgeous your camping trip sounded! I don't do camping, mainly due to my fear of animals, my desire for comfortable, man-made toilets and washing facilities and my dislike of laying on the ground - because its so hard to get up BUT you sure did make camping and the natural world sound very attractive! I actually wanted to be in the lake with ya!

I'm really sorry about what happened to your dad and I wish him a speedy recovery. Yuck, that must suck for someone so active. How long will he be off his feet? I've never been active, but I had a leg operation 17 years ago and spent nearly a year in a hip to toe cast. I was absolutely miserable and threatened to tear the cast off myself quite a few times... It finally came off just after my 11th birthday. Till this day I think about it and cringe.

Rosie, glad to see you here...

Lilion, thanks for your support. You're right. I'll just have to jump back in there! I think when I fall off I have this overwhelming fear that this will be like before when I 'forgot' about my goals. I must remember that I am the captain of this body and I am the only one that can change things!

Catherine, Thanks for your support too. I loved your exercise metaphors. You're right too. Yesterday when I FORCED myself to do aerobics, I kept thinking... I feel so great when I exercise, so why do I need to FORCE myself in the first place?

By the way, I knocked that aerobics out. I couldn't believe how quick and easy this program seems now. (It's a Cindy Crawford getting back into shape DVD w/ 3 workouts for toning, stregnth training and aerobics) I've had it and been working out with it since April. I thought it was sooo hardcore and I used to be dripping with sweat. Yesterday I only slightly broke into a sweat and it seemed to be over in a flash. mmm it might be time to get a Tae Bo DVD so Billy Banks (is that his name) can really tear me up!

Solus, I'm so glad that everything seems to be working out for you! Congrats on that loss and fitting into those tight Capris! I think fitting into old clothes probably makes me more excited than the scale. I find that I become really depressed when the scale doesn't move, but if i still can't fit into those 'tight jeans' I tend to fold them back up and turn the event into motivation to fit into them later.... go figure?

Sue, I cannot believe that you had a piece of glass stuck in your foot! And i cannot believe it caused you all those problems! Incidentally I had a piece of glass caught in the surface of my foot last week (same foot as the old problem) and I had no idea how this could have happened... It was really bugging me, but I couldn't see it. I limped for a day or so and then it seemed to go away. Maybe it fell out... anyway thank God it's no longer hurting!

Right Ladies, it's time for me to do some serious thinking and commit myself to some goals. I can't believe how much my weight loss has slowed down just from lack of concentration! I might just stick with 10% and 'mini-goals' b/c I find when I focus on the week at hand I do better. So maybe 4 lbs every 2 weeks...

Ok, I've blabbed enough... Love you girls and thanks a million for all of your support!
Old 07-07-2005, 06:38 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, everyone!

I actually have work to do this morning here in the office (of all the crazy things), but I just HAD to come and post my weigh-in for the week. Now, I haven't "officially" weighed in in 3 weeks because of vacation and imending gain, but when I weighed in at TOPS last week, I had a 4.5-pound gain which would have put me up to about 298 on my home scale This morning, according to my home scale, I am at 290.5!! I think I lost a lot of water--I was retaining with the heat and humidity, but the weather has been much more manageable lately. Whatever the cause, I'm down by quite a bit in just a week, so I'm way beyond happy!

Thanks for letting me take a moment to pat myself on the back
Old 07-07-2005, 07:10 AM   #9  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin' Ladies,

I'm very slowly getting back OP. Taking little steps but they will add up!

Today I'm going to shoot for no unhealthy snacks and no huge portions. I'm back on track w/my water and I'm trying to move more.

Please say a prayer for the families of those lost and for the injured in those awful explosions in London, this morning.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:30 AM   #10  

Unhappy We're here for you

Chickies in England ~ please let us know that you are OK.

We're praying for you and everyone in London.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #11  
~ Trying again ~

Good morning ladies…sorry I didn’t post yesterday. I just popped in and around the site yesterday, reading other posts…etc. Didn’t have much time to post though.

shadiepurple – I just wanted to say that your son sounds like a really amazing kid! I think any parent would be very proud to have a son like him! It’s great that he helps you out so much…it’s really nice to have that support!

dogpal – So sorry to hear about your dad’s leg!!! I hope that all goes well for him, and that he is back on his feet soon!

Solus & Soon2be I hope you both had a wonderful day!!!

SueMarie301 – I just want to say that I am happy they found out it was glass in your foot, and not bursitis. (Not that you want glass in your foot either) but at least you know the pain will be gone! My mother gets bursitis in her arms/shoulders every so many years, and she is in so much pain that she cannot lay down. She has to sleep in a chair. Ouch! I don’t think I’d want to have to deal with bursitis anywhere on my body! And don’t be discouraged about those 5 lbs. You know what happened, and you are able to admit, and face it. I applaud you for that! You can do it!!!

BIGGIRL27 – I hear you on the wanting to have kids, not wanting to have kids thing. I am only 22 and I know I have lots of time to decide about children, but some days I am just not sure about it all! LOL.

Jillybean720 – Way to go on the tremendous loss!!! Heck…to me…a loss is a loss!!! Awesome job! You rock! Keep up the great work!!!

Well – this week has been a little hard for me getting back on track. For some reason, I feel like I am starting this whole plan all over again. (Darn those long weekends!) LOL. I will do it…it will take time…but I will do it.

I have not gotten to the gym since last week. I am definitely going tomorrow morning though…no if’s, and’s or but’s about it!!!

Last night Ricardo and I decided to go and look at Value City Furniture for a new couch and love seat. We did find one set that we liked, and it’s on sale, but we cannot buy anything until August/September. At least now I know what I am looking for though!

Many things in our house are so outdated. I am wanting to re-model everything. Guess I’ll need to go and plant a nice money tree in the back yard to pay for all this stuff!

Well – there’s not much going on around my neck of the woods. Just working, and trying to eat right.

I hope that you are all having a wonderful week! Only one more day to go until

Take care,
Kari

P.S. – I just want to say that I am thinking of everyone is London right now, and I pray that everyone over there is okay! My prayers are with everyone who had to experience this terrible tragedy.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:16 AM   #12  
Determined to Lose!!!

Hi Girls

We are OK - we've heard that family in London are OK too. Thanks for thinking about us. I'm in shock, though! I was in upstate PA during 9/11, but much closer to things here in Preston...
Old 07-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #13  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

.5 gain...which I actually had expected only because of TOM...so I was able to take it in stride (and not cry). I was really happy for my friend though...she finally decided to do a week of really staying on plan, planning meals, not trying to cheat points with fast food..and lost 6.4 lbs...I think she finally gets it now and will find more success down the line.

My cramps are killing me and my Advil has not taken effect yet...argh.

Here is a silly question...Ore Ida Hash Brown patties are 1 pt each (70 calories) when cooked without oil. I figured I could make them in my toaster oven...but I have no idea how long I should kep them in for, or on what setting...and the box only has oil-based directions. Any ideas?

Sue...glad it was only the glass in your foot and that they were able to remove it safely. I'm still looking forward to our "play date" in a few weeks!!

Catherine...I have lost it at the store before for no apparent reason as well...over things like kool-aid. I get annoyed when people are overly patronizing and also when people just sit there doing nothing. My emotions run on their own system from time to time...some days I wish I could just cry the fat away.

I'm up and about early this morning because I have a nail appointment at 8:30 but I question if I will have the motivation to come back here, change clothes and go walking. I know I need to...but ugh. I was worried last night that I had thrown out my back again. I fell asleep on my BFs couch in a strange position and when I tried to stand up I couldn't get my balance and there was a lot of pain in my right hip and the back of my thigh. Fortunately it resolved itself during the night when I was in bed. I wish I had a place I could go and swim...argh.

Ok..off and running...have a good day.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #14  
DoxieMomx2

Finally finding the time to take a few minutes and try to catch up! Being on vacation this week has been soooo relaxing, but very active. I think anytime away from the stress of my job is a vacation, even if I am really busy at home! Hubby and I spent 4 1/2 hours landscaping our backyard yesterday. Planted some more bushes and pots of flowers, redid one (very long) bed that I have sphiarrea (sp. ?) and burgundy barberry in with pink quartz rock as opposed to mulch and I love it! Then we put a white wooden picket fence all the way across to keep the fur babies out - one of my barberry is looking poorly and I suspect it has been christened with "Leo peepee." We also pavestoned another arch-shaped bed and also filled it with the same rock. We also went to a KC Royals game last night. We let our son (13) take his "girlfriend." HUGE moment for mom - his first date. I didn't know whether to cry or make her fill out an screening application!

I am suppose to be painting the family room today, but my butt and upper thighs aren't sure they want to work this morning!! I will tackle it today anyway!

I have missed too much to do any individual replies, but BIG CONGRATS TO ALL THE GREAT LOSERS! And especially Lilion for making your goal!!!!

Also, to all our London friends, I am glad you are well and safe and I will be praying for you all over there.

Need to run and get that paint brush moving!
Old 07-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Default I Did The Bike, But The Bike Got Me!

I DID THE BIKE, BUT THE BIKE GOT ME!

Hello Girls!

Well, guess what? I RODE that bike for around TEN minutes today!! BUT, the bike had the last laugh! It has those arm thingys that you move back and forth while you are riding. When I went to get off, my big belly got in the way and caused me to fall and the bike fell on top of me!! So my four littles ran downstairs and told my husband I was lying on the living room floor with the exercise bike on top of me! He came up the stairs cussing his head off which is how he usually deals with stuff! So anyway, once I calmed down and realized nothing was broken, he helped me up and I'm DETERMINED to get back up on the beast!! I WILL, UH HUH!!!!

DOXIEMOM - you GO girl! That is hard work what you are doing but the reward is great, isn't it?
SUE - take care of that foot! Sounds painful!

Have a great day everyone!
Lori in IL
Closed Thread